Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695340 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6885 on: September 28, 2011, 08:41:24 am »

I have my windows 7 machine set to the windows 98 style
Could you tell me how to do this? I looked around myself but couldn't find anything.
I want to know this too. Also, is it possible to make it look like XP?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6886 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:51 am »

Windows 7 severely fucked up MS paint and Movie Maker, though. I liked the Vista versions.
What's more, I can't use Microsoft Word because of it. It wants me to buy it. I'm too lazy to downgrade paint, microsoft office, movie maker so I'll just downgrade to XP when I get my new computer.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:14 am »

I have my windows 7 machine set to the windows 98 style
Could you tell me how to do this? I looked around myself but couldn't find anything.
I want to know this too. Also, is it possible to make it look like XP?

There's a few things you need to do. The most basic is to go into the "personalization" menu and select "Windows Classic" under "basic and high-contrast themes".
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: September 28, 2011, 08:50:11 am »

Windows 7 severely fucked up MS paint and Movie Maker, though. I liked the Vista versions.
What's more, I can't use Microsoft Word because of it. It wants me to buy it.

You could try using Open Office instead. Its free and is pretty much just as good as MS Office 2003 (and better than the newer versions)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:57 am »

Seriously, am I the only person who tries out menu items?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

What's more, I can't use Microsoft Word because of it. It wants me to buy it.

You could try using Open Office instead. Its free and is pretty much just as good as MS Office 2003 (and better than the newer versions)

If you can write with it and it can be opened quickly, it's good enough for me.

Also, it's not just the way how it looks. While it can look like a XP or 98, it is a Windows 7 at heart. It's just a crappy OS that tries to hide behind the XP. No sir, I won't use this impostor OS. YOU CAN'T POSSESS THE BODY OF WINDOWS 95 YOU EVIL OS! BEGONE!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:48:26 am by Leatra »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: September 28, 2011, 09:33:16 am »

Seriously, I can't believe there's people that don't know how to do this.
Not all people are computer people. It isn't exactly something you have to know to browse the Internet and use Word.

Seriously, am I the only person who tries out menu items?
No, the choice just wasn't where it used to be (on previous, non Windows 7 computers) when I looked, so I thought it would be faster just to ask. I don't have anything resembling that personalisation choice, however, but I found another place where "high contrast" was mentioned where I could change it.

Anyway, thanks for helping, to both of you.
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:42 am »

Speaking of Microsoft "upgrades" that make things worse, I detest the "ribbon" menus in the new versions of MS office, whoever thought that those would be a good idea needs to be institutionalized before they fuck anything else up for everyone.
When I was in a 3D/CAD class, Autodesk had something that looked exactly like the ribbon, but actually had a point to it and was smaller.

MSOffice, however, did not need a change, partly because you confuse all of the old people who've been using it, and partly because it didn't need the damn change. It is a typing/slideshow making/spreadsheet maker primarily, with some other parts that are used in someway somewhere. You don't need to be entertained by it, or be impressed by its looks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 28, 2011, 11:28:12 am »

Trying to buy an HP TouchPad in a internal-only web-only sale. Apparently HP didn't think about the fact that maybe a lot of people would be interested in this, and hence maybe they should beef up their webcommerce servers? I'm dying here...

EDIT: 1h 20m, and I'm still trying to check out. Perhaps this is why people aren't buying much from HP -- because they CAN'T FUCKING MAKE A PURCHASE.  >:(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:20:13 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: September 28, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »

I bought a HP laptop once. After the motherboard died for the third time in less than two years I swore to never again.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 28, 2011, 01:54:31 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one of our laptops. Or any HP printer made in the last 3-4 years. The hardware is actually still good on the printers, but the software portion is apparently coded by the monkeys who weren't good enough to randomly type up the complete works of Shakespeare.

The TouchPad hardware was developed mostly by ex-Palm engineers though, as opposed to ones from Compaq who were doing the PCs and laptops.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:36 pm »

It's sad, since HP desktops are some of the best pre-builts you can buy.
Nothing important here, move along.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: September 28, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »

I love my desktop. MZ's Machine, hoooo!

AMD PhenomIIx6 @ 3.2Ghz,
8GB RAM,
1.5TB HDD,
ATI Raedon 6570 (1GB),
Wifi card,

aaand I don't know what else to put.

Edit: Fixed clock speed on processor.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:41:18 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: September 28, 2011, 02:28:08 pm »

Mine's a:

Processor: AMD Athalon (tm) II X2 250 processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0 GHz
Memory: 5120MB RAM
External Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Connection: Fiber Optics

Also: How the HELL is WH40K a ripoff of Starcraft? Some idiot posted that on a WH40K lore youtube video. Probably heard the words "Space Marine" and went nuts because the only Space Marines he knows of are Starcraft II Space Marines. By that logic:
Starship Troopers is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Halo is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Doom is a ripoff of Starcraft,
The Federation Troopers of the Metroid Universe are a ripoff of Starcraft,
And pretty much any good Sci-Fi game/movie/book is a ripoff of Starcraft.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:36:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 28, 2011, 02:42:00 pm »

Also: How the HELL is WH40K a ripoff of Starcraft? Some idiot posted that on a WH40K lore youtube video. Probably heard the words "Space Marine" and went nuts because the only Space Marines he knows of are Starcraft II Space Marines. By that logic:
Starship Troopers is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Halo is a ripoff of Starcraft,
Doom is a ripoff of Starcraft,
The Federation Troopers of the Metroid Universe are a ripoff of Starcraft,
And pretty much any good Sci-Fi game/movie/book is a ripoff of Starcraft.

Also, isn't 40K a fair bit older?
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 3345