Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699149 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Do you have a link?  I'm struggling to work out what the tax is actually on.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Do you have a link?  I'm struggling to work out what the tax is actually on.
Well if you can read Finnish or Swedish:
http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2012/05/10/extra-avgift-pa-datorer
http://www.hyvitysmaksu.fi/teosto/hymysivut.nsf/0/14D11BF2F4C414FFC22579FA00337AD4?opendocument

I'm trying to find English links, though.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Da fuq? I hadn't heard of that, thanks for sharing. Btw, I voted pirate party last time. :)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The pirate party is starting to sound like the only sensible choice, if I was over there.
But since I'm not, have the mayor of Eixen instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pirate Party is a bit too marginal in my view, on the other hand I see many parallels with the Green Party of yesteryear so I won't condemn. We'll see who I end up voting when the next election comes. This could be a case for some pre-emptive rage. It's really frustrating to be doing so much research every time a major election comes around (because god forbid I should vote without thinking). But that's the price you pay for having more than two viable parties to choose from. At least if I'm to believe the news US only has the democratic party and the Republican party plus independents.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Elaborate on the economic fuckupery please. We aren't doing so great with the current peoples as it is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

And right across the pond...
Freely translated excerpts:
Quote from: Ewa Thalén Finné, The Moderate Party
"The advantage of this legislation is that we strengthen the requirements of due process and the protection of integrity."
"As of July 1st, the police will be able to demand internet subscription details even for crimes that will only result in a fine."
"The legislative act from the Riksdag also results in the expansion of secret surveillance of electronic communication. It still will require a court order, but the prosecutor will still have a right to deal out temporary orders in certain cases."
"It will also be possible for police and crime fighting agencies to conduct secret surveillance without there being a reasonably suspect person."

BIGGEST LIE EVER. Mrs. Finné, seriously, WTF!? How can giving out personal details, secret surveillance without any reasonable suspicion and the possibility to do so temporarily without a court order, in any way, shape or form, be in the name of "Due process" and "protection of integrity"? Wha- I don't even...

RAEG.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:37:13 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

"I KEEP HITTING F8 AND ITS NOT WORKING!!"
*background i can hear two keys being tapped hard very fast*

*headdesk*

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

*headdesk*
That. Is. Wonderful.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

Government is considering to add a private copying levy on computers, tablets, printers and mobile phones in addition to the existing levy on mp3-players, various DVDs, external HDDs etc. and 9% VAT.
The monopolistic copyright mafia is continuing to extort consumers while they continuously fail to grasp that their anachronistic business models are failing and are perpetually condemning any proposal that doesn't give them more power over consumers as an apocalyptic eldritch spawn of Satan.
How these confounded racketeers manage to sleep at night, let alone live with themselves in the ninth circle of Hell, is quite mystifying.

Said about-to-be-levied products are going to get a lot more expensive, because the mafia said so. And whatever the mafia say is the Voice of God to their corrupted minions in the government.

RAEG.

I'm voting Pirate Party next election.

*headdesk*

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

*headdesk*
That. Is. Wonderful.

Currently imagining Tellemurius as making his avatar's face at the phone.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I'm more upset about how the Moderates privatised the apothecary business and now the private companies announced that they're closing a lot of stores. Oh, and one spokesperson had the gall to say "they're considering going to the politicians about it" meaning of course they want more money.

edited for removal of anti-capitalist flames.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:58:44 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Pirate Party is a bit too marginal in my view, on the other hand I see many parallels with the Green Party of yesteryear so I won't condemn.
I dunno, 7.13% of the vote in the European elections is nothing to be sneezed at.  Enough to win them 2 MEPs in any case.  It has some pretty impressive membership figures too, especially among the young - it could easily eventually rise to have serious power.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Pirate Party is a bit too marginal in my view, on the other hand I see many parallels with the Green Party of yesteryear so I won't condemn. We'll see who I end up voting when the next election comes. This could be a case for some pre-emptive rage. It's really frustrating to be doing so much research every time a major election comes around (because god forbid I should vote without thinking). But that's the price you pay for having more than two viable parties to choose from. At least if I'm to believe the news US only has the democratic party and the Republican party plus independents.
And almost nobody votes for independents because it's like throwing your vote away because independents are very unlikely to win because almost nobody votes for them.

I'm more upset about how the Moderates privatised the apothecary business and now the private companies announced that they're closing a lot of stores. Oh, and one spokesperson had the gall to say "they're considering going to the politicians about it" meaning of course they want more money.

Apothecary?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

And almost nobody votes for independents because it's like throwing your vote away because independents are very unlikely to win because almost nobody votes for them.

Neither the Finnish or Swedish government system works like the Us' one. I don't know exactly about Finland, but for example there are currently eight parties in the Riksdag(/"Reichsdag")

Apothecary?

Apothecary is still the word used for drug stores/druggists in Swedish so I assumed it was usable in English too. Also the name of the former government monopoly company.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 3345