Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697767 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TRAPPED! Edition
« Reply #10680 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:30 pm »

Corporte control? ...Not really. It's as much the government as much or more than it is businesses, despite some finger-pointing, and businesses aren't even united for greed and evil anyway. A laaarge amount of them aren't going to like this bill.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10681 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

There is a point at which America is going to snap. With everything that's happened recently, that point is coming soon.

Can't fucking wait! :D *starts sorting weapons by lethality with a useful distance weighting system* I think I will be prepared a little, even if it is just to the point of keeping people away from my property so my horde of stuff will stay safe-ish.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: April 27, 2012, 12:09:30 am »

I hit a point today where I was actually unable to act in anyway other than screaming, ranting rage. My throat hurts now.

On the plus side, I discovered what one of my SERIOUS RAGE buttons is. Y'know, one of those things that bypasses any rationality you have and changes you instantly into a screaming, spitting, violent ragemachine. I split several knuckles punching walls, bruised my feet kicking a trashcan, dented a sink, broke a drawer, screamed myself hoarse, and if my thoughts even wander toward the persona non grata who triggered this, my surface temperature goes up about ten degrees and I start shaking in rage.

I think this is actually the angriest I've ever been.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:42 am »

Tell us how to activate your hulk mode!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:29 am »

Tell us how to activate your hulk mode!

I suspect it only happened this time because of the specific sequence of events that led up to it. Basically, what set me off was a customer implying that I am untrustworthy. I dunno if it was that specifically, or if it was that and his attitude, or if it was just that he turned around and did it to me twice, and then kinda proved that he was, in fact, the untrustworthy one.

I suppose I should fill in the whole story.

So a customer came into the gas station, I guess having problems getting his credit card to work at the pump. He said to just turn the pump on for him after giving me his credit card, so I assumed he was giving me the card as collateral- which is something that happens a hundred times a day. So I told him that I'd hold onto it until he was done pumping, and he glares at me and goes "hold onto my credit card?" all suspicious like. I said yeah, as collateral, and he turned and stormed out of the kiosk in a huff. I attempted to call him back so we could straighten things out, but he ignored me. I went in the back, punched a wall and kicked the trashcan.

A couple minutes later, he came back in. He wasn't done pumping yet, so I asked him about it, and he muttered something. I stood there awkwardly, wondering what exactly he wanted. Then he told me: He wanted his credit card back. His exact words were what set me off: "Well, you took my money."

I work in a small kiosk, almost entirely unsupervised except for the cameras, which have footage checked about once a month. The company I work for trusts me enough to put me in charge of this fuel station for eight hours unsupervised, but this asshole can't trust me enough to leave his credit card with me for ten minutes.

I will admit, I lost my temper before I was alone. As he was walking out, I threw the keys to the fuel station across the room, then went in the back and kicked a broken shelf, which fell on me.

The icing on the cake was that it turns out I was completely justified in getting collateral (y'know, besides it being fucking company policy) because the asshole drove off without paying.

Part of me hopes he complains about me, so I can express to him exactly how much this whole deal really pissed me off.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: April 27, 2012, 12:36:53 am »

Sounds like you may have greatly exacerbated (if not caused) the whole problem.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:05 am »

Sounds like you may have greatly exacerbated (if not caused) the whole problem.

For doing a standard business operation? >_>

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: April 27, 2012, 12:54:39 am »

Yeah, it sounds like a series of misunderstandings primarily based on the customer's automatic mistrust and apparent misunderstanding of how credit cards work (if I had to guess, he probably thought you ran the card while he was pumping gas). I mean, it sounds like the reaction was over the top, but people have weird triggers and this IS the rage thread. It's not like "Hey you should've thought this through before getting angry" is a sane comment to make. Self-control is great, but if it doesn't come through, I see no less reason to say, "Hey, dude, that day sounds like it sucked. Sorry".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: April 27, 2012, 02:20:20 am »

>> Go to Something Awful forums to see what all the fuss is about.
>> It's pay to register, but I can view the forum anyway. That's cool I guess.
>> Go to Let's Plays because I'm bored. Enter recommendations thread.
>> Ads have funny pictures next to them. Neato.
>> Clicks ad to generate revenue for site. Laughs at fake website and checks antivirus.
>> KOTOR? This one sounds good. *click*
>> "To view old threads you need the archive upgrade."
>> ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:23:26 am by NobodyPro »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: April 27, 2012, 09:28:32 am »

So we've got this customer.

The boss is an accusatory asshole. Makes EVERYTHING our fault. I was working on their system last night, to do something for one of his clueless employees, and what does this guy do? Walks up to the server computer and kills it in the middle of our database update. Then he goes home for the night, so we're unable to reconnect to finish the job. This is after he demanded that we never do anything with his system until after business hours, because on one day, he was down for about an hour and a half while we got shit sorted.

So I call him this morning to finish up what I was doing. And he starts going off on me. The litany of stupid shit flowing from this idiot's mouth is unbelievable.

Him: "We've been customers for years and we haven't ever been trained once!"

Me: "Did you ever request training from us?"

Him: "No. All my people I used to have here were real good. They knew more than your people did, they were doing stuff for you guys all the time! Now I got all these people here and they don't know anything!"

Me: "Uh ok well you can request training from us--"

Him: "At $1000 or whatever? I don't know think so. And your system, you guys keep too much control! I want a closed system where I don't have to deal with the internet or you guys at all!"

Me: "Anything we do for you has to have the inter--"

Him: "And your system is always losing my tickets! We're down $20,000 from last year and we can't figure out why!"

Me: "This is the first I've heard of this. Have you contacted us about--."

Him: "I'm tired of this! We've been with you guys from the start (a complete and total lie) and it's nothing but problems! You guys are always calling us to fix stuff and screwing up our workday and I'm tired of it!"

Ok, first off, fuck you, you cousin-fucking hillbilly. You never call us about shit. You never mention your problems except when WE call YOU to do maintenance that your DUMB FUCKING ASS requires us to do because you turn your server off every night LIKE A FUCKING MORON. You've been lying to us for YEARS about how many workstations you've paid for, to the point we don't even argue it with you anymore. You're currently paying FAR LESS than you should be for how many installs we've given you. And secondly, your people know more than our people about our software? Really? Then why can't "your people" fix these fucking problems, eh? Maybe because you're full of shit, don't know what you're talking about and are a lying, skeezy-ass retailer who doesn't know shit from shinola when it comes to the services you pay us for. I get that it's frustrating, I really do. I have to deal with the frustrations of 40 other businesses when things go wrong. And your problems? In-fucking-significant compared to the REAL problems. And I would be more than happy to help you, if a) you'd actually tell us when problems are happening and b) you didn't treat us like complete bitches when we try to help you.

So in summation, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:38:54 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: April 27, 2012, 09:40:51 am »

Tell you what, if he goes through that shitlist again and especially declares his "costful transactions with you", fuck him and challenge his ass to court.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: April 27, 2012, 09:45:28 am »

I think we're going to go with option C: make his ass a priority 6 and continue to take his money until he fucks off. That seems like a pretty fair trade from where I'm sitting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:30 am »

I think we're going to go with option C: make his ass a priority 6 and continue to take his money until he fucks off. That seems like a pretty fair trade from where I'm sitting.
This come in times where we notify that thing we make B2B sales sign called a contract.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: April 28, 2012, 06:02:58 am »

I sneezed really hard the other day, and I must have cracked a rib or pulled a muscle or something because my left side now hurts like hell. Why the hell is my body so damn fragile?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10694 on: April 28, 2012, 08:45:25 am »

I sneezed really hard the other day, and I must have cracked a rib or pulled a muscle or something because my left side now hurts like hell. Why the hell is my body so damn fragile?

Solution: Get in more dangerous situations. Makes you tougher, unless you die.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 3345