Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694272 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7785 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »

GODDAMNIT v-13 GO SODOMIZE YOURSELF OR SOMETHING I'M TIRED OF THIS BS.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7786 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:36 pm »

As to the show itself? Why do you want to avoid it so badly? It's not as sugary as you might think it would be. (the intro gave me diabetes once though). (I got better.) I have only seen 1 episode, and I didn't find it as amazing as many people claim it is, but the art was pretty good, and like I said, it wasn't so sugary as to be nauseating. I wouldn't watch another one on my own though.
The theme alone is enough to turn me away. I was playing as an admin on an ss13 server, and the head admin continually spammed the MLP theme to the point of me getting it stuck in my head. It was incredibly annoying and having it stuck in my head bordered on traumatizing.

Then it injects itself into nearly everything I do. It's in TF2, DF(somewhat), some of my friends talk about it, and I still go on that server sometimes.

It's because the pony thing is relatively new so it's still at the front of the cultural consciousness. People get angry and annoyed at whatever is particularly popular at the moment and right now it's MLP. Although, I gotta admit I'm not really fond of the fanbase either.
There's also that.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: November 29, 2011, 06:48:42 pm »

In case anyone was wondering, no, there will be no MLP sub-text for the thread title :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:46 pm »

MLP itself is fine, I just personally dislike how the fan's are kind of up in your face about the fact they're MLP fans.

Just gets annoying when someone always throws in MLP references in every post.

In case anyone was wondering, no, there will be no MLP sub-text for the thread title :P
But it'd be 20% cooler!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:43 pm »

20% Angrier Edition?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: November 29, 2011, 06:55:05 pm »

In truth I'm dying to put "Friendship is Poison Edition" but I'm not gonna, 'cause that's asking for trouble.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: November 29, 2011, 06:57:24 pm »

In truth I'm dying to put "Friendship is Poison Edition" but I'm not gonna, 'cause that's asking for trouble.
Maybe "Friendship is (INSERT ADJECTIVE HERE)!"
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7792 on: November 29, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »

My Little Embolism: Angership is Rage
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:12 pm »

I don't like the show either, but Toady did kind of ban discussing it, so changing the thread title would probably be a bad idea.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »

My little RAGE, RAGE is RAGE?
Soaplent green is goblins!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: November 29, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

Raaaaaaaage thread: [CENSORED] edition?
Welcome to Reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: November 29, 2011, 07:05:37 pm »

I don't like the show either, but Toady did kind of ban discussing it, so changing the thread title would probably be a bad idea.

Well. There's that. And it'd be a beacon to bronies that someone is picking on the series. Which this isn't, btw.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

He just banned a dedicated thread. If he banned MLP discussion altogether, the MLP mod thread and succession forts would've been closed as well.

Still, there's still hard feelings from the drama a while back so anything to avoid fanning flames is good :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:26 pm »

Raaaaaaaage thread: [CENSORED] edition?
That would make it sound like it is about the censorship bill. (Which is in itself rageworthy.)
Soaplent green is goblins!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7799 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »

He just banned a dedicated thread. If he banned MLP discussion altogether, the MLP mod thread and succession forts would've been closed as well.

Still, there's still hard feelings from the drama a while back so anything to avoid fanning flames is good :P
Although who knows what would happen if this thread erupted into a huge MLP flamewar. If I were Toady in that situation I might consider banning discussion of the show completely.

Doesn't mean it's not fun to come up with possible titles though.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 3345