Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698190 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TRAPPED! Edition
« Reply #10710 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:35 pm »

Dear Blip.tv:

If you keep showing me that damn ad without loading the video, I swear...

Yes, I totally want to watch a 30 second ad that only applies to the UK (when I'm in Canada...) 5 times before I get to see the damn show I'm trying to load. ._____.;
Use AdBlock Plus.
+1
+8
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:13 pm »

I find the phrase ' a trouble shared is a trouble halved' to hold true.

Friend acting like such an idiot I don't know if I consider him my friend anymore.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: April 28, 2012, 06:29:07 pm »

I want to work out on my punching bag, but I gots blisters on me feet from my work shoes. The blisters, of course, appeared in between my dojo callouses. Ugh. >.<

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: April 28, 2012, 06:38:16 pm »

I'm perfectly willing to watch the ad. It's not the ad itself. It's the fact that they are not holding up their end of the assumed bargain -- the one that states that they will draw their revenue from me watching the ad, and that in return, I will get to watch a video. The ads are loading perfectly fine, and the video is not. Therefore, I am giving them revenue -- that I am perfectly willing to give them -- for doing jack shit.

And before someone says stick it to them by using adblock plus for doing this to me, no! I refuse. All I want is for them to hold up their end of the arrangement, I don't want revenge.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: April 28, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »

You could always install it. Disable it for the site, watch the ad and then enable it and refresh.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: April 28, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »

ubuntu 12.04 destroyed the server i have running..... great.... more hours putting into fix this release. So much for ubuntu 12.04 being the latest greats LTS release.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: April 28, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »

I just spent about 45 minutes debugging a program that was functioning perfectly because I can't do basic addition and thought an output that was correct was wrong.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: April 28, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »

Continuing the tale of my boss' egotistic assclownery, yesterday he was going on about he's such a great Christian that he's willing to take a bullet for someone. Only on Wednseday, there was almost a fight when someone cutting the line was about to attack one of the volunteers for not giving him enough cabbage or something. And what does the boss do? To me it looks like he was backing away from that situation pretty damn fast, leaving another volunteer to calm the line-cutter down. Good job to that guy too, by the way, for defusing the situation quickly and peacefully.

I find that anyone who says they're a good Christian usually isn't. Aren't.

Whatever.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: April 28, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »

So that's why people like me are such smug bastards.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #10719 on: April 29, 2012, 06:44:16 am »

Working on a program for my coursework that's completely ignoring a line of code.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:25 pm »

I met a pretty decent person in Journey. He was relatively inexperienced, but he learned quickly and I was able to guide him around relatively easily. I found many things I hadn't found before, because he was patient and allowed me to look; thus, he benefited as well because I showed him the things I found.

So of course, after we
Spoiler: plot stuff (click to show/hide)
he leaves. And then I get a complete moron. This guy can't walk in a straight line, so we can't stick together, so we start freezing way early. Then he falls off a bridge, gets hit by the enemy when I'm showing him how to avoid it, and then leaves. This whole time I was trying to work with this complete idiot I was furious at both players; the first for leaving and this one for not letting me save his ass. Then it just kind of settled into depression because I have no more faith in humanity.

E: at least I got a couples trophies out of the ordeal :I

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: April 29, 2012, 03:45:22 pm »

So the people I'm going to live with next year urgently tried to get me to contact my mom about cosigning the lease almost a week ago, and I've been bothering them since then because they were supposed to send her something to sign in an email and they just decided to forget about her repeatedly. And now they finally sent it, and the lease isn't attached to the email. They whine at me constantly for not trying to help, but then I only get informed about things at the last minute and then everyone else is lazy and irresponsible about getting things out that I need.

Definitely not living with them after this.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: April 29, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »

Fucking dial-up cutting out at the most annoying possible times (I.E about every 2-3 minutes). Gahhhh!

*Starts frothing at the mouth from the rage*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »

Stupid AC, stupid Furnace, too fucking heavy, arms are dead.
(ignoring the present benefits till next week)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

Oh god, heavy things that shouldn't be heavy. I had a TV, not even a big screen, that was around 200 lbs. It took three men to carry. Also, while installing the oven in my house we needed 4 people. My father, a construction worker for two decades and my brother, a body builder, along with me (below average strength) and a random jogger who heard sounds of distress and came in the open door to see if there was domestic violence in progress. I had the lucky job of sticking my arm under it to work the wires while I prayed that my other arm along with those of the other three were enough to prevent a crushing wound that would result in the amputation of my arm.

Though it IS a wonderful oven.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 3345