Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696437 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6960 on: September 30, 2011, 01:32:03 am »

Oh, by the way, if I try and fail to turn my current printer into a reprap, can I get it replaced on warranty? :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6961 on: September 30, 2011, 01:59:34 am »

HP Printers are appropriate for the rage thread, because that's what mine made me do... rage.

Until I replaced it.  No problems with my Epson.

Beware HP is well known for ink extortion.  Maybe not all of their printers do this, but mind wouldn't let me print anything unless all of the cartridges were above a certain level, even if it was just one color when all I wanted was some B&W text.  I think they also designed their cartridges to expire, because it would suddenly complain about needing to replace colors when I hadn't even printed anything in a long time.

The drivers also drove me crazy.  I had an update notification constantly in my systray for years, because attempting to actually do the update would cause massive system instability... just had to leave it there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: September 30, 2011, 02:14:46 am »

Beware HP the entire god damn printer industry is well known for ink extortion.
Fixed.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: September 30, 2011, 02:22:02 am »

Some are better than others.  Had my Epson for like 8 months now, and haven't been nagged once.  Not long enough to know for sure, but so far I'm happy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: September 30, 2011, 02:23:25 am »

I've heard really good things about Epson, and they did release this fucking amazing Japanese font pack~
Unfortunately, I've never actually used an Epson printer~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:36 pm »

Epson is owned by Seiko, so it makes sense that they'd do Japanese stuff. I, unfortunately, have had nothing but bad experiences with Epson. The ink is alcohol-based, and it wound up evaporating before I could use it all. Not to mention the drivers, which are either impossible to find or corrupted. Hopefully things have changed for them in the past couple years, but I'll never buy Epson again. My parents are currently looking for an Epson printer, but that's because HP doesn't do sublimation ink for custom coffee mugs and stuff.

Oh, by the way, if I try and fail to turn my current printer into a reprap, can I get it replaced on warranty? :D
Probably not, but you can get an extra $50 off the cost of a new printer (on select printers, of course) for trading in the old one. Any old one. Of any make or model. Even non-HP ones.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:57 pm »

wait, seriously?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: September 30, 2011, 10:57:24 pm »

wait, seriously?

Seriously what?
The trade in thing? Yeah, that's 100% true. Any Staples or OfficeMax will honor the deal, or you can do it through our website.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:05 pm »

living in the ass end of the world probably hinders that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: September 30, 2011, 11:01:52 pm »

living in the ass end of the world probably hinders that.
Yeah, but you guys get stuff like the DreamScreen, and we're completely in the dark. Oh, and the $50 rebate is a worldwide thing.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: October 01, 2011, 02:53:04 am »

This. He is either a troll or one of the most computer unliterate people in existence. I say unliterate because he does know how to do things with the computer; he just appears to be a complete moron about what he is actually doing.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 01, 2011, 02:59:48 am »

This. He is either a troll or one of the most computer unliterate people in existence. I say unliterate because he does know how to do things with the computer; he just appears to be a complete moron about what he is actually doing.
What are you talking about? Do you know how hard it is to get the IP of Google! We can bring down the system now!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: October 01, 2011, 04:16:13 am »

What are you talking about? Do you know how hard it is to get the IP of Google! We can bring down the system now!
Urge for violence, strong, but must, resist.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 01, 2011, 04:18:13 am »

Urge for violence, strong, but must, resist.
Thats it, im going to hack you now! Let me just type in the awesome hacking tool I have called cmd "tracert Scaraban" and your computer will be mine!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: October 01, 2011, 04:29:13 am »

The sunglass-penguin mocks me as the user behind puts more misleading text out onto the internet. This information will be picked up by a Google bot, and someone at some point in time, is going to think this does something. With any luck, it will be in an office that I will be Net Admin for. This employee, being computer illiterate to begin with, will blame the IT staff for his trace route command not hacking a computer through username on a forum. All the other techs will be busy that day. I will walk over to his cubicle and punch him in the face. I will explain the crazy story to my boss, we have a good laugh and the idiot is fired. Everything works out all right, hurray!
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 3345