Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698697 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I mean the main characters. It's like they're all holding the idiot ball at once.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I hated the game. I made myself keep playing it because I kept thinking having all the classes unlocked for all the races would some how make up for how tortured the whole experience was. It didn't, and I never finished the story. Because the characters were dumb as bricks and the story just kinda meandered around. The judge wasn't just annoying, I think it was kind of a symbol for the whole game, how over-managed it was. Like there was someone sitting over the development team blowing a whistle in their ear every time they tried to do something good.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

The gameplay was rather competent, minus the judges thing. But yeah it's mostly a step down from its predecessor. I personally hated the introduction of limiting classes to specific races and learning things via items.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I mean the main characters. It's like they're all holding the idiot ball at once.
Yeah. I meant get them killed repeatly to help work out some of the anger. And incidentally, I felt the same way and never bothered finishing it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

How about the first time you lose a main character permanently in a lawless region because you went 'Oh lol no judge I do what the fuck I want now' and you didn't know that characters died permanently in a lawless region. R.I.P. Montblanc.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

R.I.P. Montblanc.
An acceptable loss.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

R.I.P. Montblanc.
An acceptable loss.
Pretty much because immediately I got a random Black Mage and I leveled him very quickly. I always thought it was weird to have a moggle mage anyways.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

*Wakes up after a wonderful nightly slumber*
*Eats breakfast*
*Reads internet fora*
*Stumbles upon this*
*RAEG*
*Depression induced by incompetent, reckless and inconsiderate American government and its agencies*
*Day ruined*
‼RRRAAAAAEEEEEEEEEGGGG‼
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

*sigh*
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile

I just found something out by my self and it just made me rage really hard, over 100 year, Australian action on racism has not really changed, the thing is that now it we are doing too much, as before we treated people for the different race  like shit, I don't get it why we can not just treat anyone for a different race and religion the same as we treat for our know.

p.s(I relished this after a new report said that a police officer should for not shot people diving at them because they are aboriginal, bloody hell...)
p.s.s(If someone planning to say "That not racism" Racism is when you treat someone for the different race or religion different, good or bad) 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:47:25 am by Evilsx »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I just found something out by my self and it just made me rage really hard, over 100 year, Australian action on racism has not really changed, the thing is that now it we are doing too much, as before we treated people for the different race  like shit, I don't get it why we can not just treat anyone for a different race and religion the same as we treat for our know.

p.s(I relished this after a new report said that a police officer should for not shot people diving at them because they are aboriginal, bloody hell...)
p.s.s(If someone planning to say "That not racism" Racism is when you treat someone for the different race or religion different, good or bad) 

Yeah, our treatment of the Aborigines is strange; on some fronts, they get massive benefits, on others, they're absolutely fucked, and the two societies are like oil and water. It's one of those problems which just ain't easy to fix.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Laptop charger, which is barely out of warranty, just shorted out. Monday is a bank holiday, so the soonest I'd be able to get a replacement is after I go back to college. Best long weekend evar :/
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

The crappy tweezers I just bought are too crappy to actually pluck hair. That is literally the only use I have for tweezers, making these completely useless. I'm throwing them away. No more $3 tweezers for me, I'm going to splurge on the $6 ones.

I don't know why you make tweezers if they're just going to fail at their intended use this completely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went for a job interview at the library yesterday, which I think went pretty well. I still have to go through the next round of interviews and such, which probably involves quoting Confucian Analects in their original Chinese whilst doing daring acrobatics while driving a moped, but I think I won't have a problem with that.

The problem is, it's only supposed to be 8-10 hours a week, which they didn't mention on the original posting. I'm not sure if taking the job would interfere with my benefits(the pay would be less than what I'm getting, though certainly more than what my parents take from it), and now my mom and stepdad are telling me not to take it, regardless of whatever effect it has on my benefits. Considering this, and the fact that I've lost a few job oppurtunities directly and indirectly because of my mother, I'm don't think I can trust their motives on telling my to turn it down.

If it doesn't affect my benefits, I'd still take it, simply because it could pay for both transportation to my current slave labor as well as my own internet connection(my parents have constantly said they'd get one for months, but never have).

Also, from yesterday morning, I tried to 100 sit-ups in bed, but only got as far as 50(and about 35 push-ups) before my chest hurt so much that I couldn't do it, and all day I felt so sick that I felt like I was about to throw up, and I've been sore all day today. Granted, attempting 100 sit-ups within about 10 minutes of waking up wasn't the smartest idea, but I'm still pissed about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First thing you should know is that I'm one of those guys who gawks in disbelief when his fellow students say "I can't work that much because I'd lose my benefits!".

If the library job doesn't impede with your studies/other jobs, you probably want to take it. I don't know how harmoniously you live with your parents, but even halfway achieved financial independence is something to aspire for in almost any situation. Another thing that must be remembered is that this isn't just about the library job. It is my and my friends' experience that employers value past job experience. When you're just another application paper in the pile, the fact that you worked, at one or more places at the same time, will put you above someone who hasn't worked (as much). Likewise if you can get a recommendation or two from your past boss(es), you're that much more likely to get it than someone who has no-one to vouch for them. So you're not just getting a library job, you're getting another entry into your resume for future applications.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 3345