Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701253 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Dat quote pyramid.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like nothing a habanero or two couldn't fix.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

You know that actually reminds me of how when I was little, I took to using hot sauces so my older brother wouldn't try to steal my food.

And now I'm eating hot sauce that makes my financee keep the hell away from my mouth after I've eaten till I brush.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

You know that actually reminds me of how when I was little, I took to using hot sauces so my older brother wouldn't try to steal my food.

And now I'm eating hot sauce that makes my financee keep the hell away from my mouth after I've eaten till I brush.
Nothing worse than an unexpected Sriracha french kiss.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eventide

• Bay Watcher
  • I drew my avatar myself. Hoh god it's a drawfriend
    • View Profile

Today, he wouldn't leave my room so I trapped him in a corner .-.

Then My adventurer, Urist Surprisedie (( Wat)) dodged straight into a lake. Surprise.
I need more stuff to do here :c I feel left out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Speak for yourself. Although in my case, my wife might get upset because it wouldn't be her...she's hypersensitive to capsaicin.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Speak for yourself. Although in my case, my wife might get upset because it wouldn't be her...she's hypersensitive to capsaicin.
I could think of a lot worse things. I once had a fellow run out of the sports bar in Syracuse screaming like a little girl. He was eating our habanero wings, and forgot to wash his hands before using the bathroom. I lol'd so hard. >________>

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I could think of a lot worse things. I once had a fellow run out of the sports bar in Syracuse screaming like a little girl. He was eating our habanero wings, and forgot to wash his hands before using the bathroom. I lol'd so hard. >________>
If that was a scene in a comedy, the only thing missing would be to start the scene off with Jerry Lee Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire". xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That reads like a skit out of a Ben Stiller movie.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had this happen to me once. Did a little spicy cooking when I thought "gotta remember to wash my hands, might as well use the rest room while I'm at it too >_>".

Yannanth

Have you thought of using Chromium instead?
Let me guess, you're a free software guy?

Even if you're not... basically, the Chromium and Chrome dev channels are identical. However, Chrome comes with a few inbuilt features like automatic upgrading. I also find the performance of the Flash Player superior and that is very noticeable on my ancient computer. That would probably be due to Chrome's Pepper API, which, as far as I know, is not implemented in Chromium.

And that why. :P Beta is stuck at version 19 for now though and version 20 has a couple of WebKit updates that are pretty significant. I only need to wait like 2 weeks for a fix. Sigh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Nah, I'd suggested it because Chromium hasn't crashed or acted weird for me since I got it as a backup/viewer of large pictures browser. (though it could be quite a bit out of date, I haven't checked) If I actually need to do anything with broswers I use Firefox 4.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Ok, so.... I know everybody deals with stupidity from their superiors at work, especially in corporate environments.  Does anybody else have issues with their bosses issuing ultimatums that are guaranteed to result in firing the vast majority of their workforce?  This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened, but it seems more serious this time.

In a 6 month period, I process around 4,000 entries.  Everyone was just informed today of a new Quality Improvement Program (QIP), whereby the entire operation is expected to reduce error ratios regarding three very broad categories of errors.  If we make 5 total errors in a 6 month period among these categories, we get fired. 

This is going to be judged according to the auditing department, which has always been regarded as a big fucking joke.  They internally disagree or flip flop on issues constantly, and it's people in my position who soak up the (usually meaningless) audits as a result because it's literally impossible not to complete certain types of entries without getting audited.  They're also known for ignoring disputes with impunity, leaving us with absolutely no recourse.  Up until now, this only effects scores on our yearly performance review, where it doesn't do too much damage.  Now it happens 5 times in a 6 month period, and we're fired.

They tried to implement almost this exact thing before, except it was an initiative by our senior manager that would have only effected our single office.  Everybody laughed it off when it was announced, and we never heard about it again.  This time it's a company-wide initiative handed down by executives, with a clearer set of rules and a big official acronym.

So... I have 3 months to find another job?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:47:24 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

People are idiots until proven otherwise in business. That seems to sum up your problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

People are idiots until proven otherwise in business. That seems to sum up your problem.
FTFY

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 3345