Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699243 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TOILET RAEG Edition
« Reply #8355 on: January 11, 2012, 01:55:29 am »

So, the incredibly stressful shift at work where I'm the bottleneck for everything. Going along, find out that all of the bags of one of our controlled substances (meaning a bunch of paperwork) expired the day before. Fine, no worries, I figure, I don't think we've ever dispensed one of these in the entire time I've been here. Plenty of time to reorder this. Not 5 minutes later, an order for 6 prints. First one due to be delivered in 5 minutes. Cue mental Rageguy.

Note to self: Never get optimistic.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: January 11, 2012, 02:40:06 am »

I've found something interesting...

So, CBS is one of the major groups that supports SOPA, right?

Turns out, a subsidiary (Or something, I'm not sure of the correct term...) of CBS called CNET openly distributed piracy software!

Here's the lawsuit over it!

It happens a lot. Sarkozy was found to have made 400 illegal copies of a DVD of a documentary (a documentary about... Sarkozy! Guess he's very pleased to have met himself), and torrent seeds were traced to the Elysee palace.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:44 am »

Shots fired next door for the second night in a row. We suspect the new neighbors of cooking meth, as well, but the wife forbade me from blowing their house up.
So you can't blow it up.........
BURN IT DOWN.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:19 am »

Shots fired next door for the second night in a row. We suspect the new neighbors of cooking meth, as well, but the wife forbade me from blowing their house up.
So you can't blow it up.........
BURN IT DOWN.

I wish. She's proactively banned me from destroying the house in any manner and/or injuring anyone inside unless absolutely necessary. *sigh* Oh, did I mention that the police in this town are utterly useless?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 11, 2012, 02:55:05 am »

One could argue that all law enforcement officers are useless in comparison to MaximumHero.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:17 am »

Obviously the correct answer is to seal all their doors, windows, etc. with the strongest adhesive you can find and let the problem sort itself out.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:28 am »

Obviously the correct answer is to seal all their doors, windows, etc. with the strongest adhesive you can find and let the problem sort itself out.
Reminds me of that one Darwin Award winner who farted himself to death by sealing his house up and eating beans.

But, I'm all for burning said house down. Perhaps you could mine under it, except for a single pillar, link that pillar to a lever and then (A) Pull The Lever.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: January 11, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »

Coordinate systems.
1. Hrm, a simple scale, rotation and translation should be what we need. *does it* Hmm, still doesn't look quite right. (T*R*S matrix)
2. Ah! It's because it needs to be translated before that stuff, as we need the origin in the center! (T2*R*S*T1 matrix)
3. Told by group member we need to do an offset relative to object in another coordinate system followed by another scaling, with values which may or may not be getting set correctly in code. FML.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: January 11, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

..what I should do about the house next door..

pffff...hehehehe. Thanks, guys, that brightened my day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: January 12, 2012, 03:17:00 am »

Program cannot launch because shell32.dll is missing from your system... Ooooops. Simple fix, since I had the sense to back it up before I messed around with it, but my Linux LiveCD is bugging out, too, apparently, so I have to reinstall that first. Goddamn fetch quests.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: January 12, 2012, 10:31:13 pm »

Program cannot launch because shell32.dll is missing from your system... Ooooops. Simple fix, since I had the sense to back it up before I messed around with it, but my Linux LiveCD is bugging out, too, apparently, so I have to reinstall that first. Goddamn fetch quests.
While you're out, grab 10 wolf pelts and FreeBSD on a 3 1/2 floppy disk. You'll need them for the next quest.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #8366 on: January 13, 2012, 05:09:11 am »

Trying to submit coursework, page keeps freezing the whole browser. It worked like 2 minutes ago.

EDIT: Still fucked. You'd think an application for a university of 5000 students would be a little more robust.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:58:31 am by Simmura McCrea »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: January 13, 2012, 12:24:55 pm »

Pfft.  You would think that, but I know my university at least has some pretty unreliable networks and software.  I went from a university of ~2,000 students to one with ~10,000 and the problems I encountered got proportionally worse.  The dropbox system they use is pretty bad, and is apparently even worse for the instructors.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: January 13, 2012, 03:55:37 pm »

Just found out that the arts supplement for the CommonApp requires a letter of recommendation from a "teacher who is familiar with my work." There's only one teacher who is familiar with my work, and he doesn't own a computer and won't be back in town until Monday (the day AFTER the deadline). Why the hell did I not get this stuff locked down last week?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: January 13, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »

I hated Dropbox, Secure Assignment and the other digital submission stuff for college. It always seemed a little fishy to me. I mean, one stated goal was combat plagiarism using digital methods. But doesn't basically handing tons of your academic work over to some database who keeps it indefinitely pretty much open to the same kind of abuse?

Luckily it was only starting as I was graduating so I didn't have to do it in more than a couple classes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 3345