Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697859 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Honestly......Edition
« Reply #10545 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

http://www.accuweather.com/en/in/krishnanagar/191574/weather-forecast/191574

High 40? god DAMN

(That's 104 fahrenheit for those who can't comprehend celcius well >_>)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: April 22, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

That's, what, 100+ degrees Fahrenheit?
I respect you for being able to survive that.
okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still that's really hot and I couldn't do that myself
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: April 22, 2012, 10:47:24 pm »

Well, I'm generally all "5 degrees? Fuck man, how do you survive that cold?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »

"Ahh, chilly night wearing nothing but a hoodie up top = super comf-DAMMIT STOP TOUCHING ME, ZIPPER!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: April 22, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »

When you spend a lot of time in a warm/cold environment, your body adapts to become more/less heat retentive. Your lineage also plays a role... although sometimes the genetic traits populations have can be a little odd.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: April 22, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

"Ahh, chilly night wearing nothing but a hoodie up top = super comf-DAMMIT STOP TOUCHING ME, ZIPPER!"
Better than wearing jeans or other pants with zippers in the front alone. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: April 22, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »

Oh, Iowa. Land of 40 degree summers (though, to be sure, that's only at the hottest part of the day and doesn't happen every year) and -30 degree winters (usually the coldest part of the night and also doesn't happen every year). Still, a pretty impressive swing. I'd be happy if it just stopped getting hotter around 20 degrees.

Converted to Celsius for your convenience, dear reader.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10552 on: April 22, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »

damn those "dear readers"... they should be like america and switch to the Fahrenheit system >.> lol
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: April 22, 2012, 11:39:46 pm »

damn those "dear readers"... they should be like america and switch to the Fahrenheit system >.> lol

you've pressed a button in me

but I'm going to keep that bottled up

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: April 22, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »

you've pressed a button in me

but I'm going to keep that bottled up
Sounded like sarcasm, to me. I would not rage too much!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: April 22, 2012, 11:55:50 pm »

When you spend a lot of time in a warm/cold environment, your body adapts to become more/less heat retentive. Your lineage also plays a role... although sometimes the genetic traits populations have can be a little odd.
... over twenty years in this flipping hellswamp of a state and I still can't stand it. Give me sub 60Fs any day over 110F in the shade (w/ breeze) and near 100% humidity. Or anything above around 70F, really.

Florida'd be really nice if it weren't for the temperature and the people. And the bugs and the snakes. The alligators and hurricanes and swamp bits are fine. I'd just like to exchange the swamp bit for bog, from what I understand. A cold, bugless, snakeless swamp sounds just delightful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10556 on: April 23, 2012, 12:27:27 am »

I was being sarcastic. Don't fully understand why the US is not on the metric system when just about the entire world is. Maybe "we" are just being weird and different for the sake of it.

Oh something that makes me rage... The USA is pretty much the only country that says on a nearly constant basis that we are the greatest country in the world. Despite the fact that we are also one of the youngest...

If I worked in a place and someone constantly came in yelling "I'm the greatest person here and you all would die without me!" he'd probably be dead in a week, or fired... or both... >.> *om nom nom nom nom*
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: April 23, 2012, 12:29:10 am »

Sounded like sarcasm, to me. I would not rage too much!

I was being sarcastic. Don't fully understand why the US is not on the metric system when just about the entire world is. Maybe "we" are just being weird and different for the sake of it.

I know, that's why I was keeping it bottled up and that's why it's a button :P It's irrational.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: April 23, 2012, 01:27:17 am »

So I'm drawing something in Photoshop for the first time in two years and I realised why I use Illustrator for all my drawing needs.

SO MANY JAGGIES! FOR ME! ON THE MOON!

EDIT: Amongst other things. Grrr...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:30:09 am by NobodyPro »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10559 on: April 23, 2012, 04:09:48 am »

Same here. I also learned a lot of mythology from Age of.. Mythology. Go figure.

I thought it was just me ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 3345