Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694817 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7035 on: October 04, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »

Oh great, Bethesda/Zenimax are still suing Mojang even after Mojang tried to comply with the "Cease and Desist" order.

Seriously?
I cannot come up with an intelligent response, so I'll just say this.

Bethseda, you greedy fucking shits.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7036 on: October 04, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »

apparently lawyers live in some wacko alternate realty where they get paid to sue people.

oh wait....

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: October 04, 2011, 09:43:07 pm »

God damnit, whoever took the book Fahrenheight 451 from the library I will fucking find you. Its been overdue for 14 days, and I really want to read that damn book.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:49 pm »

God damnit, whoever took the book Fahrenheight 451 from the library I will fucking find you. Its been overdue for 14 days, and I really want to read that damn book.
I bet they burned it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »

I am absolutely furious at myself. At today's cross country meet, a runner from the opposing team hit me on the arm in such a way that I could not feel it for at least a minute afterwards. Not a single official commented on this.

Beyond this, I let pain get the best of me. I should have ignored my arm. I should have ignored my legs. I should have ignored my cramp. I am tougher than a bunch of impulses, dammit. Pain is just a set of chemical reactions. So am I, and there's a hell of a lot more of me than there is pain. Pain is temporary. Pain will pass. Apparently I forgot that today. "My everything hurts" is not an acceptable reason to let anyone pass me during a race.

Damn it self, be better!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:44:03 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »

Makes me miss high school athletics.  Seriously.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 05, 2011, 05:20:27 am »

Borderlands.

Keeps.

Crashing.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH

I just want to beat Crawmerax god dammit.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 05, 2011, 06:29:42 am »

Borderlands.

Keeps.

Crashing.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH

I just want to beat Crawmerax god dammit.

Are they patching? I had a problem where it kept crashing for a few days, and it turned out Steam was applying a patch and not telling me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:33 am »

Oh great, Bethesda/Zenimax are still suing Mojang even after Mojang tried to comply with the "Cease and Desist" order.

Seriously?
To be fair, in context of what he is being sued for (Scrolls being too alike The Elder Scrolls), the changes Mojang offered (adding a subtitle to the name, Scrolls - [Subtitle]) doesn't make the names any harder to differentiate from each other, seeing as Beth's games are called The Elder Scrolls - [Subtitle].

I mean, it's still a bullshit [sue-noun] to begin with, but his "comply" doesn't actually resolve what Beth is pissed at him for. Personally, I even think adding a subtitle just makes the titles more like each other.
Love, scriver~

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 05, 2011, 10:27:56 am »

Seriously?
To be fair, in context of what he is being sued for (Scrolls being too alike The Elder Scrolls), the changes Mojang offered (adding a subtitle to the name, Scrolls - [Subtitle]) doesn't make the names any harder to differentiate from each other, seeing as Beth's games are called The Elder Scrolls - [Subtitle].

I mean, it's still a bullshit [sue-noun] to begin with, but his "comply" doesn't actually resolve what Beth is pissed at him for. Personally, I even think adding a subtitle just makes the titles more like each other.

Actually what seems to have happened is that Mojang tried to trademark the word scrolls in every single context ever, or at least in all the following formats:

Quote from: kotaku
Entertainment services in the form of electronic, computer and video games provided by means of the Internet and other remote communications device; internet games (non downloadable); organising of games; games (not downloadable) played via a global computer network; education and entertainment services in the form of cinematographic, televisual, digital and motion picture films, radio and television programs and shows; preparation, editing and production of cinematographic, televisual, digital and motion picture films, radio and television programs; entertainment services in the form of electronic, computer and video games provided by means of the Internet, mobile telephone and other remote communications device.

(Link for those interested in the source)

If Mojang had got that passed, then Bethseda would have been in a difficult situation, so it is understandable that they got pretty annoyed about it.

Even so, they should have dropped the case after Mojang offered to work with them, but they may just be being cautious rather than callous.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 05, 2011, 10:35:36 am »

A ... how does one say this politely (I'm really trying here)... "visibly mentally challenged" 12 or 13 year old girl and very moral classmate very politely waited in the lobby to speak to an attorney. This is not usual practice. It appears her other classmates are ruthlessly making fun of her, among other things, in front of school officials (coach, teachers) who do nothing or in one case actually encourage it. Phrases including but certainly not limited to "[her name] is God's joke," [these are the ones I can repeat here] have been uttered by these "good catholic school children." Kids, should not be, but are cruel. Adults on the other hand, should know better. There are other, worse things along this line happening, that I shall not mention here. Suffice it to say there are photographs involved.... This alone infuriates me, but I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment and literally do not have the time to help. Moreover, my boss knows there is no money it in, and he will not have it for that reason.... I have, however, referred her to another attorney who I am certain can help her. I've also told them to tell their parents what they have told me....

Some days, I hate people....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:43:42 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 05, 2011, 10:59:27 am »

Honestly, in your line of work....I don't know how a day goes by that you don't hate people.

You're a better soul than me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »

Facebook and Twitter have been making me rage for the past few days.

I've been tasked with integrating Facebook liking and Twitter tweeting into the mobile app for our partnered newspaper company.  I don't think the two companies could have made this any harder.  We want the interface to be consistent, naturally, and would prefer if users didn't have a window pop up over the app to do these actions.  Tough luck, because both Twitter and Facebook require you to redirect to them to let the user log in (which makes sense, keeps us from stealing their passwords, not that we would :)).

Fine, I say, I'll just open a popup.  Oops, mobile browsers can't do that inside of a native code app!  FINE, I say, I'll iframe in the log in form.  Nope, you can't do that either because of security restrictions!

So I ended up freaking reverse engineering Facebook's like button requests and reimplementing it in cURL in PHP, which amazingly works.  Except it's against their terms of service, so we might get banned.

Couldn't get Twitter to work like that at all, so I ended up finding a workaround for the popup thing for them, but it doesn't work for Facebook!

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: October 05, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »

The new antimissile shield project at Rota. We are having more than 300 house evictions a day, and the two major political parties have agreed that we totally have to cut down social spending and I+D. Yet somehow we have the cash to burn on this SDI crap? damn them to hell
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:05:07 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 05, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

Wait, what is this bullshit?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 3345