Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693419 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7830 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:36 pm »

My mom just got her new laptop. Radeon 6250 dedicated, AMD quad core CPU, 6GB RAM.

She's only going to use it for email.
ಠ_ಠ
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
F
« Reply #7831 on: December 02, 2011, 07:17:02 pm »

FreeForm, she's obviously trolling you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7832 on: December 02, 2011, 07:18:13 pm »

My mom just got her new laptop. Radeon 6250 dedicated, AMD quad core CPU, 6GB RAM.

I don't know if that's rage worthy or cackle like a batshit insane person worthy. It's like seeing your shrunken grandmother buy a monster truck to take it to church on Sunday.

"The nice man at the store said it was good in snow. Is it good in snow? I hope it's good in snow. I paid $48,000 for it."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:19:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7833 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

Secretly she'll be cackling away as she plays crysis, only to exit the game and open her email when FF walks into the room. "what's so funny, mom?"  FF's mom:"Oh, nothing. Just this email I read!" *FF leaves and mom fires up another high end game*

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »

The laptop has a dual screen that slides out of the first one, allowing her to play Skyrim and Crysis both at 100% graphics at the same time.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
E
« Reply #7835 on: December 02, 2011, 08:04:12 pm »

As the coup de grace, she'll also complain of the computer being outdated (before it really is), buy a new one, and sell the old one instead of giving it to FF since she no longer uses it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:35 pm »

I loathe self-help gurus whose biggest merit is writing books full of sugary inanities and selling them like hot dogs
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:57 pm »

Agreed. You'd think they would have figured out by now that paper, even sugar-coated, tastes terrible enough on its own, much less slathered in ketchup. Just because wood pulp is cheaper than meat doesn't mean it's an ideal substitute, guys.

... Or did you mean metaphorically? Yeah, fuck those guys. Theirs is advice that is neither useful nor original.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: December 02, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »

I'm fairly certain they know that their advice is unoriginal and useless. They also know that this means certain people will buy their rehashed self-help books over and over again forever, ensuring a steady high income.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: December 02, 2011, 09:26:38 pm »

Wait, wait, wait. Was it one of mine? If so, I'm okay with that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »

Thats not helping, MZ :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: December 02, 2011, 10:55:56 pm »

Freeformschooler probably would've mentioned if facepunching had been involved with the sales pitch.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: December 03, 2011, 09:05:11 am »

All of your responses are great and I laughed. Also

It's like seeing your shrunken grandmother buy a monster truck to take it to church on Sunday.

"The nice man at the store said it was good in snow. Is it good in snow? I hope it's good in snow. I paid $48,000 for it."

I'm pretty sure I know at least two people who would do this.

I am beginning to think she might just be trolling me because I said "I'm so jelly" and she was like "O I KNOW U JELLY HEHEHE".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: December 03, 2011, 01:07:40 pm »

Fuck the public bus. First, the bus is scheduled at the stop for 4:44PM, not 4:59. Second, the moron driver tells me to "go to the back, there's plenty of room back there", and since there's a solid mass of people blocking(it's always dangerously overcrowded), I jump out after paying my fare to go through the back door. Right after I do so, the driver starts to drive off. I managed to get him to stop to let me back on. And if I had knife, I'd have cut some of the assholes who thought that was funny.

And earlier that day, some asshole kid who volunteers where I work, right before it's time to leave, decides to run into the bathroom, laughing, for 15 minutes, the comes out warning people not to go in there. This isn't the first time this prick has done that, and yet he seems to take offense to the fact that people have a problem.

Could just be you need more power if that one is barely enough.
I might have been overexaggerating slightly. I think the minimum required is 500w-550w, and my PSU puts out around 630w.

And in any case, it was dust. A thorough check revealed a crapton of dust clogging the video card's fan and a little bit on the motherboard fan, plus a bunch of dust bunnies lodged under the disc drive racks. It was working once all of it was removed, although I'm slightly worried from damage from the propellant of the compressed air I blasted it with.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #7844 on: December 03, 2011, 02:49:19 pm »

Mom and dad argue. Again. Christmas probably going to be ruined because of constant arguing. Dad threw my salad on the floor.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck, I've watched this stuff happen for so many years that I've had enough, I'm moving. Then I can FINALLY have nice weekend without these two screaming at eachother

FUCK
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 3345