Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694998 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #7965 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »

Now she's totally fine.

What the fuck, I really dislike it when she comes over.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #7966 on: December 13, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »

Now she's totally fine.

You could have worse, like if she was your biological family.

No getting rid of them.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:22 pm »

Now she's totally fine.

No getting rid of them.
Well you could always take them out back.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: December 13, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »

I'm raging right now because I have the pleasure of trying to submit a mobile app to Apple's app store.  Now it's telling me that there's no valid app in iTunes connect, even though I just made one.

So, what step did I botch Apple?  Is it the bundle identifier?  Is the provisioning profile wrong?  Or did I fubar the distribution certificate?

Seriously Apple, do I need to send off a blood sample to you and a copy of my birth certificate to get this working?  The most hilarious thing is that the instructions on their website are outdated for an older version of XCode.  Terrific.

And people ask me why I don't like Apple.

Code for Android instead~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: December 13, 2011, 11:17:34 pm »

Damn cat butchered another bird under my computer table. How can he be so good at catching them I don't know and why does he insist on carrying their corpses in places where people are likely to step on them despite all attempts to discourage it. Can't stay angry long though, he's so damn cute. Cute, efficient murderer.  :P

You must train the cat to hunt cows so you have have fresh burgers for lunch.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:05 am »

I'm raging right now because I have the pleasure of trying to submit a mobile app to Apple's app store.  Now it's telling me that there's no valid app in iTunes connect, even though I just made one.

So, what step did I botch Apple?  Is it the bundle identifier?  Is the provisioning profile wrong?  Or did I fubar the distribution certificate?

Seriously Apple, do I need to send off a blood sample to you and a copy of my birth certificate to get this working?  The most hilarious thing is that the instructions on their website are outdated for an older version of XCode.  Terrific.

And people ask me why I don't like Apple.

Code for Android instead~

Not my decision, I'm afraid, or else that's precisely what I'd have done.  It's a corporate project.

In truth, I'm doing a version for both Android and Apple.  Both are terrible in their own ways.  Apple has this absolutely horrible provisioning system and has the very, very annoying requirement of having a Mac (which I have to remote into with their broken VNC server...).  Android on the other hand has the absolute worst emulator that has ever existed, and I don't have a real phone to test on (have to borrow from others in the office, which is possible but not a reliable source of a phone).

Android's emulator is so hilariously slow that it takes about 5 minutes to download the app and start it after I hit the run button.  Emulating old hardware.

On the other hand, Apple's simulator runs faster than the actual phone, so I had the fun of figuring out why it was abysmally slow on the real thing.

Ugh... this is my first mobile development project and if I have anything to do with it, it'll be my last.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:37 am »

Is there anything special I should know as far as programming for android goes? I mean, aside from Java. Any special skills to get, any obvious-in-hindsight pitfalls to avoid?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: December 14, 2011, 01:06:45 am »

I don't have as much advice as I wished, I'm afraid.  The reason is that the project I'm building is based on PhoneGap, which is an abstraction layer that lets you use HTML + Javascript to make an app, which then runs inside of a browser window inside of a native app.  It's a pretty neat concept, and with libraries like Sencha Touch, it's pretty powerful.

The end result is that I don't know much about programming the phones directly.

The advice I do have though, is to use a real phone for debugging if at all possible.  The emulator will shorten your life, even with a super computer running it.  I'm all but certain you can access its debug log dump over the sync cable, so there's no downside to using a real phone.

Oh, and I would say that unless you're pretty adept at HTML + Javascript apps already and want to make a cross platform app based on it, I'd avoid the hassle and learn to do it natively.  Sencha Touch is amazing, but it has some infuriating issues that make it incapable of really matching a native app feel.  Animation pops, mostly, and general sluggishness from having to run the Javascript.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: December 14, 2011, 07:41:55 am »

The Incredible 2 was free, so I have that. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:53 am »

Now she's totally fine.

No getting rid of them.

Or she could suffer an !!Unfortunate Accident!!, go comatose, and spend the rest of her life in medical care.

Or you could just not invite her in.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7975 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:05 pm »

Now she's totally fine.

No getting rid of them.

Or she could suffer an !!Unfortunate Accident!!, go comatose, and spend the rest of her life in medical care.

Or you could just not invite her in.

Apparently sisters don't need invites. They just walk in and sit on everything.

And break everything.

:[

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:12 pm »

Fine her for all of broken objects?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: December 14, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »

Former Senator Chris Dodd -- head of the Motion Picture Association of America -- says that China censors its Internet, so we can too:

"When the Chinese told Google that they had to block sites or they couldn't do [business] in their country, they managed to figure out how to block sites."
Quote in an email about SOPA from fightforthefuture.org.  Wow, what a dick.  I want to say something really complicated, something about totalitarian regimes thriving on misinformation and censorship.  But I can't get the words to fit right.  Either way, I'm really annoyed that a Senator would say something really... well, rude >_>

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: December 14, 2011, 11:13:47 pm »

Its a SOPA supporter. They're like the milder tea party of congress right now with their ridiculous claiming and other crap.
More interestingly, Reddit has a timer on their front page for about when it'll be in the House o Reps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 3345