Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694231 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Digital Warfare Edition
« Reply #8940 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:40 pm »

TF2 and port forwarding.

TF2, Y U NO LET ME PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS?

PORTS, Y U NO FORWARD?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:51 pm »

TF2 and port forwarding.

PORTS, Y U NO FORWARD?
Router: LOL U MAD?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8942 on: February 14, 2012, 12:37:36 pm »

TF2 and port forwarding.

PORTS, Y U NO FORWARD?
SOMAD

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: February 14, 2012, 12:38:00 pm »

Now, Vector, are they actually stupid or just ignorant? Recursion is like a super easy concept, so it seems more likely they've simply yet to see a good explanation if they're actually in classes with you.

Or they could just be morons.

That is not fine, 10 degrees is not fine, dumpster diving is not fine. Homelessness is not fine, in any way shape or form.
Generalities are bad - some types of homelessness are okay. You know, the voluntary/semi-voluntary kind? Those kinds tend to be harmed by your sort of absolutist attitude, that what they're doing is never okay.
And from experience 10 degrees is a ton more okay than, ya know, cold weather. Though admittedly if it weren't the fucking cops kicking me out of everywhere I would have been fine even then...

You know what rage I've got now? Fucking cops. Why couldn't they just let me fucking sleep, the bastards? No, waking me up in the middle of the night, telling me they don't care where I go as long as I go somewhere else because they don't want to be responsible for something bad happening to me (HAHA, yeah right, that's totally your motivation), when it's fucking cold out and I just want to huddle under my fucking blankets. I'm not fucking bothering anyone, I'd been there for two months and that was the first time anyone fucking noticed, but nooo, can't have someone sleeping out in a semi-public space. Fuckers.

You know what sucks the most about being homeless? Fucking people, especially the fucking police. Being homeless is actually overall not too bad until the fucking pigs start kicking up shit, so long as the weather is nice. (and 10 degrees is nice)

Now, starvation, extreme poverty, both of these are things you can rail against without me having a problem with it, but your attitude on the homeless reeks of the sort of "scoop em up and stuff 'em in shelters or public housing" attitude that ruins the lives many homeless people are trying to put back together.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »

Sick and tired of being, well, sick and tired. 3 weeks ago, I had a sore throat. Then a runny nose+sneezing+sinus congestion. Now I've got a goddamn cough, with the occasional runny nose.

Also, two of my good pairs of pants somehow ripped in the wash, right on the bottom, around the taint region. Now I only have 3 pairs left, and I haven't been able to do laundry in over a week. And then last night, one of the remaining pairs got caught on that plate of the doorjam where the doorknob sets in, and nearly ripped off one of the belt loops.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »

TF2 and port forwarding.

PORTS, Y U NO FORWARD?
SOMAD
You tried just opening the ports instead of forwarding it to your network ip?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: February 14, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »

Roommate left house empty with lights on and the door unlocked, while the chance of anything happening was rather slim there was quite a lot of stuff in here, especially the three laptops that were right there in the living room.

Another reason to move out, and really having anywhere to go :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »

I hate MPI now.  Just had a nice long 6 hour programming session for a fairly straightforward homework assignment.  It wouldn't be so bad if literally all of the online help I've found wasn't just awful.

Yes, API references are nice.  But they're better when they tell me what the heck parameters are actually used for.  Even better are examples that weren't written for a version of C that's 30 years old.  Or examples that you know... work?  Or comments in examples that explain what the flip is going on.

It took me 3 hours to realize that I was using MPI_Scatter wrong and trying to scatter too much data.  And of course I can't use GDB to debug this, since it's multi process.  Valgrind was helpful enough to tell me that I had erroneous memory accesses in MPI_Scatter, but it couldn't tell me I was using the API wrong, of course.

Argh... at least it's over and done with now.  The MPI version runs slower than the sequential version but I'm not overly concerned.  It works.  And the homework assignment didn't specify that it had to run faster...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: February 14, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Sick and tired of being, well, sick and tired. 3 weeks ago, I had a sore throat. Then a runny nose+sneezing+sinus congestion. Now I've got a goddamn cough, with the occasional runny nose.

I feel your pain. I've been ill with some unknown condition for 4 months :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »

No, these people are actually, genuinely stupid.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: February 14, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

I know this feeling too, I once got laughed at in college for reading a book. Lol.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: February 14, 2012, 03:42:28 pm »

I remember once in a media class a girl had the temerity to ask "Why should we care about Afghanistan?"

I must have scared some people with my response, I was so fucking pissed. Nothing like hearing some blonde teen beauty queen express how willfully ignorant she is. Cause hey, it's just billions of dollars of your money, hundreds of American lives, thousands of dead brown people, all for a war you're too fucking special to think critically about.

It's reasons like that why I never pursued my major. I was pretty sure I couldn't get through it without throttling some awareness into some stupid schmuck. That was the "next generation" of crack news teams, right there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »

I remember once in a media class a girl had the temerity to ask "Why should we care about Afghanistan?"

I must have scared some people with my response, I was so fucking pissed. Nothing like hearing some blonde teen beauty queen express how willfully ignorant she is. Cause hey, it's just billions of dollars of your money, hundreds of American lives, thousands of dead brown people, all for a war you're too fucking special to think critically about.

It's reasons like that why I never pursued my major. I was pretty sure I couldn't get through it without throttling some awareness into some stupid schmuck. That was the "next generation" of crack news teams, right there.
She has a point though, why should we care for a country that has no strategic advantages to us at all.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: February 14, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »

I once had a girl ask me 'Who is Korea?'

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: February 14, 2012, 03:50:13 pm »

Are their parents rich alumni? If their parents are rich alumni it probably explains why they got in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 3345