Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702406 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

And the ONLY reason I ever want to use offline mode is if I suddenly find myself unable to play games that require you to be online but I can't be. It is a broken feature. If they gave two shits about their customers they would set up a rsa token/telephone/text service you could use to provide a challenge/response to activate offline mode without needing an internet connection.

I agree, but this is also the ONLY gripe I've had about Steam for a very long time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

If by service you mean internet, it works fine with absolutely nil internet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

"We're not looking for summer employees."

Sigh.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

But... you can start in offline mode if it can't connect.
I USED to be able to, suddenly steam went 'heh, fuck no!' and just stopped letting me do that.

I've read that's caused by having specific games installed (Civ V is one)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I USED to be able to, suddenly steam went 'heh, fuck no!' and just stopped letting me do that.

It didn't matter what game I had installed, its never allowed it for me, even when the only steam game I had was terraria.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

civ V, I hate you now.

is it related to that little cloud on the bar for the game when I look in my games library?

Dunno, basically I saw a number of people mentioning that going offline worked fine for them until they got Civ V; but maybe Valve changed something unrelated around the time Civ V was released.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

I have Civ 5. Still works.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

My brother got a smartphone recently, :D.
Now you may asketh, how is this a rrraaaageeeee ?
Good question.
This is the answer:
Apparantly, his smarthpone (i think a samsung gio) has a auto fuckbackup thingy, and every time after he uses wifi, it turns 3G networks back on.
Now, he uses call credit,  but he cant do that anymore due to that thing, as it always drains his call credit, so he cant call.
I mean, WTF ANDROID?

(also, there is no option to turn it off, you just have to screw things up in it manually every time you lose wifi connection)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Thats not a WTF ANDROID thing, thats a WTF are you using call credit with a smartphone thing. The things use up data obtusely fast, of course he'll drain his call credit trying to use it. Call credit is for phones that aren't trying to imitate netbooks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

you don't get it. The WTF is that the phone turns on 3G automatically after it has been disabled.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeh, thats the WTF/RAGEEEE.
Call credit is fine since i dont text/call too much, and i dont use 3G, i just use wifi and thats fine for nearly anywhere i go. I dont need internet on my phone when i'm at school. Hell, the hotel we go to in the summer even has free internet if you're a guest!
My brother isnt much diffrent from me in that aspect. I would be surprised if he used up his call credit. I have used 5 euros in 2 months.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

he got a smartphone.

I'd prefer a phone that is used as a phone, I only call and occasionally make texts. I don't care if I can connect to the internet, have 3G or what, I WANT TO USE MY PHONE AS A PHONE GODDAMNIT!
What! i can call on this?!?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, i use my smartphone mainly to play games in my room when i should be doing homework xD
Plus, touchscreen = i dont have to learn to use that numpad thingy to type.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the fuck, psoriasis? Normal dandruff is bad enough, but the other day I start pulling off huge chunks of dead skin. I had to scrape a comb across my scalp until it was red and raw until it stopped coming off.

he got a smartphone.

I'd prefer a phone that is used as a phone, I only call and occasionally make texts. I don't care if I can connect to the internet, have 3G or what, I WANT TO USE MY PHONE AS A PHONE GODDAMNIT!
Some asshole at work was giving me crap for having a phone just like that, using prepaid minutes rather than a contract. Really, because I can afford a $200+/mo. contract with "no" termination fees.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

What the fuck, psoriasis? Normal dandruff is bad enough, but the other day I start pulling off huge chunks of dead skin. I had to scrape a comb across my scalp until it was red and raw until it stopped coming off.

he got a smartphone.

Some asshole at work was giving me crap for having a phone just like that, using prepaid minutes rather than a contract. Really, because I can afford a $200+/mo. contract with "no" termination fees.
Akura just be lucky you aren't paying that bill >___>
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 3345