Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694476 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9465 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:18 am »

Sunburn. All over my face.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #9466 on: March 05, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

Aloe, man. Or, if you can stand the smell, vinegar. IMHO vinegar works better, but it stinks, so you can't use it if you plan on going into public in the near future.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:24 am »

Some people complain about smokers and their odor. Me, I complain about people who bathe in lotion on a daily basis. Ashes or floral scent, they're both equally cloying when you're not the one making the smell.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:11 am »

Perfume, pot, and cigar smoke are the worst of the worst. Maybe they are trumped by cat-smell, but I don't know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9469 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:25 am »

Some people complain about smokers and their odor. Me, I complain about people who bathe in lotion on a daily basis. Ashes or floral scent, they're both equally cloying when you're not the one making the smell.
There were people in my high school that liked to use perfume like air freshener. It was horrific.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:38 am »

Locker rooms smell pretty horiffic, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: March 05, 2012, 12:16:14 pm »

The worst for me is Febreeze. They market that shit like it's salt. Why, just add it to ANYTHING. Break wind? Febreeze it. Own pets that will stink their whole natural lives? Febreeze them for the next 10 years. Catch a whiff of something drifting off the interstate? Febreeze it. Or more correctly, yourself.

Fuck, why not just shove up a tube up your nose and inhale that shit straight? I used to know a girl who carried a bottle in her car and would spritz it on a daily basis. I could never find the right way to tell her she was being obsessive compulsive while also probably destroying her sense of smell. Not that it really mattered, she'd been working perfume counters for close to 5 years, her nose was probably shot anyways.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

But Febreeze solves everything!

Including the question of where to hide that corpse.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: March 05, 2012, 01:25:49 pm »

The worst for me is Febreeze. They market that shit like it's salt. Why, just add it to ANYTHING. Break wind? Febreeze it. Own pets that will stink their whole natural lives? Febreeze them for the next 10 years. Catch a whiff of something drifting off the interstate? Febreeze it. Or more correctly, yourself.

Fuck, why not just shove up a tube up your nose and inhale that shit straight? I used to know a girl who carried a bottle in her car and would spritz it on a daily basis. I could never find the right way to tell her she was being obsessive compulsive while also probably destroying her sense of smell. Not that it really mattered, she'd been working perfume counters for close to 5 years, her nose was probably shot anyways.

This, this, this. It's even worse than the people who compulsively use that high-strength hand sanitizer every couple minutes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: March 05, 2012, 02:06:58 pm »

But less bad than people who intentionally empty entire cans of air freshener just to piss you off.

Why haven't I clocked the guy yet?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: March 05, 2012, 02:09:24 pm »

Or people who fart in front of you on purpose. Like my stepdad.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: March 05, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »

It's Nature's Febreeze. It's called Fuh-blech.

To me it's just an annoying weakness on people's parts. I'm sure there are people out there that just like the smell. But it gets treated as if any offensive odor is an affront to your rights, like your personal space is not only what immediately surrounds you, but the smells that float in the fucking ether too. Now, considering cigarette smoke impolite, that's fine. It causes cancer, I get it. But somehow, that's turned into the COMPLETE FUCKING OPPOSITE PROBLEM, where people that demand the air smelling exactly the way they want it POLLUTE EVERYONE ELSE'S AIR.

It makes me want to stuff a whole pack of smokes in my mouth and bathe a Frebreezer in my personal brand of aromatic, just to send the message that two wrongs don't make a fucking right.

If you want your own house smelling like it's made from a soap pad, that's your prerogative. When you bring it out into the open world and carry it with you like a freaking defensive weapon, that's where I draw the line. I don't respond by default to other people's smells by smothering them in my own, do the rest of the world the same favor.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:18:49 pm by nenjin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: March 05, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »

I wonder what health problems are caused by second hand body lotion.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »

Probably not cancer unless you're eating it. But I know for a fact the oils and aromatics in perfume do build up in your nasal cavaties, and over time your sense of smell gets wiped out. Or so I've been told by professional counter girls.

I imagine Febreeze can actually lead to some respiratory issues if you breathe enough of it in confined spaces.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: March 05, 2012, 02:44:07 pm »

Yeah, I've had to leave rooms oversaturated with febreeze in order to be able to breath before. Mind you, it's the same for just about any gas (E: Or... whatever the hell febreeze is. Perfume, cig smoke, strong cleaning materials, whatever.) short of the normal oxygen+ stuff that air is supposed to be, but yeah, febreeze has triggered it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:46:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 3345