Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701148 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

But that can't be a absolute answer as the deviation is the measurement of variation between data! who the fuck thought of this?

Me? :-/

Well, can you propose a way to obtain a distribution of alleles from one to a hundred that is sound, variable in distribution, and otherwise codable? >.> (defensive)

Also, question!! If there are 100 boxes and 35 red, 45 blue balls, upto 1 of either per box, would (a) picking a box, if it is empty retrying until you have picked 15 balls different from (b) having 80 boxes of 35/45 red/blue balls, and picking until you have picked 15 balls?

Assume you replace the ball each time.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

not sure about the first question, but for the second one:

100 boxes, 35 red, 45 blue, 20 empty; gives a numBalls percentage chance initially of each option. If you pick an empty box then replace it and pick again you still have a 35/45/20 chance of picking red, blue, or empty respectively. There are a few ways to go about that which I am not fully qualified to get into but I will hazard a guess.
If you pick either a red or blue ball and not an empty box all 15 tries then the chances would I guess be equivalent to that of option b. There is a complicated chain of events that flow from the empty box - repick loop. That is the part that I am not qualified to really comment on, but if noone comes up with an answer by the time that I get done working on it then I will post it up :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Isn't repicking when it's an empty box the same as if it didn't happen? D:
If it isn't, I may need to severely rewrite my code.

Or just sacrifice performance and call bookkeeping() like a hundred fifty times or more per loop...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Or just sacrifice performance and call bookkeeping() like a hundred fifty times or more per loop...
Whats your current code?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

So about six months ago, my computer started disconnecting from the internet entirely, and refusing to acknowledge its existence until it got restarted. Since then, it has been in and out of the shop at least four times, most recently being sent away to Acer to get it repaired under warranty.

It is still broken.

In related news, I may have injured my throat during an impromptu screaming match with the walls. It certainly hurts a lot.
くコ:彡

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Injure the wall in retribution for your injury during the match?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

So about six months ago, my computer started disconnecting from the internet entirely, and refusing to acknowledge its existence until it got restarted. Since then, it has been in and out of the shop at least four times, most recently being sent away to Acer to get it repaired under warranty.

It is still broken.

In related news, I may have injured my throat during an impromptu screaming match with the walls. It certainly hurts a lot.
Possible the router is trolling you too.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Whats your current code?

for #offoxes
for x15, subtract 1 each time until 0.
PickRandomBox
if(BoxIsNotEmpty)
  Then  delete_box
else
  TryAgain
Endfor
bookkeep()
Endfor

bookkeep()   -------> This moves over all te elements in te box array over to fill empty spaces.
The above might make no sense because it's an impromptu psuedocode.
TryAgain is basically adding 1 to the for loop of 15, whoch subtracts 1 once each loop.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is still broken.

Possible the router is trolling you too.
It's not the router. The problem happens when I'm at other people's houses. The problem happens when I'm not connected to the internet at all.

it can't be a software problm, because it's been system restored three times now
it can't be a motherboard virus, because that's what was replaced
and apparently it's not a hardware fault, since they should be able to identify those
and it's not related to the router, because it happens in other places, and even when i'm not actually CONNECTED to the internet

SO WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL IS IT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Check your NIC. That affects internet connections.
Also check your Wireless NIC if you have one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what an NIC is.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Network Interface Card.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

100 boxes, 35 red, 45 blue, 20 empty; gives a numBalls percentage chance initially of each option.
If pulling things out of crates makes your balls go numb, you should probably go see a doctor. Just saying. :P

In RAEG news, all of my finals were a week ago. Except for one class which I'm passing with flying colors because it's all common sense on picking careers and shit. And I still have to take this thing for an extra two weeks, even though I've more than demonstrated I know what I'm doing when it comes to choosing a career, getting a job, keeping a job, et cetera.

The kicker for the whole thing? This is supposed to be a college course. The professor left on maternity leave a week and a half ago, so we get a sub who... well, means well but probably doesn't quite know what she's doing. And here I was under the impression that for college courses, if the professor's leaving, they just leave and maybe drop off a final exam in the testing center for you.

Oh, and prerequisites bullshit while registering for classes for next semester. I took the prerequisites, I've even passed a class more advanced than the prerequisites, but apparently the university's computer system is being a pain and saying I haven't taken them. Oh joy.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Network Interface Card.
...and how do I check this?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Network Interface Card.
...and how do I check this?
Just like any other piece of hardware. Assuming Windows, go into the device manager and check for conflicts, update the drivers, etc.

Edit: Forgive me for being a derp, but are you wired or wireless? I may have a solution for you...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:36:00 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 3345