Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698016 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Applesauce on pork chops is disgusting (imho), although my wife likes them that way. For that matter, sour cream on steak is....interesting. I can't say as I've ever actually thought of that before. If something's bland, I tend to use tonkatsu sauce as an all-purpose garnish. Even my kids are hooked on it, preferring it to ketchup.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Applesauce cooked into (as a/part of a marinade or glaze) ham is delicious. I haven't actually tried applesauce as a, well, sauce, though.

The way most porkchops are cooked, though, I could see the textures interfering, and the sort of applesauce would matter, too. The thought of cinnamon applesauce with porkchop makes me salivate a little. Ham or bacon is a different story, though. Not as much texture clash.

E: Don't think I've had tonkatsu sauce before. Will have to pick some up, if they offer it nearby. Looks similar to a fairly thick teriyaki sauce I was fond of and can't find anymore.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:01:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

When I had my wisdom teeth out, it was only one side. But the Novocaine injection didn't really take the first time. One would think the first injection would make the second injection less painful, especially after 10 or so minutes. Oh no. Not at all. The only thing worse than your first Novocaine injection is your SECOND Novocaine injection when the dentist didn't think they did a thorough enough job the first time. So they wrench that needle around in your gums to open it up, to increase the speed at which it gets absorbed.

I've never wanted to call a medical professional a mother fucker to their face, but that was one instance. Luckily for us both it would have just come out as "U muffamucker!!!111"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Strange, I've enjoyed having applesauce on pork chops a number of times.  Of course, it's always homemade applesauce, which has a very different flavor.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

When I had my wisdom teeth out, it was only one side. But the Novocaine injection didn't really take the first time. One would think the first injection would make the second injection less painful, especially after 10 or so minutes. Oh no. Not at all. The only thing worse than your first Novocaine injection is your SECOND Novocaine injection when the dentist didn't think they did a thorough enough job the first time. So they wrench that needle around in your gums to open it up, to increase the speed at which it gets absorbed.

I've never wanted to call a medical professional a mother fucker to their face, but that was one instance. Luckily for us both it would have just come out as "U muffamucker!!!111"
all 4 extractions, he stabbed that needle everywhere from the gums to the roof of my mouth and I swear he jammed that damn thing in my tongue. News to all dentists though, my molars have deep roots to the point novocaine ain't doing shit.

For the food guys, the correct way to add condiments is taste the food first. It shows that you tried first before you bitch. What you throw on it I really don't care except "hmm I wonder if I can make that work?"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

@Frumple: It's closer to a thick Worcestershire sauce (because that's basically what it is...a Japanese attempt to make Worcestershire sauce to go with their version of pork cutlet (tonkatsu)). Surprisingly, unlike actual Worcestershire sauce it doesn't have anchovies in it (possibly the ONLY Japanese food item that doesn't have a seafood-based component)  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

all 4 extractions, he stabbed that needle everywhere from the gums to the roof of my mouth and I swear he jammed that damn thing in my tongue. News to all dentists though, my molars have deep roots to the point novocaine ain't doing shit.

I'd already had to deal with that for a cavity, so when I got my wisdom teeth pulled and they asked "Now do you want a local or general an-", I answered pretty strongly.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Tellemurius: I had the same problem with my dentist when he pulled my wisdom teeth. It could be worse, you could be immune to the painkillers they give you after they pull your wisdom teeth. That was a fun series of days. It was the strongest painkiller they could prescribe me, and it did nothing to dull the pain.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Dad lets dog out, dog disappears, dad blames mom for buying dog and orders me to go get the dog back.
EDIT: Why do we have 2 anger threads?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:37:44 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I'd already had to deal with that for a cavity, so when I got my wisdom teeth pulled and they asked "Now do you want a local or general an-", I answered pretty strongly.  :P
There might be a middle ground. IIRC blocking the mandibular nerve is an option in these interventions.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

meh, what's done is done, now im just puking up old blood and feeling smug about what I can't eat.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do we have 2 anger threads?

I don't believe we do. We have a progressive annoyance for things you find annoying, and the RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE thread for angry stuff.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Why do we have 2 anger threads?

Vector's thread is for highfaluting anger about things that society generally should be angry about. It's half rage and half meaningful discussion.

This thread is for your general, every day frustrations which society may or may not honestly care about, but that make you want to punch a hole through drywall.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

Dad lets dog out, dog disappears, dad blames mom for buying dog and orders me to go get the dog back.
That's really shitty... I mean, does the dog even normally get let out on it's own?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Sometimes dogs escape. Our old dog used to try to run out  (par-tay, I guess) whenever he got a chance. Which was most often due to mistakes due to my father. Who blamed my mother and me, as well, when he was going into hysterics.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 3345