Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694910 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7140 on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

Yeah, all of the parents in my town are much too focused on trying to get books taken out of school libraries instead of getting their kids to stop doing drugs.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7141 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

We have bi-weekly random drug testing here, and they nearly always catch people. When they are caught, they go to court under charges of drug use and usually get probation and weekly drug testing for a while. Usually 6 months to a year. Repeat offenders often get house arrest. Though personally, I don't think that the tests are helping much. The people at my school still do it and hope that they aren't chosen for the test, and if they're caught, they just suck it up and take their charge(s). Then when their probation is over they go right back to the drugs :| My town is small to medium sized, with some stuff to do, but it can get pretty boring.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: October 10, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »

Speaking of teaching, I'm still having issues with AP Statistics. I'm supposed to think one way and I actually think another and it's not working out so well for me. See, I need to explain less and be more vague, while at the same time precisely generalizing a term with multiple parts to it. Why, we're supposed to be saying "the correlation is rather high" as opposed to anything more concrete.

Does that bug anyone else, or do I need to start throwing my head at rocks to get it to think the "right" way?
I, personally, don't usually have any problem being non-definitive in my speaking, but I'm just a single data point and may in fact be a statistical error.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: October 10, 2011, 08:54:31 pm »

Horrible day at school today  :'(

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: October 11, 2011, 03:22:09 am »

Damn ingrown beard stubble is pissing me off. Maybe I should stop using a razor for shaving.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:49 am »

I use a razor, and that isn't a problem I have yet come across.
Protip: Buy ladies razors, they are designed to give a closer shave and most of them come with a moisturising strip things that leaves your face feeling soft and smooth. Shit is so cash.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: October 11, 2011, 05:33:45 am »

Dammit, I'm sick. And that would require me to be confined to my room when everybody in the house has already had it!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:37 am »

Internet not working properly, i bought it yesterday and all day it kept refusing to connect because for some reason i wasn't registered or something.Now it keeps giving me Error 628 which is apparently about being refused service by the remote computer, the helpline can't help me with that but the ones who sold it to me can, only their helpline number isn't working.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: October 11, 2011, 11:13:02 am »

Maybe I should stop using a razor for shaving.
Beardiness is next to godliness.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7149 on: October 11, 2011, 11:16:52 am »

We have bi-weekly random drug testing here, and they nearly always catch people. When they are caught, they go to court under charges of drug use and usually get probation and weekly drug testing for a while. Usually 6 months to a year. Repeat offenders often get house arrest. Though personally, I don't think that the tests are helping much. The people at my school still do it and hope that they aren't chosen for the test, and if they're caught, they just suck it up and take their charge(s). Then when their probation is over they go right back to the drugs :| My town is small to medium sized, with some stuff to do, but it can get pretty boring.

That is a violation of the 4th amendment. I hate that kids are being trained to accept the yoke of the police state and violation of their own rights.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:59 am »

I'll be doing math for the next 12 hours.

Rage.  Mostly because this is math I really do not want to do, but which I need to study if I am going to be able to study algebra or topology, two topics that need far more attention than I have given them thus far.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: October 11, 2011, 11:25:46 am »

That is a violation of the 4th amendment. I hate that kids are being trained to accept the yoke of the police state and violation of their own rights.
Kids are property until they turn 18.

That said, I'm not quite sure it violates the 4th amendment. Someone more versed in law will probably be able to say for sure, but since the school informs kids that they're doing these searches ahead of time, they can no longer "expect privacy."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:29:48 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: October 11, 2011, 11:30:10 am »

So adults brainwash them while they have the time to do it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7153 on: October 11, 2011, 11:43:55 am »

That said, I'm not quite sure it violates the 4th amendment. Someone more versed in law will probably be able to say for sure, but since the school informs kids that they're doing these searches ahead of time, they can no longer "expect privacy."

Even if that is the case, kids are their parents property, not the schools.

They are physically subjecting the student to search and seizing part of their body without a warrant or probably cause. Being informed that you will be searched does not remove your reasonable expectation of privacy. Your person, your body is always private. This is clearly and unquestionably a violation the 4th amendment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expectation_of_privacy
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: October 11, 2011, 11:48:21 am »

Even if that is the case, kids are their parents property, not the schools.

They are physically subjecting the student to search and seizing part of their body without a warrant or probably cause. Being informed that you will be searched does not remove your reasonable expectation of privacy. Your person, your body is always private. This is clearly and unquestionably a violation the 4th amendment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expectation_of_privacy
$10,000 say it's a clause in the school's registration papers, and that most of the parents are in favor.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 3345