Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698714 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:34:04 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reading your sig, I want to ask you a question - what country do you live in? o_O

...You don't need to answer it, of course >.> Just curious...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reading your sig, I want to ask you a question - what country do you live in? o_O

...You don't need to answer it, of course >.> Just curious...

The US.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Oh, wait, I just remembered you talking about Ohio. Which is totally in the US.

(facepalm)

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, wait, I just remembered you talking about Ohio. Which is totally in the US.

(facepalm)

Not a problem. There will be no quiz and/or test.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

What about an exam? :P

As for something on topic - My expensive, 0.3 mechanical pencil just broke. As in, I had lost the cap before, and the eraser on the end started sinking into it. Today I pried it out, and it also crumbled. I don't think I'm going to be able to use it well...

Incidentally, I don't think they even sell that model here >.> I notice in the USA, few people use .3 lead.

I'm an outlier ! D:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

1.5GB
Add more RAM, or get a RAM stick in a bigger size if you're out of slots. If you run out of ram the cpu has to spend time using alternate places, like virtual memory.

@Skyrunner: Where in the potato did you get a .3 pencil from? I haven't sen anything smaller than .5 before.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I bought it, of course xD

The company was one that made hi-end products (but not really that high end, just more than the run of the mill plastic .5 pencil..). I spent like $12 on the pencil, and it actually lasted more than two years. A great feat, because most of the time I lose my mechanical pencils...

Anyhow, I have to go to Staples and hope they have a .3 pencil. If they don't, I have a couple boxes of .3 lead that'll sit and be wasted until I can order another one xD

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are safe from anything that requires grading effort.

Please don't quote me.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

As for something on topic - My expensive, 0.3 mechanical pencil just broke. As in, I had lost the cap before, and the eraser on the end started sinking into it. Today I pried it out, and it also crumbled. I don't think I'm going to be able to use it well...

Incidentally, I don't think they even sell that model here >.> I notice in the USA, few people use .3 lead.

I'm an outlier ! D:

If the US if you ask for lead, they'll point you to the guns and ammo department.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I am in the US :P

If I were in Korea, 'mechanical pencil' would be translated as 'sharps (or sha-pu)', and 'pencil lead' as 'sharp cores (sha-pu-shim)'. Queer, right? >.> I have no idea whatsoever why they decided to call mechanical pencils as 'sharps'.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

I am in the US :P

If I were in Korea, 'mechanical pencil' would be translated as 'sharps (or sha-pu)', and 'pencil lead' as 'sharp cores (sha-pu-shim)'. Queer, right? >.> I have no idea whatsoever why they decided to call mechanical pencils as 'sharps'.
In the US, if you ask for a sharps, they’ll point you to the guns-and-ammunition department.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It's pretty easy to break the lead off in someone. Just sayin'.

Anyway, probably sharp because it's a stay-sharp pencil (sorta', anyway). That'd be my guess for the reason, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

In reference to 0.3 mechanical pencils: Not quite, but I use 0.38 ballpoint pens, because anything larger than that feels like I'm writing with a sausage dipped in ink.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I could never get the hang of what's what with pens and pencils in English anyway. In Swedish they're all just "[descriptive] pennor".

I still remember with horror my "Cambridge Advanced English" exam which they wanted to be filled in with a pen. Or a pencil. I don't recall which. Only hoe ridiculous it was I didn't know which one was which.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 3345