Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695918 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Group Projects Blow Edition
« Reply #9315 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:11 pm »

Its like he intentionally picks a place to sleep that he knows will bother me.

Thus he gets attention, thus you are reminded to feed him! Cunning creature...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Group Projects Blow Edition
« Reply #9316 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

I've forgotten my password for KoL account, and I don't have access to the e-mail account I used to confirm it, so I can't retrieve my password. So much work down the drain! I was a level ten Sauceror (SP? It's been a while since I've played), dammit!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: February 25, 2012, 01:25:54 pm »

This damn cough still raging on. At least it's finally going away. And a single cup of hot tea has far more for it than all the medicine I took for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: February 25, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »

Goddamn do I hate petty office politics... almost as much as I hate the petty smug-faced lifeless pricks who set them in motion... but none as much as I hate the absolutely retarded upper management who design the situations that are fucking obviously going to cause stupid conflicts.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Being a shotgun surgeon in ace of spades and then called a noob.  It's not so much the fact that I was called a noob (which I know is not true, I've been playing for a while now) but simply the fact that the comment was used totally and completely out of spite and ignorance.  A common occurence on the internet, I know, but that one comment in particular struck me as particularly ignorant.

Also, shotgun in ace of spades is a tad bit overpowered.  It's like a slightly less accurate rifle that makes up for the accuracy with a spray of rounds.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: February 25, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

I need to go play that again sometime.

I had a really epic sniper duel in it once, me and this other dude were just repeatedly hunting each other, everyone else on the server was just building.

It was practically leapfrog, every time I killed him, he respawned and took me out.
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: February 25, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »

I would have played AoS more, but it seemed like half of every team dedicated hours to collapsing massive sections of building and cliff from under their teammates.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: February 25, 2012, 08:54:19 pm »

I would have played AoS more, but it seemed like half of every team dedicated hours to collapsing massive sections of building and cliff from under their teammates.
Apparently they became tired of that, because I hardly ever see that kind of thing.
Getting people to work together is still a pain in the ass on all but the servers with more realistic maps (like the WWII servers).
The teamwork issues should get some fixin when wave spawn is released in the next update.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: February 25, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »

I think I quit around the shotgun buff. Before, it was hilariously weak. Now it's hilariously powerful.
I should start playing again come to think of it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

Had my Ph.D qualifying exam today.  Instead of the trainwreck I expected it to be it was just a carwreck.

Anyway, computational theory part... I didn't quite figure out how to prove that a program reducer would let you decide ATM.  Which means I all but certainly failed that part of the exam.

Really have a love hate relationship with computational theory.  Mostly hate.  It's cool stuff but the tedium and mind numbingness of it is not worth it.

And rage because I spent time studying this question, but apparently not enough.  I specifically recall thinking, "Nah, I've got this if they ask."  Apparenty not!
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #9325 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »

I looked at the amount of work I have to do for 0.2 of my mod for CKII, damnit. Oh well, diving in.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Derpy NPCs in Fallen Earth.

Here I am trying to kill
Spoiler: This bastard (click to show/hide)
which I should have been able to do without it even getting into attack range, except just as I'm about to disrupt it, an NPC walks right in front of me, so I waste my disrupt and have a very angry spider attempting to eat my face.

I really wish you could kill NPCs in this game.
*Hugs*

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: February 26, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »

I learned why sonic satam was canned :(   Damn you power-rangers! Damn you and your goofy suits!
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: February 26, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »

my cat is less subtle.
MEOW!
*strokes*
*cat wanders off to food bowl*
*cat returns*
MEOW!
*strokes*
*cat wanders off to food bowl again*
puss, if you want attention stand still!
MEOW!
My dog walks around with her food bowl in her mouth.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: February 26, 2012, 06:13:40 pm »

my cat is less subtle.
MEOW!
*strokes*
*cat wanders off to food bowl*
*cat returns*
MEOW!
*strokes*
*cat wanders off to food bowl again*
puss, if you want attention stand still!
MEOW!
My dog walks around with her food bowl in her mouth.

My cat paws beneath my doorframe like a deranged murderous spirit and scares the shit out of me when I'm not paying attention, or otherwise makes an absolute mess of my kitchen by spilling food and water EVERYWHERE, while being perfectly clean, dry, and somehow smelling of lavender.

HOW THE FFFFUUUUUUU-
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3345