Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696905 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8085 on: December 22, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »

Kinda redundant when they can't hit you in the first place.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8086 on: December 22, 2011, 10:03:50 pm »

The jumping is so that the claws don't smack you.
Whaaat.

I just cast super armor on myself, but if I could have done that..
Well, in any case, I killed the crab.

and think about what can be hit.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: December 22, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »

My insomnia seems to be trigger only by anxiety over not being able to get enough sleep.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: December 23, 2011, 12:06:37 am »

Or whale on the sucker...

As I had never seen it written, I always thought the word was wail, but now I realize that neither really makes sense in that expression. How odd.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: December 23, 2011, 12:07:52 am »

I choose to assume that, in this particular case, an actual whale is being used as a bludgeon.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: December 23, 2011, 12:11:51 am »

Yeah, I have no idea what the hint for stage 2-1 means.  On the other hand, I now figured out how to beat monster-crab, so I feel a bit better.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8091 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:26 am »

Limbo.

1: creepy as hell.

2: the first time you die for any given trap is often frightening, I've caught myself jumping and yelling a few times tonight.

3: once you get past that, the puzzles are just finicky and annoying.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: December 23, 2011, 02:33:54 am »

Ahh, really?  Humbug.  If I hadn't already bought what basically amounts to "all the games I'll be able to finish this year, anyway," I would've bought a copy of Limbo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8093 on: December 23, 2011, 10:54:11 am »

Ahh, really?  Humbug.  If I hadn't already bought what basically amounts to "all the games I'll be able to finish this year, anyway," I would've bought a copy of Limbo.

It definitely nails the atmosphere, creepy as hell, but it has zero replay value.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: December 23, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »

I need to wait one day until I finally get Fallout New Vegas as a present...
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: December 24, 2011, 08:37:09 pm »

So I'm out, going to hang out with some friends for christmas, some booze, movies and fun, the usual deal to make it even better. And as we are walking towards a friends place we are being followed by a group of people, I shrug it off as passerbys and nothing important untill one of them stops one of my friends and starts getting aggressive to which my friend responds in equal mesure, she then gets punched, imediatley i storm towards the little fuck (she was lagging behind us a few meters) and start getting vocal and aggressive too.Then the entire group converges upon us, about six or seven snot faced kids against the four of us (three of which are girls). As soon as they realize that their little bitch friend punched a girl they laugh and slowly start to back off.

She had a bloody lip, and the little asshole walked away scot free. So on freaking christmas my only wish right now is to beat every single one of those litlle cunts into a fucking twitching bloody pulp.

Fuck yeah holiday season!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: December 25, 2011, 03:06:01 am »

Can I say I hate the holidays?  I know everyone else is having a great time, and based on how well off my family is, we should be having a great time too.  But we're not.  It's 11:45pm and we're trying to cook and de-giblet the turkey because I forgot to take it out sooner.  And my mom is losing it because she can't handle these worst case scenarios.  Doesn't help that my older brother decided to cook two loaves of banana bread today for no apparent reason, and I actually had to persuade him to clean up the mess.  Heck, a few times he just stood there giggling like an idiot with flour, crumbs, and dirty dishes everywhere.  We got the kitchen cleaned up, but it didn't help anyway.  Mom found a spot in the kitchen we missed, wiped it clean, and complained about how a disaster her kitchen always is and how no one helps her.  As I'm standing there, helping her.

Where's the rest of our family?  Working.  They work for the airport, so it's their solemn duty to make sure everybody else is home for Christmas.  And tomorrow, mom is forcing us all to go to church with some elderly family friends.  A Norwegian Lutheran church whose attendees are in their 70s.  And everyone will be crazy dressed up because it's Christmas.  And it gets worse.  My older brother suffers from a mental illness, and one of his current problems is a fear of being in crowds.  If you take him into public, he starts looking over his shoulder, getting very tense, and says people are talking about him.  He's even said that there's an app in the iPhone store that lets people read his thoughts on their smartphones.  I'm not kidding.  I'm not sure why mom won't consider letting him stay home so he doesn't end up randomly screaming in the middle of the sermon or something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: December 26, 2011, 02:11:48 pm »

My boss has, yet again, shown what an ass he is. Last Monday, he reiterates his demand for us to be like Mr. Disneyland, and also drills into us his rule against less than two female workers in the warehouse at any given time. He said it was for "our protection", both for the girls and the guys.
Protection from what, exactly? Or are you assuming that whenever a lone girl is within 30 feet of any men, without anyone else around, they can do nothing but fuck like rabbits? I'm pretty sure that's cause for a sexual harassment lawsuit right there, from either sex.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: December 26, 2011, 07:21:06 pm »

I think my dad's job is going to make him travel again.  I.e., he may be flying out tomorrow.

He's hardly been home two weeks, and the last time he was here for any space was in September.  I'm pretty unhappy about this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: December 26, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

(message deleted)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:16:08 am by Dr.Feelgood »
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 3345