Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693194 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7860 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:23 pm »

Got pissed after reading the newsletter from where I work. In it, they're begging for donations of things like water fountains, computers, roof repairs(I don't recall the roof being damaged). It even lists the prices for such things.

Also in it, my boss(the crooked bastard who writes the newsletter) says that we don't receive funds from the government, any businesses, or any church denomination(bullshit on all three counts), and puts in a story about how a 12-year-old girl ran a lemonade stand to raise $12 for us, and how another young girl broke open her piggy bank. This guy, who I've already said owns a large two-story house, has written stuff that's near-libel before, too.

...lthough I'm slightly worried from damage from the propellant of the compressed air I blasted it with.

A little late on this, but that stuff is fine.  That's what those things are pretty much for.  Though you are supposed to fire it off in short bursts, so the stuff dosn't get cold from some thermal science-y stuff I never paid attention to.
Adiabatic expansion. As a gas expands, it retains the same thermal energy, but the temperature is thermal energy per unit of volume, so the temperature goes down. The effect is strong enough to cause the carbon dioxide from a CO2 fire extinguisher to become solid.

So that's how it works... I had been wondering about that.

Still doesn't explain why the bottom of the canister is always freezing cold, recently used or not.
I dunno, but the can warns against getting the liquid propellant on your skin because of frostbite risk.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7861 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:13 pm »

Got pissed after reading the newsletter from where I work. In it, they're begging for donations of things like water fountains, computers, roof repairs(I don't recall the roof being damaged). It even lists the prices for such things.

Also in it, my boss(the crooked bastard who writes the newsletter) says that we don't receive funds from the government, any businesses, or any church denomination(bullshit on all three counts), and puts in a story about how a 12-year-old girl ran a lemonade stand to raise $12 for us, and how another young girl broke open her piggy bank. This guy, who I've already said owns a large two-story house, has written stuff that's near-libel before, too.

Y'know, local investigative reporters are always looking for things like this. Just saying, could be uncomfortable for the guy if a reporter was to read that and be inspired to go actually fact-check the claims and then make a story out of it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 06, 2011, 01:34:17 pm »

Do it.  Let the media roast him over a spit.  Of course, that's just me.  I hate seeing anyone suffer like you have at that job, I'd want to do almost anything to shake things up and hopefully improve the situation.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: December 06, 2011, 01:36:17 pm »

Let him feel the folly of his lies.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:10 pm »

Time of the exam was confirmed, from 14:00 'till 16:00 which means I can't catch the early afternoon bus, only the one that leaves at 18:00, this means I'll be comming home around 21 or even later.

Things just keep turning out the way I expect them all of a sudden, and I keep expecting the wrost shit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: December 06, 2011, 02:36:15 pm »

Let him feel the folly of his lies.

I, random internet person, think this is a great idea.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 06, 2011, 02:39:25 pm »

Unfortunately, it would probably result in the organization going down, me losing my job there, which would result me being thrown out on the streets, requiring me to rely on such an organization to survive.

Unlike quite a few people, I do try to examine the consequences of my actions more than five minutes ahead of time.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 06, 2011, 03:06:53 pm »

Dude, your best option still is get out of that state. How you do it is up to you: random bro on the internet hooks you up, join the military, etc....

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 06, 2011, 03:13:22 pm »

Unfortunately, it would probably result in the organization going down, me losing my job there, which would result me being thrown out on the streets, requiring me to rely on such an organization to survive.

Unlike quite a few people, I do try to examine the consequences of my actions more than five minutes ahead of time.

That possibility did in fact occur to me. However, from the sound of things, this guy is using a charity as a front for his own personal little piggy bank. Embezzlement sounds like a high probability here. Is the guy the founder and sole board member of the charity? Cause if not, there's no reason the charity need go down just because the director (or whatever he is) gets busted. Continuing to let him slavedrive y'all and profit from it isn't going to accomplish much either.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

Unfortunately stupid bosses continue being stupid bosses, because their employees have no other real options. Quite frankly, this is why society is inequitable: we demand other people sacrifice for our moral standards. This guy loses his job; no one will help him.

Also, once a charity gets busted for some fraud, the brand name is ruined. It will either go down, or take a serious hit.

:(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7870 on: December 06, 2011, 05:51:12 pm »

Unfortunately stupid bosses continue being stupid bosses, because their employees have no other real options. Quite frankly, this is why society is inequitable: we demand other people sacrifice for our moral standards. This guy loses his job; no one will help him.

Also, once a charity gets busted for some fraud, the brand name is ruined. It will either go down, or take a serious hit.

:(

They're already doomed :[

SAVE THE SHARKS ALREADY DAMMIT.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #7871 on: December 06, 2011, 07:31:58 pm »

I just heard the doorbell ring.

When i opened it, all i saw was a Vendetta mask and a note saying

"Anonymous FTW"

Huh?!

Fuck it, ONE time griefer and i manage to get the Anonymous to notice me and attempt to get me to join them.

I may just end up going onto their "Facebook Clone" to troll the trolls.

*cue batman music*

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #7872 on: December 06, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »

Arrrghhhh, on the way to the humane society pet shelter to get a new cat. The car I'm in suddenly runs out of gas and we have to pull over to the side of the highway. After trying to start the car for a couple minutes, I have to get up and walk a few miles along with my mother to a gas station to get gas. We ask them for a gas can so we can bring the gas back to the car, and they say they need something as "collateral" besides ID.

So we give them our only phone as collateral since that was the only thing we had, and we walked another few miles back to the car. Then once we finally get to the car and put the gas in, the battery dies. We then have to walk back again, but luckily a stranger picks us up and drives us to the gas station.

We then call someone to pick us up, and wait another hour to get home. I swear, this shit always somehow happens to me when I'm about to go somewhere.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: December 06, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »

"Anonymous FTW"
Huh?!
Fuck it, ONE time griefer and i manage to get the Anonymous to notice me and attempt to get me to join them.
*cue batman music*
That's amazing man, I can't wait to get my pie creamed out of me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:05 pm »

"Anonymous FTW"
Huh?!
*cue batman music*
That's amazing man, I can't wait to get my pie creamed out of me.

I have no idea what's going on.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3345