Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693107 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7845 on: December 03, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »

So it turns out that the exam that was moved (and allready cost me a very precious day) doesn't have a set time, this means that it can be at 8 AM or 6 PM this could potentially cost me another day, this is not good, this is very very very very very very BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!

Suffice to say my mental health is getting less and less stable by the day, if I don't see and talk to certain people very soon it has the possibility of getting volatile.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Editio
« Reply #7846 on: December 03, 2011, 06:27:36 pm »

Commercial breaks where they raise the volume several levels above the programme's. Because pissing me off before showing your ads won't result in negative reinforcement at all.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7847 on: December 04, 2011, 03:57:54 pm »

If I ever find out where whoever keeps griefing the Terraria servers lives, I will track them down and will fuck their shit up so hard that there'll be nothing left to go to hell afterwards.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7848 on: December 04, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

If I ever find out where whoever keeps griefing the Terraria servers lives, I will track them down and will fuck their shit up so hard that there'll be nothing left to go to hell afterwards.

Ok then.....

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: December 04, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »

Agghhhhh My roomate is getting laid right now but I didn't get a text or a tie on the door or anything telling me he was going to be getting some(don't ask how I found out.)

Now I'm out of my room, with a computer with almost no power, and I really need to do my homework/poop but I can't do either without going into my room first. Way to be more introverted than an internet nerd, roomate!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7850 on: December 04, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »

Agghhhhh My roomate is getting laid right now but I didn't get a text or a tie on the door or anything telling me he was going to be getting some(don't ask how I found out.)

Now I'm out of my room, with a computer with almost no power, and I really need to do my homework/poop but I can't do either without going into my room first. Way to be more introverted than an internet nerd, roomate!

Cold showers? :P

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: December 04, 2011, 06:30:56 pm »

My gods... he's multiplying!

For a less jackassy reply, I'm sorry about that. It sucks when people muck up your plans without having the decency to give you a heads up.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: December 04, 2011, 07:40:34 pm »

I was sad to hear about this. Even on Bay12, it seems like a server can't stay going without griefers unless everyone is identified. Kind of makes me wonder, are there plenty of people here with anonymous dick tendencies, or just lots of lurkers in the game threads. Given the bans and the spectacular flame outs, I would be willing to guess the latter.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: December 04, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »

...lthough I'm slightly worried from damage from the propellant of the compressed air I blasted it with.

A little late on this, but that stuff is fine.  That's what those things are pretty much for.  Though you are supposed to fire it off in short bursts, so the stuff dosn't get cold from some thermal science-y stuff I never paid attention to.

But I've never seen any harm come of it.  And the first thing we do with every computer that enters our repair shop is blow all the dust out with compressed air cans.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:48 am »

Romantic insecurity is not unlike a large, fluffy comforter with holes in it on a winter night with the heat off.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: December 05, 2011, 08:29:22 am »

...lthough I'm slightly worried from damage from the propellant of the compressed air I blasted it with.

A little late on this, but that stuff is fine.  That's what those things are pretty much for.  Though you are supposed to fire it off in short bursts, so the stuff dosn't get cold from some thermal science-y stuff I never paid attention to.
Adiabatic expansion. As a gas expands, it retains the same thermal energy, but the temperature is thermal energy per unit of volume, so the temperature goes down. The effect is strong enough to cause the carbon dioxide from a CO2 fire extinguisher to become solid.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

Adiabatic expansion. As a gas expands, it retains the same thermal energy, but the temperature is thermal energy per unit of volume, so the temperature goes down. The effect is strong enough to cause the carbon dioxide from a CO2 fire extinguisher to become solid.

So that's how it works... I had been wondering about that.

Still doesn't explain why the bottom of the canister is always freezing cold, recently used or not.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: December 06, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

Is it metal? Metal will feel cold at room temperature because room temperature is below body temperature, and metal is a better conductor of heat than air. So it'll absorb heat from your skin at a rate greater than what your body senses as room temperature. This does not apply if you are in a very hot room, obviously.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: December 06, 2011, 11:44:17 am »

Laptop took a big shit, screen is dead and i don't think its passing POST anymore, goddamnit just when i get my new tech job >:C
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 3345