Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696994 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9735 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:13 am »

Submitting a job application for IBM, I accidentally submitted my Intel resume. Opening line of the Resume:
Objective:
To acquire a programming internship at Intel during the summer of 2012.
No way to change it with their submission system... D:

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #9736 on: March 16, 2012, 01:14:31 am »

That really sucks.

I guess all you can do is email an admin, hopefully they won't hold it against you. Certainly better than the alternative.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: March 16, 2012, 01:20:01 am »

Submitting a job application for IBM, I accidentally submitted my Intel resume. Opening line of the Resume:
Objective:
To acquire a programming internship at Intel during the summer of 2012.
No way to change it with their submission system... D:

I am so, so sorry, but this made me burst out laughing at... *checks watch* 2:19 AM.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50:55 am »

Get somebody at work demanding I help them copy a CD. I figure, no biggie, we do this all the time with CDs of surveillance audio/video, jailhouse recordings, that sort of thing. Ten minutes into trying to walk her through it (and having to explain multiple times the difference between a CD and a DVD, and the difference between audio and video >_<)...I discover that it's not a data disc with surveillance recordings on it...it's a commercial music CD.

"Ma'am, are you trying to get me fired?"
Attitude about how it was taking too long completely vanished once I stated that it was illegal and began implying that I was going to need to report this with her supervisor. "Oh, okay, no problem then. Thanks!" *click*

Almost makes me want to vote for Ron Paul, with the hope that he'd lay off ALL the government employees so we could start fresh. There's entirely too many of these sort clogging up the Federal payrolls, with decades of tenure.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: March 16, 2012, 03:57:22 pm »

My own lack of ability at ping pong.

Ok, scratch that. I know how to play Ping Pong, and I'm not half bad.

But when you're playing with professionals, half-bad doesn't cut it. I feel like I have exactly zero paddle control when I'm trying to learn forehand like they're teaching me. So 90% of my returns suck and the dude playing on my side basically has to suffer through 2 points every time I get served to. Doubles probably isn't the best place to learn to control my forehand, but still. GRAH. I hate feeling like a graceless turd around people who are quite skilled at what they're doing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:42:24 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:50 pm »

But when you're playing with professionals, half-bad doesn't cut it. I feel like I have exactly zero paddle control when I'm trying to learn forehand like they're teaching me. So 90% of my returns suck and the dude playing on my side basically has to suffer through 2 points every time I get served to. Doubles probably isn't the best place to learn to control my forehand, but still. GRAH. I hate feeling like a graceless turd around people who are quite skilled at what they're doing.
You've moved into the table tennis realm, what seperates the men from the boys.  You'll know you're playing table tennis instead of ping pong when you wake up in the morning sore.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: March 16, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »

also, the fastest I got my internet to was 700KB/s
You lucky. On a bad day the max I get is 30KB/s
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: March 16, 2012, 10:23:19 pm »

LIVESTREAM, Y U NO MIX AUDIO RIGHT?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »

My backhand is also much much better than my forehand.  To compensate sometimes I'll jump 3 feet to my right and use my backhand instead of risking it with my forehand.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: March 16, 2012, 10:45:51 pm »

My backhand is also much much better than my forehand.

My right arm's a lot stronger than my left arm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: March 17, 2012, 04:03:30 am »

You'll know you're playing table tennis instead of ping pong when you wake up in the morning sore.

Already through that period of it, thankfully. Got blisters on the insides of both my feet from it hehe.

I don't have excellent coordination, so learning to even get on a good line with forehand or backhand is tough. I'm steadily unlearning years of bad habits (read as: sticking my paddle flat out in front of me instead of actually swinging to contact the ball) from friendly ping pong during the holidays. On the plus side, playing at a table in a single car garage over the years taught me to work in very small spaces. So I have some decent soft touch tricks I can pull....in between the uber slams these guys dish out on cue.

What I really need is some time at the table while I'm not uh...on the clock. :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:08:00 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: March 17, 2012, 04:52:11 am »

I hate my internet connection and everything and -body involved in making it so shitty.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: March 17, 2012, 12:07:43 pm »

I might have been out of line a bit about those anti-Christian comments. It's just really hard not to be completely pissed off when the entirety of a subgroup of a group that I interact with in any/every way on a constant basis is that subgroup that's almost entirely douchebags.

Anyway, ignoring that, yesterday, my boss was giving a sermon about the apostle Paul's trip to Athens. Turns out, he doesn't know his ancient Greek Mythology(odd, considering he has a doctorate that I've never seen in Theology), since he identified Athena, patron("matron" would be more approprate?) of Athens as "NOT the goddess of wisdom, but the goddess of lust and beauty". Protip: That was Aphrodite, although I think Athena had a lesbian thing going on with Nike(to be fair, Greek Mythology is full of smut). It's kinda hard to listen to a guy who not only doesn't have his facts straight, but also sometimes puts blatant lies into his sermons.

And then, the boss had me putting grommets into a banner, which I had to do quickly since the board of directors was coming for an inspection, doing it half-way, having to take the ones I put in out and almost completely start over again since he wanted me to grommet together two banners(so it was double-sided) when it was about 5 minutes from the time they were supposed to come. It takes me about 5-10 minutes just to do one grommet, out of four total, not counting taking them out which taks longer since the only thing I had was a dangerous-to-use pair of wire crimps.

Before that, the new warehouse manager - the old one, the one who got a little "handy" with me a few weeks ago, was fired/retired, but that's a whole 'nother issue that I don't have the whole story on. The new guy, however, is pretty good for the job - had a razor blade that I've been trying to fix. The problem is that it doesn't slide in or out any more. Apparently, the bit that holds the blade in(the blade also fell out at one point), was bent out of shape, so I hammered back roughly into shape. It worked(sorta), and then I noticed that the blade was dull. And the only other knife in the warehouse I can find is some stupid safety knife; the first thing I managed to cut with it while figuring out the safety mechanism was the cuticle of my finger. Go figure >_<.

The first time I saw GRTY on a receipt, I asked my sensei, "They're charging us for using their gravity!? What the hell, man?" He cracked up laughing.
Don't give them the idea to do that. They just might ::).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9748 on: March 17, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »

I hate my internet connection and everything and -body involved in making it so shitty.

Me too. Dem Comcast peoples...

Always, every night, about 8:30 to 10:00. No internetz for me.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: March 17, 2012, 03:26:15 pm »

dinner raeg
This. Fucking THIS. I ordered a pizza once from this seriously over-priced (but very delicious) family-owned Pizza place here in town.
Total is like $22 something. I give the (completely stoned-off-his-ass-delivery boy) 2 $20s. And he just says thanks and starts walking away. There was no misunderstanding, he looked straight at my scissored $20s and thought he was going to walk off with $18 in change and I wouldn't notice.
It's the only time I've ever shouted What The Fuck to a total stranger. Dude looked like a kicked dog as he made my change. I delivered pie for 6 months, and delivered my ass off. Not that there's some sort of delivery boy code, but I wanted to bitch slap this guy for that. Gratuity is called fucking gratuity for a reason.
Well...that is pretty gratuitous.
Can we share social ineptitude stories?  We ordered a pizza and I had to be the one that paid the guy.  He's here so I go and pays for the $8 or whatever that it costed.  I was only given a $20 bill of course.  After giving me everything he looks at me like (so what's the change gonna be?).  I'm already freaking out at this point as the inside of my head starts going (TAKE IT TAKE IT AND LEAVE) and I tell him it's fine whatever.  He thanks me (it was so sincere man) and leaves.  Then I had to explain why I gave this guy a tip larger than the order itself.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 3345