Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702086 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #12000 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:48 am »

Yeah I'm definitely considering it. Grr.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: June 04, 2012, 01:37:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't sound homophobic at all, he sounds like he really needs to tone things down or limit his discussion to people who actually want to hear that sort of thing.  Is it possible to talk to your other group members about the problem?
I'm trying to get in contact with a friend of his, who also happens to be a friend of mine, and ask him to ask the other guy to tone it down. He's a fairly empathic fellow (probably the wrong word), and I've talked to him about my feelings on matters like this before, so hopefully he should understand.
くコ:彡

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:00 am »

*moves up to the menu bar with mouse to try and find music player...*

GAAAAH

*dejectedly goes to the search bar and types in music player name. Starts music, good times are had, moves mouse to bottom of screen to try and switch back to firefox..."

AAAARG

If I come out of this without self inflicted wounds I'll be surprised.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:39 am »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/things-that-will-drive-your-ocd-self-insane

I lost it at number 7.

Number 8 is classic tho.
14. What is this? I don't even...

On the subject of OCD itself, I feel it's in the same vein as ADHD. Most of it is just people being people, and nothing to really panic about, or especially take drugs for.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: June 04, 2012, 03:15:14 am »

Yea, that list clearly ran out of ideas after about number 6.
This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:34 am »

On the subject of OCD itself, I feel it's in the same vein as ADHD. Most of it is just people being people, and nothing to really panic about, or especially take drugs for.

No. You are wrong. Go read up on OCD and you will understand why.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: June 04, 2012, 04:11:57 am »

ADHD for that matter, too. Lots of people treat it as a joke, but I'm not laughing when I'm sitting at my computer for 3 hours trying to finish a report but am physically unable to.

Everyone has the traits of these disorders to some degree, but the point where it crosses over from "normal" to "disorder" is when it becomes debilitating. When it becomes a barrier as real as any physical one.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:16:34 am by kaijyuu »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: June 04, 2012, 04:19:16 am »

ADHD for that matter, too. Lots of people treat it as a joke, but I'm not laughing when I'm sitting at my computer for 3 hours trying to finish a report but am physically unable to.

Everyone has the traits of these disorders to some degree, but the point where it crosses over from "normal" to "disorder" is when it becomes debilitating. When it becomes a barrier as real as any physical one.
I agree with both of you guys, but I'm pretty sure Lagslayer was talking more about the ADHD medicine commercials for 5 year olds who "Have trouble staying quiet" or the tons of people who think they have OCD because the don't like to leave spelling errors in their posts or like to have straight pencils.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:18 am »

Well, yeah, but that's the self-diagnosis crowd; they're morons no matter what disease they think they have.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:39 am »

Rain; rain everywh-

SUDDENLY, Ford F-250 Heavy Duty (massive!) pickup truck speeds by on a road of which he shouldn't be speeding, especially toward a red light, and soaks me to the bone on my way to work.

Fuck you, bro, fuck you.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Eventide

• Bay Watcher
  • I drew my avatar myself. Hoh god it's a drawfriend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21:16 am »

I'm a member of the angry cakes. RAAAAAGE  >:(
I need more stuff to do here :c I feel left out.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:43 am »

Gosh, I could really scarf a few pistachios right now...

Urge to eat something = rising...!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Eventide

• Bay Watcher
  • I drew my avatar myself. Hoh god it's a drawfriend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: June 04, 2012, 08:36:36 am »

Gosh, I could really scarf a few pistachios right now...

Urge to eat something = rising...!

You better not eat a cake. :3
I need more stuff to do here :c I feel left out.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: June 04, 2012, 08:51:48 am »

In the (presumably) final jumping part of Psychonauts, the bit where you follow your father through the meat circus as he tries to murder you (gee thanks Dad) and the water rises. There is a broken, flaming vertical spiral of climbing net. I have died on this obstacle somewhere approaching sixty times now. What the fuck.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:06 am »

In the (presumably) final jumping part of Psychonauts, the bit where you follow your father through the meat circus as he tries to murder you (gee thanks Dad) and the water rises. There is a broken, flaming vertical spiral of climbing net. I have died on this obstacle somewhere approaching sixty times now. What the fuck.

That game is awesome. That level is one of the worst ever conceived. Seriously, that's one of the crappiest levels in any game I've ever had the privilege of playing. It's a good thing that you at least get a decent cut-scene afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 3345