Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701696 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #11955 on: June 03, 2012, 03:27:10 am »

As far as i know, there are alot of diffrent linux's out there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: June 03, 2012, 04:04:35 am »

Fedora isn't even the most used.

But what's this BS about "secured desktop computing hardware"? That's what worries me the most.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: June 03, 2012, 04:14:50 am »

But what's this BS about "secured desktop computing hardware"? That's what worries me the most.

Smells like an anti-trust lawsuit waiting to happen. The thing will even require drivers or whole programs to furnish a (industry-issued) digital key.

Marketed as a replacement to BIOS, UEFI provides a secure boot protocol, which requires the OS to furnish a digital key in order to be loaded by the machine. UEFI then can block the operations of any programs or drivers unless they have been signed by this key, a move that should prevent malware from infecting machines by changing the boot-loading process.

In other words, DRM at the root level and hooked into the operating system itself. Sounds like MS is trying to bully practically everyone into a new DRM format.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: June 03, 2012, 04:22:19 am »

I hope that initiative goes down in flames. And shame on Fedora for supporting it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: June 03, 2012, 04:23:40 am »

It may not be the most used but it's the first one to fall. This is what happens when "trusted" computing is enforced.

EDIT: This has the potential of completely removing the capability to boot with live disc or USB that's loaded with an "unauthorized" OS. System repairs then gets a lot harder to do.
Multibooting is also at risk.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:29:45 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: June 03, 2012, 04:49:26 am »

Pff, if you dont download crap and have a good antivirus installed, the average end-user should not need this.
aka, its a useless piece of crap.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: June 03, 2012, 06:29:47 am »

Spoiler: wall of text (click to show/hide)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: June 03, 2012, 06:35:30 am »

Yeah, my mother worked at a wally world once. Worst month of working she ever had. Wal Mart is a huge pile of bull shit; I'm glad you got out of there and didn't give them another bit of your precious work hours.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: June 03, 2012, 06:40:23 am »

Yeah, it's not worth it to work at such jobs. Ever. It's a sick world we live in where unwillingly debasing yourself for other's profit and amusement is considered more respectable than doing nothing.

My worst job was at Domino's. I got it easy compared to everyone else; I got fired on a technicality, while my boss got his soul crushed with empty promises of advancement, unpaid overtime (80+ hour work weeks, sometimes), and massive amounts of butt kissing that went nowhere.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: June 03, 2012, 06:56:15 am »

SO we're talking about UEFI now? Because thats not going to work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: June 03, 2012, 11:19:14 am »

DF thread in kag forum:
i play this game, im a member on the community
in all honesty, the community is full of people from 4chan, a rather famous trolling site.

people in the forums might say that the game has many possibilities, and they don't know that some people prefer vanilla, and in dwarf fortress vanilla, it's no fun, very dull.

one time i posted a thread on some fun stuff to do, all of them just kept saying the same thing, which is: MOD THE GAME!!!!

*somebody saying that the UI is quite bad, and he's right. there is no denying that, but thats not the point.*

Finally someone agrees with me, I'm already starting to think Toady first aimed his goal for a dull fantasy game, but as more people come and thought it's some fun game, Toady hid his fantasy goal.

Dwarf Fortress gets boring over time, even the Fortress Mode said fun mode, is very boring, even Adventure Mode is boring too.
Game's too boring.

*the guy that said something about the UI saying that he does not agree with him, and is just saying something about the UI.*

How can he be a member of the fucking community if he thinks we are all 4channers and retards and mindless fanboys and that DF is dull?
I mean, seriously. wtf.

EDIT:
Most mature community?
You mean that guy that made jokes of the French?
You mean people always talking about genitals?
You mean people always talking about phallus?
You mean those IMMATURE jokes?
Seen them all, had enough.

Lolol, this is a perfect chance for trollage. Please, help me, i'm not such an expirienced troll :(

UPDATE:
Replied.
Thread link - Please note, a friendly mod removed the hate.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:23:33 pm by miauw62 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: June 03, 2012, 11:21:07 am »

They could not be more wrong if thiey tried.
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: June 03, 2012, 11:24:44 am »

How in the fuck could we be people from 4chan. There are not broken memes everywhere and we haven't raided anyone for Bay12.
They could not be more wrong if thiey tried.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: June 03, 2012, 11:29:15 am »

Oh look, he's flaming me on a diffrent thread now.
I mention that KAG still has a very long life because it can quite easily be modded.
He replies:

'EEZ EASEH TO SAI, U R PART OF DF COMMUNITEH DURR DURR DURR'

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: June 03, 2012, 11:55:06 am »

As requested, post edited out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:36:21 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 3345