Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695578 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6930 on: September 29, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

I was going to post something about a biased jury in the Jackson case, but it didn't make any sense. So, to simplify what I was going to originaly say, there will be bias in the jury for the Jackson case.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6931 on: September 29, 2011, 04:30:36 pm »

David Tennant made a great Doctor.

Much better than what's-his-name they have now. That guy's just an idiot.
THIS MAKES ME RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: September 29, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »

Okay I have a rather long-winded complaint.
Spoiler: In here (click to show/hide)

He sounds like kind of an asshole.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: September 29, 2011, 04:43:04 pm »

All teenage kids view they're dads as assholes, trust me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: September 29, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

Blank Cod I skipped my teenage years.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:03 pm »

Blank Cod I skipped my teenage years.
It was a wierd phase for me really, I thought my dad was the most baddass, best fucking guy in the world. I turn thirteen and then I suddenly notice some flaws like "Holy shit, when was my dad conservative?".
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: September 29, 2011, 04:52:25 pm »

I actually really respected my dad, even as a teenager.  We think a lot alike.  We both disdain authority for its own sake.  We didn't spend a lot of time together (both of us are rather reclusive), but the stuff we did do was fucking awesome.  He introduced me to a lot of the music I listen to (Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead), and we went to see the South Park movie together in the theater.

We only had two major disagreements: the internet (they blamed it for my bad grades) and my sister.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: September 29, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »

Me and my dad argue over EVERYTHING. One of the major arguements we have is on politics. Im Liberal, he's Conservative. I walk into the room and tell him to turn off Fox News, we get in an arguement.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »

I actually had a really great relationship with my father (and still do). It's my mother that's the, well, psychotic jerk. Fortunately medication has helped quite a bit with the "psychotic" part.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: September 29, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »

Me and my dad argue over EVERYTHING. One of the major arguements we have is on politics. Im Liberal, he's Conservative. I walk into the room and tell him to turn off Fox News, we get in an arguement.
Are you being literal here? If so, even though Fox News is essentially worthless, that is quite rude.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: September 29, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »

Are you being literal here? If so, even though Fox News is essentially worthless, that is quite rude.
No I was kidding on that part, but we do argue.
Welcome to Reality.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: September 29, 2011, 05:36:44 pm »

Unfortunately, I'm not (nor have I ever been) a 5th level or higher Cleric, so I haven't had a relationship of any kind with my dad >_____>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: September 29, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »

Unfortunately, I'm not (nor have I ever been) a 5th level or higher Cleric, so I haven't had a relationship of any kind with my dad >_____>
I... don't... understand...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: September 29, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

It was a joke in poor taste, I'd pay it no mind. ("Speak with dead" is a spell that can't be cast in D&D until 5th level in the cleric class)

Also I probably shouldn't have said anything, in retrospect, it tends to awkward the crap out of whatever conversation people were in the middle of and that's actually not the intent here. Think I should remove the post?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »

Nah.  I'm glad to learn more about you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 3345