Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702140 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The not changing is a good thing or a bad thing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I would assume that means that he doesn't get fired, and still gets to use his tablet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

It means she'll still tell me that I have to be focused while I'm at work, avoid distracting other employees, and advise me that if the behavior continues, it could result in warnings and eventually termination.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

So the complainer brigade wins?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

It means she'll still tell me that I have to be focused while I'm at work, avoid distracting other employees, and advise me that if the behavior continues, it could result in warnings and eventually termination.
Get other people who have been targeted/whatever by your workplace's gossip/drama/politics brigade, and have them bring up a complaint against the actual office drama brigade?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Get other people who have been targeted/whatever by your workplace's gossip/drama/politics brigade, and have them bring up a complaint against the actual office drama brigade?

This is my plan if things happen as I expect them to.  Everyone is sick of these people.  The only reason we haven't done this before is it's bound to get ugly, and I expect the drama brigade to actually enjoy it.  They seriously have no lives.  I think the handful of people at the core of this thing only go home to sleep.  Otherwise, they're always at the office.  They're all middle-aged and secretly bitter and have nothing better to do.  They'll love the excitement.  They'll devote themselves completely to it, and their "dedication" puts them in a position of excessive favor with higher authorities.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

This is my plan if things happen as I expect them to.  Everyone is sick of these people.  The only reason we haven't done this before is it's bound to get ugly, and I expect the drama brigade to actually enjoy it.  They seriously have no lives.  I think the handful of people at the core of this thing only go home to sleep.  Otherwise, they're always at the office.  They're all middle-aged and secretly bitter and have nothing better to do.  They'll love the excitement.  They'll devote themselves completely to it, and their "dedication" puts them in a position of excessive favor with higher authorities.

The kind of people who end up running Homeowners Associations basically.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

The kind of people who end up running Homeowners Associations basically.

That sounds about right, except more pathetic and impish.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ouch. I hope things go well?

Honestly, I really can't give that much advice concerning things like that. I still hope that everything goes well though.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Ouch. I hope things go well?

Honestly, I really can't give that much advice concerning things like that. I still hope that everything goes well though.

It could go very well, if I can get the right people involved.  The drama brigade is on 3rd shift.  They're the only shift that gets exclusive hours in the office, where they're the only people there.  Everyone on 2nd shift who has ever laid low while working overtime has seen that the atmosphere changes dramatically after everyone else is gone.  I've even heard from a couple people that they sometimes wander around and rummage through people's desks.  If I can get the right testimony about that kind of behavior, I could shut them down hard.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

User: "Hi, when I logged in this morning, I got some weird message....Windows something something. Something about Windows....can you help?"

Me: ".........."

Seriously? I mean, WTF is this happy horseshit? Do other professions go through this?
Do doctors get patients that say "Yeah, I got some pain...somewhere. Sometimes. Do I have cancer?"
Do mechanics have people say "My car does this thing where it makes a noise. How much is it going to cost me?"
Do lawyers (I'm looking at you Truean, because gods know if they exist, you've probably gotten them) have clients that say "I have a court thingy about something and they need some kind of papers. Something about law. Can you help?"

EDIT: Although, I am reminded of a friend's story, when he was working a summer job at a book consignment. Basically, this company would buy up excess books when bookstores went out of business or publishers were looking to dump excess stock or whatever, then they'd rent out a large abandoned store or a warehouse, hire some temp workers and sell the books cheap. Because it was such a random variety of books, they were only very broadly organized.

So one day, a lady comes in and says "I need help finding a book. It was about this big (using her hands to indicate), and it was blue."

He waits for more info and doesn't get any. "....Can you be a little more specific?"

"I think it was about medicine."

"....I think it's over there." (pointing waaaaaay over on the other side of the store, far enough away that she'd be someone else's problem)  :P

^^^
Yes, Very yes.
[blatant rant]
Clients do not know what they think they know....

1.) "I just had a question about _______." Their issue has nothing to do with _______, but they think it does and want an immediate one sentence answer. Or it does have to do with _____ but they don't have the paperwork they think they have and want an answer over the phone, also for free.... _____ is also complex but they don't know it and won't hear it....   
2.) "How much would you charge to write a letter to answer this foreclosure?" An answer is a motion and the beginning to the defense of a lawsuit (more complex but no one cares), and in foreclosure what they really want is time to find a short sale or a modification, but the client is convinced that they just need an "answer" and nothing else, because some moron realtor who I will yell at speak with later gave them bad advice.
3.) "Nope nothing," in response to my asking if there's anything else I need to know. In reality, they spit on the arresting officer.... I feel I was denied critical, need to know information and should've have had to learn about this while reading the police report....
4.) Generally they have no idea, but hopefully they might actually listen a tad. Realistically, they won't, but rather will often try to tell me how stuff should happen based upon their own views. This doesn't work as well as you would expect it to, it usually goes far worse. I swear they just intrinsically subscribe to the "losing is fun" motto....

Let me tell you how it goes some of the rest of the time. Somebody comes in and they have a problem. It all started when their mother met their father and goes past now; I hear all of it.... Somewhere in there I have to find something a judge would give a damn about that I can somehow tie into a legal remedy. This is not always possible. [blatant rant/]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

my brother seems to believe a game without good publicity is going to automatically be shite. (in this case, ARMA II)

he refuses to play dwarf fortress on that basis and the fact that, as he puts it, 'it is crap'. He says I'M presumptuous, and he judges a game before he has even played it!?

he did the same with minecraft, tried it, and found he really liked it. seems to have not changed his perspective, though.
can i beat him up

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Now now, let's not be brash. I'm sure his opinions are completely validated, and if not, could simply be resolved with a heart warming conversation around a fireplace.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Now now, let's not be brash. I'm sure his opinions are completely validated, and if not, could simply be resolved with a heart warming conversation around a fireplace.
By which he meant, a conversation about how he needs to stop being a dick or you're going to cut out his heart and throw it in the fireplace.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Just spend the next two weeks telling him everything he is interested in is shit (including Minecraft), and when he starts getting tired of it, feed him the same logic he's been giving you. The more absurd you can make your judgment, the better.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 3345