Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693421 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fistfuls of Hair Edition
« Reply #9030 on: February 15, 2012, 12:06:21 pm »

The only thing is, I'm so busy right now that I don't have time for a pet. I have a three year old kid, isn't that enough?

Ah, so you DO have a pet! The most dangerous pet.

Hopefully you can temper your bloodlust for human flesh during the time it takes to raise him. :P

Although a good dog can actually free up a lot of time on the kid front. I use to know someone who was basically just "okay kids, meet Ollie the border collie. He'll make sure you don't wander to far and come get me if anything goes wrong. Have fun!"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »

I heard the Caucasian Sheepdog is especially useful for that purpose.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: February 15, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »

sea cucumber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*gags uncontrollably*

...why?
Ask the Japanese. Not saying it was good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9033 on: February 15, 2012, 01:04:00 pm »

sea cucumber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*gags uncontrollably*

...why?
Ask the Japanese. Not saying it was good.
Wait, so this food isn't normal for you guys? :P

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: February 15, 2012, 03:09:35 pm »

When I was 12 or 13, we went to California for a 3 day field trip, and on the second day we went on a 3 hour boat ride, and the taught us how to lower a net and drag it along the bottom of the ocean and we caught a few sea cucumbers, a lobster, some sea sponge and I think thats it, but then we got to play with them for the next hour or so.
Sea Cucumbers are incredibly light weight.
and before you comment about how your school didn't have awesome fieldtrips like that, this was because I was in a special program for super smart kids, there were only 10 or so kids in the program out of the 3 nearest schools.  once a week I had to take a bus to a different school. 
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: February 15, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

When I was 12 or 13, we went to California for a 3 day field trip, and on the second day we went on a 3 hour boat ride, and the taught us how to lower a net and drag it along the bottom of the ocean and we caught a few sea cucumbers, a lobster, some sea sponge and I think thats it, but then we got to play with them for the next hour or so.
and before you comment about how your school didn't have awesome fieldtrips like that, this was because I was in a special program for super smart kids, there were only 10 or so kids in the program out of the 3 nearest schools.  once a week I had to take a bus to a different school. 
meh my middle school gave us our boating safety permits in Michigan and i got to drove a patrol boat so :P

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: February 15, 2012, 03:13:39 pm »

meh my middle school gave us our boating safety permits in Michigan and i got to drove a patrol boat so :P
but this was when I was in 5th grade
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:20 pm »

Way to use them smart kids, teach them to be fishermen.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: February 15, 2012, 03:16:27 pm »

this was because I was in a special program for super smart kids, there were only 10 or so kids in the program out of the 3 nearest schools.
I always hated those.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: February 15, 2012, 03:18:51 pm »

but this was when I was in 5th grade
5th grade my teacher taught a afterschool survival lesson. i learn how to start a fire with my michigan surroundings, make shelter, use a compass, star charts, make a simple line trap....

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: February 15, 2012, 03:19:09 pm »

I liked them. We'd occasionally get pizza or something, while we read higher level books and had group discussions. Used to make the other kids hella jealous. Although we often had to miss recess because of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:52 pm »

We sat in a room and did logic problems. Or in the earlier grades, we munched on snacks and laid around on beanbag chairs while our pretty GT teacher played the hammer dulcimer and read the Narnia books and Madeline L'Engle to us. Shit was so cash in elementary school. I remember making a "Race to Cair Paravel" board game, and somebody else made a serphim plushie.

Although one time in 6th grade my AG class did go panning for gold.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: February 15, 2012, 03:40:23 pm »

the day of the week that I'd go to the other school for my special classes was the day of the week they taught typing to all the other kids, so I didn't know how to type until 10th grade or so.
but that class taught me algebra a few years before I took algebra so then I didn't need to take pre algebra and was a year ahead in math, which allowed me to take calculus in highschool, which is normally a college class.
I wrote a paper on time travel in 6th grade.
all in all the class have VERY unconventional teaching methods and just taught us how to think outside the box.
(like we learned algebra as a game, and it wasn't until after we learned most of it that we were told it was even math)
I remember we had a language analyses part. where we were given a message in a made up alien language and split into groups, and we had to figure out what it meant, then every day we were given an additional message until we were able to translate it.
we played a lot of the games that were like, "you have to figure out what the rule is, and no one can tell you"
I'd feel stupid when I was one of the last people to figure it out, but sometimes I figured it out fast.
Spoiler: examples of said games (click to show/hide)

each year there was a theme for the whole year,  the year we went to california and on the fishing boat, the theme was the ocean, we also went to seaworld on that trip, and that year I wrote a paper on manatees,
there was a year based on flight, and we had a airplane competition, where we had to build paper airplanes and had to compete in a series of events with them, (who could go the farthest, who could go the highest, and who could stay in the air the longest)
I could talk about that class all day, I really enjoyed it and it really helped to open my mind.
also mind you this class was from 3rd grade to 6th grade.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:48:51 pm by Valid_Dark »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9043 on: February 15, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

In my AP classes it was just me and 3 attractive young women and we would play logic games, board games all day once a week.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: February 15, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »

In my AP classes it was just me and 3 attractive young women and we would play logic games, board games all day once a week.
Somehow AP classes just gave a reason for people to dick around more, i don't think we ever had a serious day other than the exam :P
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 3345