Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698744 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Eh, now that I think on it, I do remember pretty much everyone in junior high being a hateful, rage-filled asshole. High school not so much.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

But, the kid that started it and brought his friend over, WAS TWELVE.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I almost hesitate to ask, but how did a 12 year old and 14 year old manage to get to the point where they were able to hurt you at all? Incidentally, 12 is around 6th-7th grade, if I'm remembering correctly.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

When I was in first grade, I tore a kid's bead necklace off his neck and told him it was too girly for a boy to wear.

If anything, the younger they are, the more callous they can be. Understanding the full consequences of your actions requires experience.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Yeah. I mean, when I was 4, I set a bird on fire with a magnifying glass. That's kind of a horribly evil thing to have done, now that I think back on it. "What's this going to do to somebody else?" isn't a thought that occurs as often as it should, the younger you are, at least in my experience. More than anything else, in this case, it's an idea about how the world ought to be that the kid has, and the thought never even occurred that anyone could disagree. So what he's thinking is, "This guy's wrong to have long hair, and he knows it! How fucked up is that?"

That's no excuse, obviously, just an attempt to provide insight into the psychology I suspect is at play here (but I could easily be wrong). Kid sounds like a douche.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I almost hesitate to ask, but how did a 12 year old and 14 year old manage to get to the point where they were able to hurt you at all? Incidentally, 12 is around 6th-7th grade, if I'm remembering correctly.
The twelve year old was the one with the knife. I didn't find his actions frightening so much as a little disturbing. His buddy, on the other hand was the stereotypical redneck, except a lot taller than me. I'm 5'1", he was probably 5'7" or so. I'm only 14, and not in the best of shape, he could have hurt me pretty bad if he wanted to.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Sort of related: I swear if I hear one more stupid kid say "YOLO" as an excuse to do something stupid I will.. uh.. man, I can't think of anything to do. I was going to say kill them, but..  I guess not.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, it was a chance encounter at a robotics thing today. I'll probably never see them again, still, RAEG.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Sort of related: I swear if I hear one more stupid kid say "YOLO" as an excuse to do something stupid I will.. uh.. man, I can't think of anything to do. I was going to say kill them, but..  I guess not.
Punch them in the self-esteem.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

My response to 'YOLO', if I were ever to actually hear it, would be 'Exactly.'
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:33:40 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sort of related: I swear if I hear one more stupid kid say "YOLO" as an excuse to do something stupid
Say: "Exactly, SO DON'T WASTE IT.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

My response to 'YOLO', if I were ever to actually hear it, would be 'Exactly.'
Or possibly, "Make my day. You'll remember it for the rest of your life."  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The twelve year old was the one with the knife. I didn't find his actions frightening so much as a little disturbing. His buddy, on the other hand was the stereotypical redneck, except a lot taller than me. I'm 5'1", he was probably 5'7" or so. I'm only 14, and not in the best of shape, he could have hurt me pretty bad if he wanted to.
Looks like you need some training, bucko. Come see me, and learn that being 5'1" cannot stop you from kicking copious amounts of ass. ^_^

Also: YOLO? Eh, wot is that nonsense?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

"You only live once", which is then used as an excuse to go do drugs, have sex, etc. Fuck I hate it so much.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Ah. That's really idiotic.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 3345