Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696830 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9720 on: March 14, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

Hey look guys I found a picture of MaximumZero!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

or at least how I'll see him from now on in my mind

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: March 14, 2012, 11:31:47 pm »

I am much beefier and hairier than that. I'm willing to bet shorter, too.

The best thing about that picture? The quilt is worth more than all of those swords combined, then some, and then some on top of that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:34:21 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: March 14, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »

dinner raeg

This. Fucking THIS. I ordered a pizza once from this seriously over-priced (but very delicious) family-owned Pizza place here in town.

Total is like $22 something. I give the (completely stoned-off-his-ass-delivery boy) 2 $20s. And he just says thanks and starts walking away. There was no misunderstanding, he looked straight at my scissored $20s and thought he was going to walk off with $18 in change and I wouldn't notice.

It's the only time I've ever shouted What The Fuck to a total stranger. Dude looked like a kicked dog as he made my change. I delivered pie for 6 months, and delivered my ass off. Not that there's some sort of delivery boy code, but I wanted to bitch slap this guy for that. Gratuity is called fucking gratuity for a reason.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:35:20 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:02 pm »

Well, that's one mystery solved. Some inspection of the schedule revealed an interesting fact. Every day this week is shortstaffed by one person. Every. Single. One. Apparently this is because it's spring break at the adjacent college, from which many of the half-time employees are drawn, but that makes no fucking sense. A sane person would schedule an extra person every day during spring break, under the understanding that at least one person a day will call in "sick".

Additionally, I would like to address the weather with a succinct, "Dafuq?"

It's March! I should not need air conditioning to stay sane! But it's 82 degrees F in my apartment and the weather outside isn't going to be cool enough to cut it for a few hours. And it's humid as balls. Really sweaty ones, I guess, given the metaphor. I suppose that was just a poor choice of words, given the mental image. Oh well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: March 15, 2012, 04:01:33 am »

I hate that feeling. Hot and muggy is the worst, sweaty balls is the worst.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:53 am »

dinner raeg

This. Fucking THIS. I ordered a pizza once from this seriously over-priced (but very delicious) family-owned Pizza place here in town.

Total is like $22 something. I give the (completely stoned-off-his-ass-delivery boy) 2 $20s. And he just says thanks and starts walking away. There was no misunderstanding, he looked straight at my scissored $20s and thought he was going to walk off with $18 in change and I wouldn't notice.

It's the only time I've ever shouted What The Fuck to a total stranger. Dude looked like a kicked dog as he made my change. I delivered pie for 6 months, and delivered my ass off. Not that there's some sort of delivery boy code, but I wanted to bitch slap this guy for that. Gratuity is called fucking gratuity for a reason.

Well...that is pretty gratuitous.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: March 15, 2012, 10:49:56 am »

The first time I saw GRTY on a receipt, I asked my sensei, "They're charging us for using their gravity!? What the hell, man?" He cracked up laughing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:35 am »

When I delivered pizzas, anyone asking for change got a RAAAGE from me. I never carried more than 5 bucks in change (was specifically told not to). Fortunately never got into any problems regarding not having enough change.

Handing someone $40 for a $22 pizza delivery is all kinds of silly.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:39 am »

I carried about $40 in change, as does about every delivery driver I've ever dealt with. I don't live in a big city or anything, but if you need exact change to make your delivery, that should be told to the customer. Walking off with their change is theft unless they've given it to you.

So yeah. If a delivery driver raged at me for asking for my change back, they'd get x2 as much back from for being bad at their job. Breaking a $50 or $100? That's asking too much. Breaking a $20? If you can't break a $20 bill, you must be working for the cheapest/most robbed pizza place ever.

Christ you can't even order food for less than $10 because of gas.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:24:47 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: March 15, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »

We were told not to carry more than 5 bucks since there had been a few robberies of delivery drivers in the past year or so (one girl even had a baseball bat taken to her). Customers were specifically told drivers didn't carry much change, and it apparently worked (at least in my case) since no one ever asked for anything big to be broken down.

Most change I ever gave was about 3 bucks. Still annoying to dig through pockets though :P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9730 on: March 15, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »

The people who own the house I made an offer on?

They are missing. Probably on vacation. And the Realtor has no way to contact them.

WWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: March 15, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »

The people who own the house I made an offer on?

They are missing. Probably on vacation. And the Realtor has no way to contact them.

WWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
noooooo!

yes, that does work.
Noooooo works better.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: March 15, 2012, 06:22:08 pm »

damn mosquitoes keep wanting to bite into my sweet tasty flesh

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9733 on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »

working late again. The good news is that the friday deadline is fuzzy, I can work the weekend too because the build is monday morning...

The bad news is that I still don't have enough time.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: March 15, 2012, 06:32:47 pm »

So a month ago when we quit AT&T we shipped them back the testing equipment they had sent us because they said they'd charge us for the equipment if we didn't. Today we got a bill for $127 dollar because we "didn't send the equipment back." We waited for three hours on the phone only to get some guy who was in a hurry to get rid of us who said AT&T will "cut us a check" and it will "be here in about eight weeks". So now we're down $127 for eight weeks, and the check probably won't get here anyway because AT&T has never once followed up on something like that.

Moreover, it was $127 drafted out of checking so reporting fraud wouldn't do a single thing.

I thought we were done with this terrible company when we switched Internet providers, but apparently not.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3345