Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695257 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I made $8k last year, man. He spent more than that on his freaking dog.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Scheiner said he spends about $500 a month to park one of his two Audis in a garage and at least $7,500 a year each for memberships at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester and a gun club in upstate New York. A labradoodle named Zelda and a rescued bichon frise, Duke, cost $17,000 a year, including food, health care, boarding and a daily dog-walker who charges $17 each per outing, he said.
‘Crushing Setback’
Still, he sold two motorcycles he didn’t use and called his Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet “the Volkswagen of supercars.”
Oh that pooooor man, what ever will he do to get by? ಠ_ಠ

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

He should put a donate button up, I'd give him a dollar, just for the lulz.

If I can afford a dollar from my bottom of the society here in Denmark, maybe he could afford the same percentage of his income to help other people instead of spending it on expanding his already big home.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Scheiner said he spends about $500 a month to park one of his two Audis in a garage and at least $7,500 a year each for memberships at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester and a gun club in upstate New York. A labradoodle named Zelda and a rescued bichon frise, Duke, cost $17,000 a year, including food, health care, boarding and a daily dog-walker who charges $17 each per outing, he said.
‘Crushing Setback’
Still, he sold two motorcycles he didn’t use and called his Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet “the Volkswagen of supercars.”
Oh that pooooor man, what ever will he do to get by? ಠ_ಠ
Well, for starters, he could start walking his own dogs. Easy $6000 right there. Probably cancel the club memberships, too, or at least one of them. They're important to him, I'm sure, but hey, a luxury is a luxury.

Oh, wait. Probably that was a sarcastic question. >_______>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Wall Street headhunter Daniel Arbeeny said his “income has gone down tremendously.” On a recent Sunday, he drove to Fairway Market in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn to buy discounted salmon for $5.99 a pound.

He had to shop for discount salmon. DISCOUNT!
What is our society coming to, when people who provide the critical service of coaxing people to leave their job for another job have to eat the same kind of fish that the common gutter trash do? He had to drive to Red Hook....RED HOOK! You know who else lived in Red Hook? Hitler. Al Capone. Picture this poor guy having to fend off mafia hoodlums as he bravely foraged through a Fairway to find meat to put on his gold-plated dinner table.

Actually....shit, $5.99 for salmon is pretty damn good. Lucky bastard.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, for starters, he could start walking his own dogs. Easy $6000 right there. Probably cancel the club memberships, too, or at least one of them. They're important to him, I'm sure, but hey, a luxury is a luxury.

Oh, wait. Probably that was a sarcastic question. >_______>

Budgeting is only for poor people so that the rich might laugh and point to their lack of budgeting (i.e. eating every day) as proof that they deserve to be poor. The correct answer to Mr. Scheiner's problems is either lower taxes or use existing loopholes.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

You know who else lived in Red Hook?

Lots and lots of Yazidis?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, there's really one suitable response to all this, IMHO:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Is that Wallstreet?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Yeah, there's really one suitable response to all this, IMHO:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh that's just brilliant raeghe.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Is that Wallstreet?
It is indeed the front of the New York Stock Exchange.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm really enjoying reading ya'lls responses to that article.
When I was reading it I kept thinking, "Wait what?"
It's hard to believe that they seriously think they are being inconvenienced.

There's one part that says that these financial types don't bother to save any money.  I was like  :o  ???  ::)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

You sure that article isn't carefully crafted to inspire revolutionary rage in the populus?  Because it's certainly working on me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

On the other end of the spectrum, we have this lovely tidbit in a piece on the NC GOP trying to limit enrollment in public pre-K programs:

The hearing prompted comments from Rep. George Cleveland, R-Onslow, challenging U.S. Census Bureau statistics that show a growing number of North Carolina children live in poverty.

"We have no one in the state of North Carolina living in extreme poverty," Cleveland said, defining the condition as living on $1.50 a day. "Over the years, they keep redefining poverty to make sure we have a poverty class. I have a problem when we say we have an increasing number of children living in extreme poverty. It’s a government agency perpetuating what they want as a poverty level."

So....$2 a day wouldn't be poor to this colossal bag of dicks representative. I'm so glad to know I've never been poor. Hell, most of those starving kids in Africa aren't even poor! It's all just a bunch of liberal fooferall.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Streamlined IE9 yeah right.

I have to go through the Slowest menus on the crappiest tiny box of my favorites to get to any webistes that I favotited (My favorites bar is full), tabs are in the wrong spot, I CANT UNINSTALL IT, IT WON'T LET ME, I cant move something from favorites bar to favorites box but still keep it on the bar, no more corner search bar (I actually liked that alot), and it just sucks in general.  ALl this for not paying attention to which updates were checked :(

EDIT: ANd, I cant mousewheel click to open links in new tabs from favorites.  That was the most annoying part of it too.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 3345