Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694427 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9510 on: March 07, 2012, 01:57:08 am »

Penguin's Sunburn Saga, episode 4:

I am not eating my dead skin.

The skin underneath is very sensitive, so no peeling at all yet. I'll live with the tip of my nose being capped with a layer or two of dead skin now. It's like nose leather armor, made of nose leather.

The sunburn on the rest of my face doesn't look better, but it feels better. A large variety of salves and creams are making sure this progresses well.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: March 07, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »

Penguin's Sunburn Saga, episode 4:

I am not eating my dead skin.

The skin underneath is very sensitive, so no peeling at all yet. I'll live with the tip of my nose being capped with a layer or two of dead skin now. It's like nose leather armor, made of nose leather.

The sunburn on the rest of my face doesn't look better, but it feels better. A large variety of salves and creams are making sure this progresses well.
Reminds me of the time when my entire back and shoulder region had severe sunburn. . .and oh how satisfying it was to pull 6+ inches of dead skin off of my back, revealing fresh new skin underneath.  Almost worth the sunburn pain, imo.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

MMO I play has an expansion pack. The expansion, when added, will be like one fifth of the games content. I want to buy it. The game uses a points system for things like this. Because I can't pay online, I need to buy point cards. These cards are $20. I am one point short of the expansion. A singular fucking point. When you do the math, it costs 2 cents per point. And I have to spend 20 dollars for the one fucking point I need. Not really a life-halting source of rage, but it is annoying. It is the rage-straw that threatens to rage-break my rage-spine.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »

MMO I play has an expansion pack. The expansion, when added, will be like one fifth of the games content. I want to buy it. The game uses a points system for things like this. Because I can't pay online, I need to buy point cards. These cards are $20. I am one point short of the expansion. A singular fucking point. When you do the math, it costs 2 cents per point. And I have to spend 20 dollars for the one fucking point I need. Not really a life-halting source of rage, but it is annoying. It is the rage-straw that threatens to rage-break my rage-spine.

look at the bright side, after you buy the expansion you'll have 999 or so points to spend on whatever you want.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06:19 pm »

Not really my raeg but...

I just watched two grown men almost throw down over differing viewpoints on some stupid feature of the new Ipad. Like, take the most acrimonious forum debate you've ever read on, say, a video game, then put those two people less than 10 feet away from you while they're shouting at each other. It was nerd raeg personified. If I hadn't been in the middle of troubleshooting some fairly complicated thing, I would have gotten up and left until they'd regained their composure.

The funniest part was I think 50% of the argument happened through chat, so the first thing either me or the other guy in the office heard was one dude ripping off his head phones and bursting out with a "What the fuck man!", and the other firing back immediately after he said.  It was as comical as it was stupid, like going from total silence to a full blown argument in less than a second.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:08:00 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: March 07, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »

what was the stupid feature they were arguing about?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »

Something about the Apple guy said the lack of (Citrix? I dunno, I don't pay attention to Apple products) on the Ipad wasn't good, but the non-Apple guy took the comment a totally different way and thought he was saying no one would buy the Ipad because of it. When you're only getting into the conversation at the point where it blows up, and you're trying your damnedest not to hear or see any of it....yeah.

But it was pretty much exactly what happens on in forum arguments. People make assumptions about what others believe and go into attack mode focusing on that one inconsistency. Right down to the "But you JUST SAID--!!!!" "No I fucking DIDN'T!" In this case it just happened in the middle of my office not 10 feet away.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:46:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: March 08, 2012, 12:00:14 am »

What is so difficult about emailing me a code that Best Buy has taken over three hours since sending me my confirmation email? Why couldn't the code be included in that email? Is the system not automated? Is an alarm going off in an office somewhere, one business man has to open the briefcase handcuffed to his wrist to read off half of the password to the vault where the codes for digital goods are stored, but the one guy who knew the other half of the code just had a stroke and went into a coma, when he woke up he had amnesia so he's currently undergoing hypnotherapy to try to jog his memory so I can get my damn microsoft points?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:23 am »

... He knows the system! We'll have to introduce further obfuscation measures!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:33 am »

More obfuscation? Obviously you've never seen Best Buy's my main account's computer system. Egads.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:53 am »

... He knows the system! We'll have to introduce further obfuscation measures!
All I want is my damn points so I can get From Ashes, I had a gift card for Best Buy or they would have never seen my business.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: March 08, 2012, 08:21:05 am »

Gah. Got in an argument with some young-earth creationists on my bus. Fossils, people! Fossils! ARGH!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:04 am »

Those were placed there by the Devil himself!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: March 08, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

Those were placed there by the Devil himself!
Or according to some versions, by God to test our faith. He also put extra carbon in them to make it extra faith-testy. (No shit...I've actually had people try to argue that C12-dating is invalid because God puts extra carbon in supposed fossils.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:14 am »

You mean C14 right?
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 3345