Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698162 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

In reference to 0.3 mechanical pencils: Not quite, but I use 0.38 ballpoint pens, because anything larger than that feels like I'm writing with a sausage dipped in ink.

Thin pens are often found :P I personally have an ultra-thin felt pen used for outlining drawings.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

I cannot use a pencil unless it is very sharp.

Must Sharpen. Must Sharpen. Must Sharpen.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I cannot use a pencil unless it is very sharp.

Must Sharpen. Must Sharpen. Must Sharpen.
kaenneth cancels make post: Pencil not sharp enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

In reference to 0.3 mechanical pencils: Not quite, but I use 0.38 ballpoint pens, because anything larger than that feels like I'm writing with a sausage dipped in ink.
.38s are nice but you can never find them in department stores. You either gotta go specialty or you have to live with .5s.

What really sucks is when you grab a pen that says .38 but soon realize that it was the one that you put a .7 refill in out of necessity and its too late because you're at work. And then it explodes because .7s are the devil.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

.38s are nice but you can never find them in department stores. You either gotta go specialty or you have to live with .5s.

What really sucks is when you grab a pen that says .38 but soon realize that it was the one that you put a .7 refill in out of necessity and its too late because you're at work. And then it explodes because .7s are the devil.

I've found them pretty reliably in Staples.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Why is it that having a CD in my drive will prevent Windows from booting properly until I take it out, but that very same drive can't seem to find a disk when I tell it to run?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

A) Your boot order in the BIOS has CD Drive before HDD. B) The drive probably needs cleaned.

As for its consistency...gremlins, probably. I dunno.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

How does one go about cleaning a CD drive (well, technically a DVD/CD drive, but I assume there's not an appreciable difference as far as cleaning goes)?

And since this is at least an 8 year old computer, I'm sure it's accumulated a lot of gremlins (though I seemed to have killed off a bunch of them when I had it wiped, so they're mostly hardware gremlins now). Previously I was having trouble getting the CD drive to even show up (actually it disappeared from My Computer and the Device Manager while there was still a CD in the tray, but it showed up again after a reboot.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Controller-port-thingy where the cable connects might be going out. There's no real solution for that without a soldering iron and smarts.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Damn. I have neither.
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

How does one go about cleaning a CD drive (well, technically a DVD/CD drive, but I assume there's not an appreciable difference as far as cleaning goes)?

And since this is at least an 8 year old computer, I'm sure it's accumulated a lot of gremlins (though I seemed to have killed off a bunch of them when I had it wiped, so they're mostly hardware gremlins now). Previously I was having trouble getting the CD drive to even show up (actually it disappeared from My Computer and the Device Manager while there was still a CD in the tray, but it showed up again after a reboot.
Take it apart and clean the laser with a microfiber cloth. This is probably inadvisable, as they're a bitch to get back together. Fortunately, they're not terribly expensive.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some idiot pulled right in front of my friends' vehicle as a bunch of us were driving home from a birthday dinner. Lukily, none of them were seriously hurt in the crash but damn it pisses me off that someone else's negligence could have potentially killed one of them.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone smashed my car window to look for good loot tonight. Spent morning filing useless police report, getting through to the insurance company and finding somewhere to get the glass replaced. What did the burglar find that made smashing my window worth it? A single coin in my gymbag that I use as deposit for the lockers at the swimming pool.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 3345