Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695180 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6900 on: September 28, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

It's sad, since HP desktops are some of the best pre-builts you can buy.
A bit ridiculous in some places, though.

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6901 on: September 28, 2011, 02:46:47 pm »

It's sad, since HP desktops are some of the best pre-builts you can buy.
A bit ridiculous in some places, though.
I actually flinched when I saw that price. The PC I could build with £2500...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: September 28, 2011, 03:00:54 pm »

Processor: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 1GB RAM
Hard Drive: 150GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
Connection: 魔法
Weight: 2 pounds
Price: $199.99

I can do everything I want with this.  The most intensive stuff I will run is 720p videos but I've got overlay mixer kicking and some newer visual novel engines use 800x600 resolution but I can take it.  DS emulation works fine too.  What else do I need?  The rest of the stuff I do is text and images.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 28, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »

Dungeon Crawl works good on a netbook too; what else would anybody need?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 28, 2011, 03:14:58 pm »

Dungeon Crawl works good on a netbook too; what else would anybody need?
Yeah roguelikes too.  Cataclysm, Crawl, DoomRL, etc.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »

Yeah, that's why I haven't had a pre-built desktop since my Dell 386 back in 1993. In a sense, I still have the same computer I had in 1993, it's just undergone multiple stages of evolution.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: September 28, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »

My current computer is a prebuilt (with customizations).  I technically knew how to build my own when I got this one, but I didn't have any confidence in my abilities back then.  Now I do, I've worked in a tech shop where one of my responsibilities was to pick out parts and build custom systems for clients, and good lord that know-how is one hell of a perk. 

Last time I checked prices I could build a damn near top of the line machine and save more money doing so when comparing it to a similar pre-built to have covered the cost of the college class that taught me how to do this shit 3 times over.  These prebuilt systems have to be some kind of money racket.

P.S. Dell Inspiron 530, 4GB Ram, Intel Core2 Duo, Some ATI graphics card that's model I don't feel like looking up, 2 280ish GB HDs plus 2 externals I salvaged from the computer tech shop when it went under, I have yet to have a reason to hook up.

I also have a big old server computer that I think was the Shop's web server that I can't figure out what to do with, haven't been assed to look at the specs for, and don't have enough experience with actual networks to actually get working even if I HAD a use for it (this thing is somewhat intimidating).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:04:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24:02 pm »

I got my current computer as a gift. It's a prebuilt, and definitely not anywhere near top-of-the-line, but it's good enough to run newer games without too much lag. :P

Oops, forgot stats.
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200
3GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4350
One 285 GB HDD that I manage to keep nearly full due to hoarding
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:44:08 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »

I put a pizza in the oven, once its down I set it out to cool down. Im back a minute later and I see someone put a shitload of pepper all over it, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:51 pm »

At least you remembered it.
I've probably left about 3 pizzas in the oven and had to eat the partially charred remains, while silently being thankful I didn't burn the house down.
Nothing important here, move along.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: September 28, 2011, 08:10:31 pm »

Also: How the HELL is WH40K a ripoff of Starcraft? Some idiot posted that on a WH40K lore youtube video. Probably heard the words "Space Marine" and went nuts because the only Space Marines he knows of are Starcraft II Space Marines. By that logic:
Starship Troopers is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Halo is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Doom is a ripoff of Starcraft,
The Federation Troopers of the Metroid Universe are a ripoff of Starcraft,
And pretty much any good Sci-Fi game/movie/book is a ripoff of Starcraft.

Also, isn't 40K a fair bit older?
Supposedly blizzard likes stealing ideas from GW, and based warcraft off of warhammer, and starcraft off of 40K.
Looking at starcraft I can definitely see a resemblance, zerg being tyranids, and the protoss have a distinctly eldar feel (like using gates, having elegant, non-utilitarian aesthetics, and damn near everything about their culture), so it does seem to draw heavily from 40K.

Then of course there's the whole WoW vs WAR thing. WAR was announced in 2000, then WoW was announced one year later in 2001. GW then made the genius decision that it would be too costly to rollout the servers and such, so it was basically mothballed until after WoW became such a huge success, then they decided to dig it up again.

GW makes some horrible business decisions sometimes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: September 28, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »

Also: How the HELL is WH40K a ripoff of Starcraft? Some idiot posted that on a WH40K lore youtube video. Probably heard the words "Space Marine" and went nuts because the only Space Marines he knows of are Starcraft II Space Marines. By that logic:

Also, isn't 40K a fair bit older?

Given that starcraft was apparently going to be a 40k computer game...
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »

And that Warcraft got made because Blizzard couldn't get the license for a Warhammer game...

Lemme find that Penny Arcade strip.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 28, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »

Not to mention that the (a?) founder of Blizzard said directly that Zerg were inspired by the Tyranids.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: September 28, 2011, 08:34:25 pm »

Now all he needs to do is go meta and say that Starcraft is a ripoff of Starcraft.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 3345