Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698739 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Write a joke on facebook. Friend takes issue with it and starts to argue. Immediately, despite them being a friend and the argument being extremely cordial, adrenalin starts pumpin' like nobody's business.

Fuck you body. Save it for when something actually, you know, happens.

Given that you're not likely to have to run from a lion or defend yourself from a rival tribe, this is probably the closest to a "fight-or-flight" situation you're gonna get all day. Maybe this is why flame wars occur so easily -- we have so few real-world threats on a daily basis that our bodies are overcompensating and dumping all that adrenaline whenever the brain perceives *any* kind of conflict situation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

...Kind of like allergies. Awesome. ;D
Love, scriver~

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I have a viral infection or something. Doctor says I'll be fine, but I'll be coughing and hacking my head off for a few weeks.

Although I somehow managed to place 1st on the FBLA Cyber Security test that I took at the State conference. I know almost nil about Cyber Security. But I'm probably going to Nationals anyways.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:01:11 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

I have a viral infection or something. Doctor says I'll be fine, but I'll be coughing and hacking my head off for a few weeks.

Although I somehow managed to place 1st on the FBLA Cyber Security test that I took at the State conference. I know almost nil about Cyber Security. But I'm probably going to Nationals anyways.

RAGE TIME

I was disqualified from a competition run by FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) when I was in high school because I scored so well I must have cheated. Literally, that was the only reason they gave. no evidence of anything, because I didn't fucking cheat.

It was multiple choice on 'Computer Concepts' I scored 98/100, second highest was 76/100.

That was pretty bad... but worse was the next year, I tried again... and was disqualified because I 'won' the previous year.

I ended up dropping out of school and getting a GED later because of the stress of it.

No scholorship, no going to Anaheim/D.C. for nationals, nothing but a couple chunks of wood.

My only consolation is the FBLA members are actually the Future 'Pointy Haired Bosses' (as in Dilbert) of America.

Run away, run as fast as you can, unless you want to be an ineffective middle manager as a career.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Run away, run as fast as you can, unless you want to be an ineffective middle manager as a career.

It's every boy's dream!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

...FBLA...
There is a terrible suspicion in my heart that may explain what happened in your case, PD :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Task Manager is not responding...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Try process explorer? I like it better, m'self. There's probably something else out there even better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your Task Manager not responding however is probably some cause for concern.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Well, I don't know if it's technically 'not responding', it just sits there next to the other icons telling me I'm using 0% of my CPU, and the next second I'm using 100%, and than 0% again, etc. Right clicking it just made the options that appeared unclickable although they kept showing even when opening another program.

It's probably just a combination of running Chrome/Steam/Spotify/Crusader King 2 and having only ~10 GB free on my laptop. And with 'probably' I mean 'I really have no idea how this collection of bits and bytes in front of me works'.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

How much RAM is there?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

1.5GB

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Clerk has just fucked up my filing system by throwing everything together. How is she going to manage being a lawyer once she graduates/if she even passes the bar? Unorganized, lazy, and spoiled, the trifecta....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.5GB

Windows 7? Got a bunch of other crap running in the background too?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Hard work, perseverance, and sweat.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 3345