Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702152 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Now now, let's not be brash. I'm sure his opinions are completely validated, and if not, could simply be resolved with a heart warming conversation around a fireplace.
By which he meant, a conversation about how he needs to stop being a dick or you're going to cut out his heart and throw it in the fireplace.
Pros don't need to cut anything.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

also, someone I know believes that if a game is free, it must be shit. hence why they refuse to touch most games that I play.
There's a fairly strong population that believes free==crap, usually rolling off something about selling price denoting the value the creator places on it or something like that.

I just laugh and laugh and laugh. Then go back to using notepad++ or whatever.

Sometimes commercial does produce the better product, I'll give that. Usually, FOSS has produced something sufficiently capable you don't get much value added by shelling out cash. And FOSS'll win out on all fronts, eventually. *bides time*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

A certain type of person often assumes cost of good or service = value/quality of good or service...

"Why, if I paid twice as much as you for these nigh on identical things, mine must be twice as good" - its almost delusional.
This is a blank sig.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:
Just spend the next two weeks telling him everything he is interested in is shit (including Minecraft), and when he starts getting tired of it, feed him the same logic he's been giving you. The more absurd you can make your judgment, the better.
if you met him, you'd know that wouldn't work.

Its not supposed to work, it's supposed to frustrate him a bit and be sweet revenge. Man you're totally missing the point here. That would frustrate anyone, right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Trying to get people to understand free != shit universally is like explaining why I don't have MSOffice on here even thoughit said on the box it had a trial. Yes, it had a trial version of it. It has long since expired, and I'm not going to spend money when LibreOffice can save word documents/powerpoints or the rare excel file just fine in your choice of format.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

"I have spent £45 on this product, so I am going to think its brilliant even when it isnt as saying anything else makes me look like an ass...."
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

You should have sold a legit copy of Dwarf Fortress for $20 or something xD
I'm not going to spend money when LibreOffice can save word documents/powerpoints or the rare excel file just fine in your choice of format.

MSOffice does have lots of neat features. Gotta gve'm that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

A certain type of person often assumes cost of good or service = value/quality of good or service...

"Why, if I paid twice as much as you for these nigh on identical things, mine must be twice as good" - its almost delusional.
Its a big element of human psychology that people make a LOT of money on.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Office uses the ribbon. It is the devil.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

~Apple

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

MSOffice does have lots of neat features. Gotta gve'm that.
as well as 5000000 attempts to drive users mad by changing everything around each version, then resetting all of the options you chose...

Ah. I never change my MSO options, so there's that :3

MS10 is really sleek and nice.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Just wait until Microsoft Office® uses 'Metro' style UI, like Windows Phone™.

(posting from my office at a large company in Redmond)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Just wait until Microsoft Office® uses 'Metro' style UI, like Windows Phone™.

(posting from my office at a large company in Redmond)
i cant tell if thats sarcasm as i use the windows phone

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Yes, MSOffice has lots of options. I most likely will not need all of those though, and it has the goddamn ribbon. The ribbon alone makes it not worth it.
Also, If I don't have to pay ~$100 for a wordtyper and a slidemaker and other stuff, I can get more interesting things with said money. Much more interesting things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

What's the ribbon?

Also, I personally got MSOffice for no cost legitimately. So I have no qualms about cost :P

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 3345