Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703441 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I. NEED. TO. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. OF. THIS. COUNTRY.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I reserve judgment until after the vote. I can believe that there are 30,000 crackpots in North Dakota without my faith in the sanity of the country being shaken, largely because that faith is so low that it has a center of gravity below the surface of the Earth. Should it pass, I will just make a note to stay the fuck out of Theocracyland*.

EDIT:

*I don't think I'm exaggerating, since this law would presumably apply to state lawmakers in their capacity as such. Federal law would likely render the amendment struck down by the US Supreme Court, but getting there is going to be a long and frustrating battle that shouldn't even have to be fought, if it passes in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:44:18 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I'm just disturbed that the thing even managed to get a vote.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I. NEED. TO. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. OF. THIS. STATE.
Fixed that for you, most of the country isn't that batshit insane....

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

It's certainly a stealthy way to undo pretty much every civil rights law ever passed.  I'm impressed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I'd dare say it's an Orwelian solution to them pesky civil rights. "I don't like your civil rights. So I'm going to claim protection of my civil rights in the act of violating your's."

It's like sometime in the last 10 years, all the frothing-at-the-mouth conservatives realized that they don't have to beat liberal ideology, they just have to echo it then completely ignore things like logical consistency and equality. It's like having someone try to say something to you, and all you do is shout back exactly what's being said.

And on a different note.....

People who turn into the outside lane from a right hand turn, then IMMEDIATELY decide "Op! Your lane was the one i wanted to be in, tee hee!" Hey, blond lady driving a giant fucking SUV, it's called "make a legal fucking right turn into the proper lane in the first place so you don't have to cut me off."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:58:28 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It's now part of my religion to punch everyone in North Dakota in the face should this pass. Amen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's only about 12 people, MZ.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

No one said Dakotans were particularily great at ideas. They're right next to Canada but don't have the same cold resistance as canadians.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It's now part of my religion to punch everyone in North Dakota in the face should this pass. Amen.
Amen

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That's only about 12 people, MZ.
Then I will hand out one dozen righteous punches.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

It's also kind of ironic, considering most North Dakotans are of Scandinavian extraction. Perhaps the reason Scandinavia is so liberal is that most of the conservative ones migrated to the Dakotas a century ago.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

That wouldn't explain it though as political affiliation is a function of (Parental Beliefs / Personal Rebellious Nature) + (Personal Experience / Local Environment) on a 5D graph.

And the fact that every point on the graph higher than an absolute value of 5 wants to destroy every other point on the graph is the reason there will never be world peace.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:26:40 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 3345