Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700838 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Because capitalism?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I don't even know why anyone would want one of those stupid toolbars mucking up your browser. They don't do anything. At all.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I've been using Skype for 5 or 6 years now I think....and I still have no idea what half of the shit in that program is for. I'll call people and suddenly I'll have 3 separate skype windows open. Every year they rearrange the call UI in some way, and good luck finding the specific audio options you need, because they're not contained all in one place.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah.
Thats why i prefer google chrome above IE. (except for reputation, obviously).
the UI is ALOOOT cleaner. I use only some quick-page-select bar or whatever its called that has things like DF forums, KAG forums, google etc on it.
Plus, being able to do searches in the adress bar saves TONS of time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Yeah.
Thats why i prefer google chrome above IE. (except for reputation, obviously).
the UI is ALOOOT cleaner. I use only some quick-page-select bar or whatever its called that has things like DF forums, KAG forums, google etc on it.
Plus, being able to do searches in the adress bar saves TONS of time.

putting "?" infront of a search term does this in IE for me...
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, i didnt know that.
But you cant deny, just typing it is ALOT more inuitive. Google chrome just has a UI thats like a thousand times better (tabs are not 5 miles big, nice animations, quite minimalistic UI). I just love it <3

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure typing something in the address bar will do a search in any major browser, assuming it doesn't find a website with the same name.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AFAIK, not in firefox, nor in IE.
They have a special bar thats usually the furthest away from where you would be doing ANYTHING on a webiste :x

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

AFAIK, not in firefox, nor in IE.
They have a special bar thats usually the furthest away from where you would be doing ANYTHING on a webiste :x
You are fully wrong there. I can type whatever I want into the Firefox 4 address bar and it'll come up with something. a b brings up these forums as the first possibility, an av brings up the AVWW release notes, and if I typed potato into the bar and hit enter it would throw the word at google and give me the resulting search page.

The search bar in the corner is only if you want to use a specific search function (like Wikipedia search, alternate search engines, etc)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have mine set to Wikipedia.
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, i never noticed that.
Thanks for telling (we use FF at school)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Hm, i never noticed that.
Thanks for telling (we use FF at school)
Probably won't work very well there, my school clears the local history when you logoff, and with no history it won't have any suggestions.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only things I hate about chrome is replacing the useful status bar with the useless download bar (which, I may add, has no way to remove items from it that I've managed to find). Oh, and the complete butchering of page titles. Not that they were ever SUPER useful anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Only things I hate about chrome is replacing the useful status bar with the useless download bar (which, I may add, has no way to remove items from it that I've managed to find). Oh, and the complete butchering of page titles. Not that they were ever SUPER useful anyway.

These things you mentioned are the primary reasons I've yet to start using Chrome. The actual differences between it and FF seem so minimal, it makes me think Chrome is more about branding and Google control than actually being superior.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Chrom(ium) is good for looking at hueg pictures due to the lack of UI. (it has one, but not much of one).
Firefox, with or without (I'd very much prefer it without and go back to the more reasonable one it used to use like everything else does) Chrome's ridiculous versioning system, is better for having lots of add-ons.
IE is good for obtaining both of the previous, and school exams.

<Insert Opera mention here>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:34:09 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 3345