Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699004 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TOILET RAEG Edition
« Reply #8325 on: January 10, 2012, 01:33:27 am »

The thing is, it doesn't really matter what system or ruleset you use, so long as the experience is fun. Sometimes, people don't want to put a story together, and just want to go crunch some skeletons, and that's fine. Sometimes, people want political intrigue, and military stuff, and all sorts of other stuff. And that's fine, too. The big thing is that it all comes down to fun.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: January 10, 2012, 01:42:45 am »

The thing is, it doesn't really matter what system or ruleset you use, so long as the experience is fun. Sometimes, people don't want to put a story together, and just want to go crunch some skeletons, and that's fine. Sometimes, people want political intrigue, and military stuff, and all sorts of other stuff. And that's fine, too. The big thing is that it all comes down to fun.

And that's fine if people just want to min/max and roll dice.  I can understand the fun in it on occasion.  I think a good system doesn't have to be so limited in scope.  In my experience, actual role-play in D&D occurs outside the scope of or in spite of the game system.  My major frustration is it's near impossible to find players who are willing to try anything other than D&D or White Wolf.  It's even harder to find DMs who run anything else.  I'm not a very good DM :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:52 am »

I love D&D 3.5. It has nigh-infinite splatbook content and actually works, unlike 3.0. 4e went too far on the balancing, in my opinion. Everyone is just a different flavor of the same class.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: January 10, 2012, 01:45:08 am »

Man I'm kind of mad now for not really any reason at all. I mean I'm eating my favorite snacks and I'm listening to my favorite music but I'm still mildly irritated.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8329 on: January 10, 2012, 01:48:38 am »

Man I'm kind of mad now for not really any reason at all. I mean I'm eating my favorite snacks and I'm listening to my favorite music but I'm still mildly irritated.

I'm listening to music with a vengeance right now. Don't even know why. New year?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:32 am »

My mom is making me rage again :/  She announced to me yesterday that I'm going to miss a day of school in February for our family vacation.  That would be fine in public school or maybe an easier college, but the college I'm attending now goes on a "one class a week" schedule and most teachers use lecturing as their main means of teaching.  In other words, missing a day to turn in homework and hear that lecture can really, really hurt.  I'm going to explain this to my mom, and she's probably going to flip out at me for saying school and my future are more important than spending yet another day with our family.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:25 am »

there's an irritating loud pop halfway through Lilywhite on my vinyl copy of A Lamb Lies Down on Broadway /firstworldproblems
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8332 on: January 10, 2012, 12:27:15 pm »

HAHAHHAAHAA.

The work interrupting the work that was interrupting work that I have had on back log is about to get interrupted by more work from the boss in charge of my low priority backlog with super high priority. Why? Because I think all 4 of my bosses got it in their mind that I am the expert on everything.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:42 pm »

Kinda irritated at the morning meeting at work yesterday. The boss was going on about how the gunshot sensors around the neighborhood were a complete waste of money(which, to be honest, they are), and that the only way to reduce crime(I think "anywhere" was implied the way he said it) is to cram Jesus down their throats. His exact words, "not even if you had Mechwarrior robots walking down the streets" it wouldn't help. Honestly hoping to put that theory to the test, I really am. I usually get pissed whenever he talks.

Also getting a bit irritated with my Game Boy Color emulator. Trying to trade Pokemon(I got Gold, Silver, and Crystal on my PC, but no R/B/Y so no 100% completion :() between two running copies BGB(which it supports), and I'm finding that it keeps corrupting the data transfer, resulting in serious glitching. And I'm not yet trying to hack the Pokemon themselves. And I'm pissed since the library filters out anything to do with emulation sites, so I can't find a new emulator.

I'm listening to music with a vengeance right now. Don't even know why. New year?
2012 is RAEG year. Plus Apocalypse.

Why? Because I think all 4 of my bosses got it in their mind that I am the expert on everything.
Yeah, I hate it when people think that. Just because I am an expert on everything doesn't mean I am an expert on everything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: January 10, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »

the only way to reduce crime(I think "anywhere" was implied the way he said it) is to cram Jesus down their throats. His exact words, "not even if you had Mechwarrior robots walking down the streets" it wouldn't help.
Time to steal a bunch of communion wafers?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: January 10, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »

the only way to reduce crime(I think "anywhere" was implied the way he said it) is to cram Jesus down their throats. His exact words, "not even if you had Mechwarrior robots walking down the streets" it wouldn't help.
Time to steal a bunch of communion wafers?
It's not a Catholic organization. He doesn't claim to part of any kind of denomination, saying that there's only one way to worship Jesus(basically, his way).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »

That is unfortunate, for the purposes of this joke. I know a bunch of protestant churches do communion-type stuff as well, so it was a guess. So you can't literally shove Jesus down anybody's throat (presumably because he doesn't want to shell out for the wafers and wine). Bluh, well, good luck on getting out of what can only be described as a hellhole.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:43 pm »

I thought every protestant church did communion.
Love, scriver~

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:53 pm »

Career Planning class requiring me to use a planner and specifically organized shit for grades. Yes, I know, having a planner and organizing stuff is a good thing, but checking it for grades? It's like I'm in third goddamn grade all over again, and I'm probably going to fail because I can't maintain a planner worth shit. To me, a planner is just another piece of crap to lug around that I don't need and will never use for anything other than what's necessary to pass this damn class.

And then we're supposed to have a separate binder for the class in specific, with 5 organization tabs - as opposed to my usual method of paper organizing, which is 'shove everything into a 3-ring-binder and then sort through it a week or so before a test'. And she's checking that for grades too. The second worst part about this is, I know how this is supposed to work, I know how it's supposed to help people remember and find things, but for me, it just doesn't. And I know trying to argue the point will only get me in a shitload of trouble.

The worst part is, this is a school where they let you go to actual universities to take classes while you're in highschool. And they still make you take a class to learn how to organize and plan shit like you're in the damn third grade. I have aced Calculus 2, described by many to be the hardest undergrad calculus class to take, and I am probably going to fail this stupid class because I don't-can't-won't organize my shit the way the teacher's going to like it.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: January 10, 2012, 03:34:31 pm »

I thought every protestant church did communion.
This is true, I believe that all protestant churches do perform communion. However, there is a greater emphasis placed on the communion within the catholic church. There is more weight placed on the proper ceremony, and it is emphasized as a responsibility. Priests will actively go out to home bound parishioners to bring them into communion with portable kits for the wine and wafers. In any protestant denomination I've been in it rarely happens more than once a month, whereas a catholic church will take it every week (I believe?). There have been year-long stretches where I have not taken communion at all due to scheduling conflicts, and no one has expressed concern for my soul. That's the general difference.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 3345