Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696747 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They're seperate because of the different types of traffic. Xboxes are almost always the same kind of traffic (either updates, game-related downloads or udp multiplayer connections with or without voice chat) and usually cause a lot of traffic with any of those in enough quantity, general is everything else. Probably only seperated by a VLAN on a switch somewhere on campus.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Morons? No. People with agendas to meet and money to take? Yes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Anonymous isn't a hacker group.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Hell yeah!

We have lives!

...Nocturnal ones.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Anonymous at this point is a name that a diverse range of people use as a cloak to give their own goals and activities a superficial appearance of group action. Of course, the original idea of it as a collective composed of people with all those different objectives was as absurd on the surface as the idea of an Anarchist political party. I suppose it also serves as a banner for people to rally around when dishing out Disproportionate Internet Retribution™ on whoever the most recent unfortunate to draw the ire of the mob happens to be.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Today I played GalCiv2. Today I raged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FFFFFUUUUU-
Well, thats new to me. in all the games I've played, either I beat them to that, or didn't have tech victory on because I was trying something else (or was messing around with my overpowered custom race of supreme tech advantage with orange and blue triangular ships.)

Certainly seen plenty of the other failure screens, though.

Never played GalCiv with anything besides Domination on. I own all the GalCivs and expansions, its quite an etertaining game. =) My only issue is balance. I'm either the overlord of the universe with every alien race eventually declaring war on me only to be crushed, or I'm a tiny bug that's a step away from being crushed by a wildly-superior alien menace who the combined might of the galaxy cannot even begin to harm. >_>
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Turn the other win conditions on. (except maybe tech and/or culture, those can come up rather suddenly with in a *BANG* YOU FAIL kinda way)

And never give away weapons tech. Use large amounts of trade goods or credits if nessesary, but if you arm them, they will shoot you in the arse later, for varying definitions of later mostly depending on how allied they are to you and your Xeno Ethics choice. Later may also be defined as 'not within the limits of the game' if you win a diplomatic victory, with eventual assassins and such.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:21:58 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today I played GalCiv2. Today I raged.

FFFFFUUUUU-

Never played GalCiv2, but that reminds me of the latest chapter of Nature of Nature's Art. A structure larger than Earth arrives in the sky above the planet, uploads a schematic of the entire planet (including every consciousness on it) to their computers, obliterates the Alternate-Universe Earth in which the planet attempted resistance as an example to this one, and engineered the relocation of all Earth life to a new location that was more convenient to them, all in a matter of a minute or two.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Turn the other win conditions on. (except maybe tech and/or culture, those can come up rather suddenly with in a *BANG* YOU FAIL kinda way)

And never give away weapons tech. Use large amounts of trade goods or credits if nessesary, but if you arm them, they will shoot you in the arse later, for varying definitions of later mostly depending on how allied they are to you and your Xeno Ethics choice. Later may also be defined as 'not within the limits of the game' if you win a diplomatic victory, with eventual assassins and such.

Eh, I find all that diplomatic/tech stuff boring. Also, I tend to arm civilizations specifically to balance the galaxy out, as the tendency is for 1-2 races to have very high weapons/armor tech and the rest to be in the bloody dark ages.

The ONLY games I play that suck are the ones where I somehow f'd up my economy so terribly that I can't complete with the galactic superpower.

My current game, those religious fools are super-powerful but I'm openly opposing them. They blackmailed 2 other races into declaring war on me, but my Xathan(or whatever they're called)-designed custom race is handing them all their asses. I constantly kill 5-10 enemy ships with 1-3 of my own ships of EQUAL attack stats... Thanks to intelligent use of defenses.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nature of Nature's Art
That comic is... confusing... But I have to say that this panel:
Is possibly the most awesome way I've ever seen someone react to something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Some dumbass cut the fiber line that gives internet to my entire region.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

How bout the dumbass telephone company that put an entire region on one fiber line?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Fuck them too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Some dumbass cut the fiber line that gives internet to my entire region.
And they were able to reach it because...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I have an overabundance of faith in the intelligence of my cable company. These are the same professionals that decided the proper way to run my cable line was to staple half of it to the side of my house and then run the OTHER half right along the ground. I figured something was wrong with my internet when it started cutting out....and it was confirmed when I found my dog chewing on the line.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 3345