Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699185 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

A slow enough PC might not reach the first season break in 6 hours :P
That...would be a terrible computer. My phone is probably powerful enough to get there!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Work. They fired the warehouse manager, and the only reason the boss is giving is because he "has stuff going on in his life and needs to take care of his family". Now, I don't trust my boss enough to believe that, or rather I trust him enough to think that's untrue. Unfortunately, no one else seems to know what happened, and I wasn't there on Friday.
They also hired a new guy. He and his dad have volunteered at our outreaches before, and by "volunteer", I mean they basically try to take over. All day he was pushing people around, and at the end of the day, he tried to claim he did all the work by himself. His dad showed up to pick him up, and he promplty began suggesting we do things THIS way because he obviously knows better than people who have been working in the warehouse much longer than his son's first day. And when I complained about it, I was told that they thought there might be a problem with hiring him. If you knew there was going to be a problem, why did you hire him?!

And that fat guy managed to knock over a crate of soda, breaking open several cans. Not only did he take his time picking them up, but halfway through he leaves and makes himself something to eat. Didn't even do a good job of cleaning up, either. And then when he was doing the thing he was supposed to be doing when he knocked the sodas over he suddenly shouts "smoke break!" and walks out. Funnily enough, that stack of soda felt pretty stable even before I personally took it down and rearranged it so it'd be even more stable.

And lesser rage: Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, trying to play GC mode as the Empire. Half the Rebel heroes are either A) already dead at this point in the saga(Ben and Reyus. Yoda might count since he dies during the timeline), B) never really a significant part of the Rebellion(Ben and Yoda), or C) goddamned Jedi(Ben, Luke, Yoda). Their ground units are more powerful or faster than their Imperial counterparts, and most of the time the natives hate the Empire. The Consortium has an entire army of overpowered units, and can corrupt worlds, the cleaning up of which is more expensive than it costs to corrupt them. You can't even stop the corruption, either. And the Empire? A central position that's constantly sniped by Consortium Defilers or Rebel raid forces consisting of artillery and tanks than can kill off any of your defenses outside of line-of-sight. The Death Star II which can be instakilled by the Consortium if you leave it anywhere for more than a second. Useless heroes, including one his is not only already dead(Tarkin), but actually hurts you if you use him(he prevents retreating).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

You know there is an autosave function right >.>?
I had just extracted new version and didnt remember to turn it on. :(
I got just 2.75 years of progress, the comp I used was quite slow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:04:12 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And lesser rage: Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, trying to play GC mode as the Empire. Half the Rebel heroes are either A) already dead at this point in the saga(Ben and Reyus. Yoda might count since he dies during the timeline), B) never really a significant part of the Rebellion(Ben and Yoda), or C) goddamned Jedi(Ben, Luke, Yoda). Their ground units are more powerful or faster than their Imperial counterparts, and most of the time the natives hate the Empire. The Consortium has an entire army of overpowered units, and can corrupt worlds, the cleaning up of which is more expensive than it costs to corrupt them. You can't even stop the corruption, either. And the Empire? A central position that's constantly sniped by Consortium Defilers or Rebel raid forces consisting of artillery and tanks than can kill off any of your defenses outside of line-of-sight. The Death Star II which can be instakilled by the Consortium if you leave it anywhere for more than a second. Useless heroes, including one his is not only already dead(Tarkin), but actually hurts you if you use him(he prevents retreating).
Yeah, Forces of Corruption completely borks the game. Not that it was very balanced to begin with. That game needed some serious work to balance it all out, which is a shame because it had so much potential.

I'd like to see a strategy game of asymmetrical warfare like that remade, only maybe without the star wars thing holding it back, just generic scifi might work better.

I've got a few ideas about how it could have been done better.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, Forces of Corruption completely borks the game. Not that it was very balanced to begin with. That game needed some serious work to balance it all out, which is a shame because it had so much potential.

I'd like to see a strategy game of asymmetrical warfare like that remade, only maybe without the star wars thing holding it back, just generic scifi might work better.

I've got a few ideas about how it could have been done better.
Homeworld 2 did a pretty decent job of it. I think I liked the first better, but there were fewer differences between the factions there (mostly in terms of faction-specific ships; the Kushans got this massively annoying stealth fighter that was perfect for harvester harrassment). Still to this day the best 3D space RTS I've ever played (3D in that you could move your ships on the z-axis and the maps were both spherical and designed to be played with that in mind), though. Not least because you could order most (any? Been a while) ships to ram an enemy in a suicide attack. The single player campaign in the first one was much better, as well. (Anyone else remember the Garden?  :P)

Still, it was a pure space RTS, with no ground element, so that might not match what you're looking for.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

HW is one of my fave games ever, and suprisingly easy to mod. I made myself a neat package which massivley amplified all the ships positive and negative aspects and made the game very challenging -
This is a blank sig.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Spent 3 agonizing hours working my ass off to help out a former client of mine with his Auto policy. A migraine, missed lunch and 3 long, slow, irritating hours of number-crunching later, I saved him a whopping 10,000 USD on his Commercial Auto policy. He was so happy, he even gave me a $50.00 tip! Considering how my phone was just shut off, I've been evicted, and I'm broke as utter shit, this made me happy.

...After I had submitted his policy, written out his ID cards, and done all that work, he realizes he forgot to mention the cars aren't registered under his name, but his company's name.

SO, now I have to spend perhaps two hours tomorrow, re-doing EVERYTHING from scratch.

Sigh... This is what I get for being the only honest insurance broker in my damn town.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Didn't get to vote, because even though the blanket measure has yet to be decided, "all first-time voters must present a government issue photo ID".

Fuck you too, North Carolina.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Didn't get to vote, because even though the blanket measure has yet to be decided, "all first-time voters must present a government issue photo ID".

you can't why?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

you can't why?
I have nothing which constitutes a government issue photo ID. The closest I have is an expired learner's permit, and I certainly didn't have that with me regardless.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can't why?
I have nothing which constitutes a government issue photo ID. The closest I have is an expired learner's permit, and I certainly didn't have that with me regardless.
Why does this sound suspiciously like an attempt to keep a certain portion of the population from voting?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

I am a fucking idiot and will not be receiving my first paycheck from my new job because the temp agency I am hired through requires me to manually put in my hours every week. Didn't even cross my mind until today, two days after they needed typed in. FUCKING FANTASTIC.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I am a fucking idiot and will not be receiving my first paycheck from my new job because the temp agency I am hired through requires me to manually put in my hours every week. Didn't even cross my mind until today, two days after they needed typed in. FUCKING FANTASTIC.

This is truly rage worthy. It fucking sucks not being paid for work.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

You have to get paid regardless. The world that can happen is the next week's pay is lumped in. You cannot be denied your pay... Unless of course you're working under the table, then you have no rights.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

you can't why?
Why does this sound suspiciously like an attempt to keep a certain portion of the population from voting?
Because it probably is?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 3345