Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697717 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Honestly......Edition
« Reply #10530 on: April 22, 2012, 10:20:18 am »

I feel like I need to make an addendum to this as I do not smoke manufactured cigarettes from any company and haven't for a few years. I smoke tobacco grown as organically as I can on my own property. It doesn't have all of the random extra carcinogens that manufactured cigarettes have nowadays. I grow about a half acre a season and have probably a few years worth of tobacco curing in my shed right now so I won't need to buy anything except papers to smoke it from for a while. My view is probably jaded by my own tobacco which I mix with other natural plants to get different flavors...

This probably makes you much better-off, healthwise, than the vast, vast majority of smokers.
Almost certainly true. I mean, smoking anything carries an increased cancer risk, but the preservatives and flavoring chemicals you get in most commercial cigarettes make things so much worse. I would only be mildly surprised if it accounted for an entire order of magnitude in the risk increase for smokers. Certainly, it's a large part of it. So consider me (partially) corrected.

EDIT: Oh, and I found the problem. I forgot an = in a <= operator.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:22:09 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: April 22, 2012, 10:32:36 am »

HNRGH. I cannot wait for the semester to be over. I want to run a D&D 4e game so badly you have no idea!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:29 am »

Will save against boredom, quick!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10533 on: April 22, 2012, 11:43:52 am »

Tried to get Close Combat 1 to work but no luck, cursed 64bit windows!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: April 22, 2012, 12:58:54 pm »

Scanning things on Mac.

End result was the thing being plastered with watermarks.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: April 22, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »

I was playing Devil Survivor 2 and I beat Beelzebub. This leveled everyone I used up to like goddamn 75 at a point where I was supposed to be around level 50. That's great, right?

Then I got a new party member and he's level 50 still. Now I have to get him on par with everyone else.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: April 22, 2012, 02:22:19 pm »

And the fact that you were 25 levels above the recommended doesn't worry you?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:12 pm »

My friend being surprised to hear that Russia was with the Allies in WW2, and thus the "good guys".

He said he played too much (the newer) Call of Duties, with Russians always being the bad guys, and he thought that Russia was the bad guy in WW2 too. Never mind the fact that you play as the Russians in the WW2 CoD games.

I was guilty of similar things.  Because of games like Command and Conquer: Red Alert I was under the impression that the Russians were "bad guys" the whole time.  I also didn't even know that Italy was even involved in World War II until high school.

I suppose it goes to show that computer games aren't the best history teachers.  Too bad they're a lot more fun that text books.  Or even the History Channel.

I did amend my ways, but even I find my lack of knowledge of history to be disturbing at times.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »

I learned more history from AoE than from any primary or secondary school class.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: April 22, 2012, 07:50:51 pm »

Same here. I also learned a lot of mythology from Age of.. Mythology. Go figure.

Rage: WHY IS IT SO HOT HERE ALL OF A SUDDEN ARRRHRHARJGHRAAHGAJRHAHRHAGA
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »

You require more minerals fans.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: April 22, 2012, 08:21:36 pm »

Too much work, not enough time. When I finally feel like I've rediscovered my drive to work, I'm still going to have trouble doing everything I need to do.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: April 22, 2012, 10:33:17 pm »

Same here. I also learned a lot of mythology from Age of.. Mythology. Go figure.

Rage: WHY IS IT SO HOT HERE ALL OF A SUDDEN ARRRHRHARJGHRAAHGAJRHAHRHAGA
Is it 40 degrees?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »

Okay, maybe not that hot. Where I live is too mild. It's ruined me for all the other regions of the world with extreme temperatures, or snow. Still, 32 degrees (Celsius) is hotter than usual around here.
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 3345