Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696528 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Digital Warfare Edition
« Reply #8790 on: February 06, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »

You mean you aren't required to provide identification when you make such a claim?
I would think that would be required, otherwise any dumb kid could just make a claim on any video he didn't like to take it down and that would be...

Oh. Damn.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: February 06, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »

From what I recall, they do, in fact, need to provide some sort of info, though it may just be that the info required is too minor/easily faked to be of any use.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:24 pm »

There are numerous "companies" that do nothing but flag peoples videos.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: February 07, 2012, 03:20:30 pm »

Blasted Microsoft.  You don't let anybody make an iso of a product install cd available that still needs a legitimate, genuine windows product key to be used, but when a professional computer service technician contacts you to buy a replacement installation cd so that they can fix your error prone, badly designed software, you refuse to sell it.  No wonder people pirate your shit.

(Client needs XP Media center edition reinstalled, turns out one of our install cds has become unreadable, no iso can be found online short of pirate bay, and microsoft refuses to send us a replacement.  Bah.  Stop being so draconian about old software that "is not supported anymore" and stop shutting everyone down who makes an iso available.  Especially when you still can't use it without a genuine windows key.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:26:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: February 07, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »

Dude just download it, like the customer would even care, its not illegal because they bought the product so they did cough up for it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: February 07, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »

If you've got a legal key, it doesn't matter where the heck you have the software from as long as its not cracked.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: February 07, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »

Dude just download it, like the customer would even care, its not illegal because they bought the product so they did cough up for it.
Downloading it isn't illegal (AFAIK), but if you are going to be using torrents, you will be helping distribute it, which is illegal.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:06:52 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: February 07, 2012, 04:03:59 pm »

I have a few legal keys from years ago, and they no longer work. I've bought xp 3 times and refuse to buy it again.

And with torrents you can always download with out uploading.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: February 07, 2012, 04:06:42 pm »

I have a few legal keys from years ago, and they no longer work. I've bought xp 3 times and refuse to buy it again.

And with torrents you can always download with out uploading.
Yeah, but that's kind of a dickish thing to do.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: February 07, 2012, 04:07:38 pm »

Most of the time your input in uploading will be neglible anyway unless you continously keep the torrent open, there are people with better upload than you or theres more seeders than nessesary.

Alternately, just make a iso of the stupid thing as soon as you have it. Backups are important.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: February 07, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

No, Mr. TA, posting additional unintuitive assignment requirements that only apply to the people in your section in the reply to an unrelated question buried deep in the course discussion board does not count as "clearly explained ahead of time".

Yes, that discussion board is there for my benefit. No, that does not mean it is or was my responsibility to read every single one of the hundreds of inane questions and replies on the board just in case you spontaneously decided to post something like that there.

I don't care how little the assignment was worth or that I'm otherwise doing well in the course. The fact that you're pulling that as an excuse to penalize me for your own oversight makes my respect for you drop even further.

>:(

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: February 07, 2012, 04:12:06 pm »

Most of the time your input in uploading will be neglible anyway unless you continously keep the torrent open, there are people with better upload than you or theres more seeders than nessesary.

Alternately, just make a iso of the stupid thing as soon as you have it. Backups are important.

I have all the original disks,  and the original keys, they just.... don't work anymore.
the disks work fine, can be used to reformat / reinstall xp, but the keys just stopped working one day.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:35:14 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8802 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:35 pm »

Microsoft keys expire for a couple reasons.

1: they are limited to 3 hardware configuration changes each.

2: some types of keys may expire over time, but I am not certain about the details. One of my 2 windows 7 keys is no longer valid even though I never used it, except the one install that didn't work.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: February 07, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »

So I buy a nice, new NVidia GTX 560 Ti graphics card from Asus, to replace an integrated chip.

I boot up one of my more intensive games (Lag from the integrated even in windowed mode at the lowest settings possible.) and set the settings to high (This is supposed to be a near-top-of-the-line card).

It works perfectly, until a couple of minutes later when the entire computer shuts down for no reason whatsoever, requiring me to reset the memory in order to boot it up again.

It ain't heat, the thing was cold, so what happened?

I suspect an under-powered PSU(250 Watts), but I'm not sure, the other option is my processor, an AMD Athalon II x2 250 dual-core (~3.0GHz). Did I buy a card that my current system just can't handle?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #8804 on: February 07, 2012, 05:44:31 pm »

So I buy a nice, new NVidia GTX 560 Ti graphics card from Asus, to replace an integrated chip.

I boot up one of my more intensive games (Lag from the integrated even in windowed mode at the lowest settings possible.) and set the settings to high (This is supposed to be a near-top-of-the-line card).

It works perfectly, until a couple of minutes later when the entire computer shuts down for no reason whatsoever, requiring me to reset the memory in order to boot it up again.

It ain't heat, the thing was cold, so what happened?

I suspect an under-powered PSU(250 Watts), but I'm not sure, the other option is my processor, an AMD Athalon II x2 250 dual-core (~3.0GHz). Did I buy a card that my current system just can't handle?

O_O

250W? It recommends at least 400, for it alone.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 3345