Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700133 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

And the how many percent that are living with that girl :P
*Hugs*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

>________>

My studies may have a +/-50 percentage point margin of error.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

then the 0.00001% of the board that is me says 'never met that girl'

also, I happen to be a social retard (I'm very self concious and introverted, online I appear to become the opposite)

Technically, I haven't either, but I would be incapable of a real normal conversation if I had.

And same thing with the social retardation over here.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have the same issue. I'm an oblivious social-retard, which is ironic because my brother's a professional dancer who's a social butterfly, my mother's a business woman who loves to dance, party, and is known by everyone in the region, my father was a banker and Vietnam vet who was loved by damn near everyone in the town I grew up in, and I supposedly won trophies for high school debate and was known in highschool as that honest, well-spoken, good-looking goth guy.

...Then let an interesting woman approach me, and see how fast I'm staring at the wall like a complete and utter idiot.

Whyyyy must we be such social retards? Why?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I'm not so much of a social retard... I just generally creep some people out with conversational topics that are not accepted within the cultural norm. However, those that aren't creeped out turn into both love interests and life long friends. Which is surprisingly many.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

For me, it's more related to deepseated trust and self-worth issues (which is doubly fucked because I'm aware of them and don't really care that much); it took me six or seven years to get to the point where I knew a couple circles of people that I felt comfortable engaging in casual conversation with, and a large part of that was convincing myself not only that social contact beyond the handful of people I genuinely trusted and was interested in talking with was worthwhile, but that anyone else would care if I talked to them. I guess that's what four solid years of being treated by shit by pretty much everyone except close family and a couple of friends (one of whom I stopped hanging out with after it turned out that his primary amusement was vandalism and petty arson) does for you. And apparently, for most of my life I had a speech problem severe enough that even my parents often couldn't understand what I was saying, which would help explain in hindsight why I had issues making friends. (~birth through 8th grade; was in speech classes from preschool through 7th grade, when I finally got fed up with it and told the school administration flat out that I wasn't doing it any more and would rather not miss normal classes for something that I at the time thought I didn't need)

As for talking to girls I liked? Hell, I don't even know if I have a sex drive; every girl I was interested in was so because they were an interesting person to talk to, because they were intelligent and informed enough to debate stuff, and I don't honestly recall even wishing that I would motivate myself to pursue things further.

So yeah, socially, my life has been pretty much fucked, and I had maybe two or three geniune friends through the span of 3 years old through 16ish. I guess that might have been rageworthy for me at some point, but now? Eh, what's past is past. I've long since forgiven the people who made my life hell, and I don't see any point in regretting things I can't go back and change.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

three consecutive stop signs, THREE!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GODDAMN MORMONS AND DRIVING, RIGHT OF WAY YOU ASSHATS NOT "OUTTA MY WAY!!!!!!"

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Ahh, we've all got a few skeletons in our closet. What's more worrying is the zombies - the things that come alive every now and again and seem impossible to kill. Then again, I'd like to think of myself as a stronger man due to the fact that I need to keep putting them down every now and again.  :)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh, we've all got a few skeletons in our closet. What's more worrying is the zombies - the things that come alive every now and again and seem impossible to kill. Then again, I'd like to think of myself as a stronger man due to the fact that I need to keep putting them down every now and again.  :)

Im confused, wheres the anger? the REAG!!!???

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry.  ;)

It's 6:10 AM! My sleeping schedule is so messed up! GRRRRRRRR!!!  >:(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry.  ;)

THATS RIGHT FEEL THE BURN

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry.  ;)

THATS RIGHT FEEL THE BURN

+1 Tellemurius love

I MEAN UMMM GRRRRR YOUR CAPS MAKE ME ANGRY

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm entirely too lazy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

I just keep my laptop IN bed with me. It worked out great until the power cord wore down around the connection into the computer. Wound up breaking and lighting my bed on fire. That is the one and only time it is okay to smother something with a pillow.

Alternatively, if you sleep in a bunk you could hook a computer monitor to the bottom of the top bunk and play whatever you want, or browse the net while laying down. I've seen a setup or two like that.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 3345