Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694822 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6870 on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »

Hell a lot of these tech guys are pretty cool, and judging from some horror stories I heard from a friend of mine they have seen much worse.

I have something like 4 figurines of dragons (and one penguin).  And nobody said anything or even looked at any of it funny.  One phone tech guy actually commented positively on an old Ren and Stimpy poster I had.

And if I had an Knux doll I would proudly display the thing in the front window.  Anything from back when the sonic games didn't suck are things to be worshiped.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6871 on: September 27, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »

Hey, if you're going to blame shiny buttons, you can't not blame apple partly as well. Thats all I'm saying about that, though.

Apple's even worse...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »

Weird. I expected to be angry and confused at the change from Windows XP to Win 7...experience insane compatibility problems...

But you know what? I like it. I'm not sweating the additional resources for the shiny, the window swapping is nice...and I think the number of hardcore compatibility problems I've had with games can be counted on one hand. I actually Win 7 was an actual upgrade, compared to Vista.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:45 pm »

I have my windows 7 machine set to the windows 98 style

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: September 27, 2011, 11:07:38 pm »

Speaking of Microsoft "upgrades" that make things worse, I detest the "ribbon" menus in the new versions of MS office, whoever thought that those would be a good idea needs to be institutionalized before they fuck anything else up for everyone.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: September 27, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

The only interface thing in windows 7 that really pissed me off was the changes to paint.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: September 27, 2011, 11:40:49 pm »

I'm cool with Windows 7; the only issue I have with it are the several thousand percent more frequent bluescreens, but that's mostly because my copy of XP only bluescreened once, ever, over 8 years. And no, I'm never going to shut up about it. Windows 7 I can expect one about once a month on average, though they tend to come in bursts.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: September 27, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »

I'm cool with Windows 7; the only issue I have with it are the several thousand percent more frequent bluescreens, but that's mostly because my copy of XP only bluescreened once, ever, over 8 years. And no, I'm never going to shut up about it. Windows 7 I can expect one about once a month on average, though they tend to come in bursts.
Really? My Laptop has never bluescreened, and I have done terrible things to it.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »

The recent police brutality murder reported Progressive Rage thread. I'm so angry I can barely think right now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: September 27, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

The recent police brutality murder reported Progressive Rage thread. I'm so angry I can barely think right now.

Oh for fucks sake I was about to go to sleep and now I'm going to go read that and be pissed all night.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:50 am »

Really? My Laptop has never bluescreened, and I have done terrible things to it.
I share Win7 experience with Scaraban. What the hell were you doing to your compy to BSOD it?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: September 28, 2011, 12:10:31 am »

I share Win7 experience with Scaraban. What the hell were you doing to your compy to BSOD it?
Hell if I know. It typically happens in the middle of doing nothing unusual (typing things in OpenOffice or reading things on the forum are the most common), so I'm gonna chalk it up to my drivers just fucking hate each other or I've got some system setting configured in a dumb way.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: September 28, 2011, 04:41:04 am »

Hell, in the 5 years that I'm using Vista I've encountered maybe 10 BSODs, of which 3 were because of a damage sector on my HDD and 4 others because my laptop tends to overheat if I put it on a blanket while playing EU3.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: September 28, 2011, 07:57:30 am »

I've never had either my Vista computer (5 years old) or 7 computer (1.5-ish years old) BSOD. Hell, I haven't personally seen one on any computer I've owned since Windows '98.

Windows 7 severely fucked up MS paint and Movie Maker, though. I liked the Vista versions.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: September 28, 2011, 08:37:42 am »

I have my windows 7 machine set to the windows 98 style
Could you tell me how to do this? I looked around myself but couldn't find anything.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 3345