Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699305 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TOILET RAEG Edition
« Reply #8340 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:35 pm »

I thought every protestant church did communion.

I know the two I've been part of did / do.  Once a year, I think.

Anyway, I can also attest that based on the people I've met in church at least, cramming Jesus down people's throats isn't going to prevent a whole lot.  Shouldn't be a big surprise.

Anyway, mini rage: I should be working right now but I'm instead reading the DF forums.  When did I get so freaking lazy and why can't I fix it?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8341 on: January 10, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »

Southern Baptists (a type of protestant) don't do communion, for much the same reason they only allow empty crosses as symbols.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: January 10, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »

I will say that I have very little knowledge of southern baptist traditions. All of the baptists I've known personally are non-southern. And I wouldn't really feel very accepted/comfortable walking into a southern baptists church and admitting even my historical denomination's name. I'm rooted in a rather potent heresy to them, and they would likely try to convert me. And that's not even taking into consideration my political leanings, just my theological ones.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8343 on: January 10, 2012, 04:30:04 pm »

LOL. you and I are definitely heretics to them, albeit in different ways.

Southern Baptist was my mothers childhood religion before she got dragged into the Independent Fundamentalist Churches by my father, and what she tried to go back to after the divorce but was never really accepted. Eventually she settled in with a liberal Methodist church.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:51 pm »

I know my church (Methodist, and a fairly liberal seeming one at that.) has communion once a month.

With real bread, not some wafers that taste like packing peanuts.

Heck, they don't care if you aren't Methodist, Protestant, Christian, or even religious at all, they'll welcome you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:02:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: January 10, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »

I thought every protestant church did communion.
The Salvation Army (church edition) doesn't do communion. And neither do they baptize. They just tell people to do it somewhere else.

I have done communion once, and it was a race to the glass so I would be first (don't wanna drink someones STD's)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: January 10, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »

I've done communion several times, during the pre-confirmation year even though I was never confirmated (I quit during the year) which I heard later was wrong and the communion on the confirmation-day should be the first, or something.

Oh, and about the STD's. All priests should just start using the dip-wafer/bread-in-the-win-and-pass-it style which priests are supposed to use here (though not all do) instead. Much, much healthier.
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: January 10, 2012, 05:42:34 pm »

Both a WTF and a RAAAAAAGE. 

Person's computer dies, the harddrive still seems good though so we tell the person we'll get all their data backed up off of their drive for them.  Seems easy enough, just remove a panel and take out the hard drive.

But no.  This is a DELL.  A dell inspiron N5110 to be exact.  I have to take the entire laptop apart to the MOTHERBOARD to get to the damn hard drive.  And I even have to remove the motherboard because it's on the BACK of it.

Dell is clearly the anti-christ.  When the dis-assembly instructions tell you to 'carefully pry' some engineer someplace is trolling you.  I actually had more luck with a butterfly knife than my real tools for most of the operations.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »

Aaaaannnndddd this is why you never buy pre-builts. I remember my old eMachines, the case was custom designed to fit a non-standard mobo design. I only found this out after I'd purchased new parts for a complete overhaul. Proprietary parts are the devil.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:27:05 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: January 10, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »

I've found something interesting...

So, CBS is one of the major groups that supports SOPA, right?

Turns out, a subsidiary (Or something, I'm not sure of the correct term...) of CBS called CNET openly distributed piracy software!

Here's the lawsuit over it!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: January 10, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Your point? Limewire was in a lot of places and was popular, its no surprise it made its way to CNet's download place, and wasn't piracy software. It was file-sharing software, which was used mostly by pirates. File-sharinng software by itself is not illegal, otherwise you could sue microsoft for having a copy function in Windows.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:30:01 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: January 10, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

I think the copy function is a bad comparison because making copies isn't the same as sharing.

Emails, though? Yeah.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: January 10, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »

They both make duplicates, one just makes a lot of pieces of said duplicate as a second step. Though I'd agree that isn't the best comparison, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: January 10, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »

Sorry. I would think that a supreme court decision that distributors of file-sharing software are liable for piracy using said software would count for something.

MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. 545 U.S. 913 (2005) is a United States Supreme Court decision in which the Court unanimously held that defendant P2P file sharing companies Grokster and Streamcast (maker of Morpheus) could be sued for inducing copyright infringement for acts taken in the course of marketing file sharing software. The plaintiffs were a consortium of 28 of the largest entertainment companies (led by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studios).

The entire case.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: January 11, 2012, 01:18:53 am »

Shots fired next door for the second night in a row. We suspect the new neighbors of cooking meth, as well, but the wife forbade me from blowing their house up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 3345