Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697044 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Jesus Fucking Christ Randolph Street drivers, Y U NO DRIVE THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT! It's like 9/10 drivers whose tires touch that street suddenly age 50 fucking years and think they're having a nice Sunday drive. It's 5:15 rush hour traffic, GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY!

Because speed limit means "don't drive above this speed", not "drive at exactly this speed and not a km/h below or above!".
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

I hate applying for jobs sometimes.  Easily the worst part about it is the tons of redundant paperwork and occasional ambiguous question.  At the top of this one is "Location" next to "today's date" and just above my name and address.  Which location, exactly?  The place I want to work at, or where I'm currently filling it out?  Does the "Location" need an address, state, and zip code?  Would it have been that difficult to type "Location of Prospective Employment" instead?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Causually browsing the net. Suddenly, massive slowdown followed by internet connection fucking up. Stuff like this seems to happen every few minutes.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I hate applying for jobs sometimes.  Easily the worst part about it is the tons of redundant paperwork and occasional ambiguous question.  At the top of this one is "Location" next to "today's date" and just above my name and address.  Which location, exactly?  The place I want to work at, or where I'm currently filling it out?  Does the "Location" need an address, state, and zip code?  Would it have been that difficult to type "Location of Prospective Employment" instead?
Yes. extra description is apparently more expensive to do on this many pieces of paper they just leave in the front of the place for people to scribble all over (or write all over, depending on how their writing looks).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

mmmmm.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stupid idiot boss. So far, he has claimed to have a doctorate in Theology that I've never seen, but touts whenever he feels it helps him make a point, a former millionare, despite running a charity organization that's supposedly hurting for financial donations, and most recently, a Japanese martial arts master.
I swear, his head is so far up his ass that it appears to be in the proper place simply because it was shoved that far up his ass.

And just the other day, he was talking about how the various towns we work in are making noise about what we do and trying to shut us down, and how he was perfectly willing to let us be arrested for it. Considering that I'm there from the Department of Labor, I am pretty sure that getting arrested would not be a good thing for me, or the welfare benefits that are currently keeping me from being homeless. It even almost sounded like he was willing to sell us out, but that could just be my dislike of him. The only true thing he's probably said all week was that they can't shut us down for preaching since we do it on public property(First Amendment and all that, although I wish he wouldn't use the Second Amendment to reinforce his example...), and even then I'm not 100% sure that applies, since it's not exactly "public property". For example, one location is in a shopping center parking lot, which I assume is owned by whomever owns that shopping center.

mmmmm.
"Let's hire this guy!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Huh. Well, in a sane world, if you got arrested doing the only work the Department of Labor would provide for you, that wouldn't have any additional impact beyond what being arrested would involve and it would, ideally, get you out of the consequences of being arrested since you're basically there on government command.

I wish we lived in a sane world.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile

Today I played GalCiv2. Today I raged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FFFFFUUUUU-
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Wait a second. You're volunteering to work for an ass that wants to get you arrested?  I dont understand that stuff
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:57:17 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Internet connection is being a spazz. Gah! It keeps disconnecting!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Wait a second. You're volunteering to work for an ass that wants to get you arrested?  I dont understand that stuff
He's "volunteering" in that he's being forced to go there by the Dep't of Labour.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Today I played GalCiv2. Today I raged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FFFFFUUUUU-
Well, thats new to me. in all the games I've played, either I beat them to that, or didn't have tech victory on because I was trying something else (or was messing around with my overpowered custom race of supreme tech advantage with orange and blue triangular ships.)

Certainly seen plenty of the other failure screens, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Man. If it were any other kind of sandwich, it'd be a contest, but PB&J is ungood, and acceptable only heated (and even then, only just).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... PB&J waffles. You take two waffles, put peanut butter on one, then jelly on the other. Place the slathered sides together. PB&J wafflesandwich. Is good.

Honey is better than jelly for that, though~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I was packing things up, getting ready to move because I should have a new place in a  week...

And I found a dozen boxes of improperly packed books in the attic crawl space. My ex crammed them up there when she made space at my apartment for her stuff. I had forgotten about the incident and books. Now I have a large number of books with bent spines, loose pages and dogeared covers.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 3345