Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692965 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6720 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:25 am »

I feel like everyone in my school is an idiot, no really. Being the new kid in my school I somehow get paired up with 6 other girls for a social studies project, im fine with this except for the fact they are complete idiots (No im not saying all girls are idiots, just these ones.). I suggest we do our project on the Cold War, Cuban Missle Crisis, or World War II. You know what they say? "LOL LETS DO IT ABOUT DISNEYLAND!!!!!!", I tried to convince them that we should do something less stupid but they wouldn't budge. So I get to do a social studies project about disneyland now, you better bet im going to say the Disney is racist in that report.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6721 on: September 25, 2011, 02:43:46 am »

If you can, find some evidence that indicates he's sexist (to both genders), he's pro-slavery, anti-life (i.e., supports global genocide of everyone)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: September 25, 2011, 02:54:58 am »

If you can, find some evidence that indicates he's sexist (to both genders), he's pro-slavery, anti-life (i.e., supports global genocide of everyone)
Oh trust me I will.

BLOOD WILL RAIN DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS, CITIES WILL CRUMBLE FROM MY SPEECH, AND I'LL PROBALLY GET IN TROUBLE. THEY WILL ALL HEAR MY WRATH.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: September 25, 2011, 02:57:43 am »

Wait, wait, wait.

Idea.

For a speech, make sure to go first, and say you're really good at introductions. Say you've got this great thick book about Disneyland or whatever, and you've got something that will really help the speech.

Then just do an introduction to a speech on the Cuban missile crisis or whatever your preferred topic was.

For a physical presentation, do effectively the same, but adapt it to your chosen presentation medium.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: September 25, 2011, 03:31:10 am »

Or perhaps that he was a Nazi, or that he hired people to run lemmings off of cliffs. I've heard it's true, I've heard it's a lie. But it's on the internet, and that's credible enough, right?

Then just do an introduction to a speech on the Cuban missile crisis or whatever your preferred topic was.
Depending on the grading system, bad idea. If they're supposed to help out and you all get a group grade, you'll just fuck yourself over.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: September 25, 2011, 03:33:42 am »

Although doing so would be very lol worthy, I don't want to get an F. My teacher is pretty nice and all, but she doesn't take any bullshit. She's probally the only teacher i've had, who taught us some yoga positions in class as a break.
Welcome to Reality.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:49 am »

Getting a new phone line through Time Warner Cable has lumbered my already byzantine fire-hazard of a "home office" with multiple more cables, because the phone has it's own modem that has to be split off from my existing wireless modem, and both the phone and modem have power cords to be plugged in.  And after rolling the dice with the wires, the phone doesn't work.  According to the installation guide, the modem says it's trying to find the outside line, but it's finding nothing.

Combined with attempts to call my new phone number resulting in a "not in service" message, I have a sneaking suspicion that TWC has neglected to turn on my phone line more than a week after I started paying for it.  Bastards.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: September 25, 2011, 10:17:37 am »

Bdthemag, if you've got any extra time you should see if you can't find Baudrillard's essay called "Simulacra and Simulation" online.  It has an extensive portion on Disneyland.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: September 25, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »

Do a second project on something not stupid, and turn that in with a note stating that you wish to be graded on that one and not tied to your groupmate's lack of decent topic selection/forced popular vote.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: September 25, 2011, 01:34:12 pm »

I feel like everyone in my school is an idiot, no really. Being the new kid in my school I somehow get paired up with 6 other girls for a social studies project, im fine with this except for the fact they are complete idiots (No im not saying all girls are idiots, just these ones.). I suggest we do our project on the Cold War, Cuban Missle Crisis, or World War II. You know what they say? "LOL LETS DO IT ABOUT DISNEYLAND!!!!!!", I tried to convince them that we should do something less stupid but they wouldn't budge. So I get to do a social studies project about disneyland now, you better bet im going to say the Disney is racist in that report.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is now on my list of reasons for skipping highschool and starting college early.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: September 25, 2011, 02:16:00 pm »

Another reason I'm glad most of my classes are at the college or centered on individual work. I hate group projects, because I always end up having to do the whole thing anyway. Except for my current Current World Problems project, in which I am partnered with the only other two people in my class who have shown up for more than 50% of the lessons.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: September 25, 2011, 02:16:47 pm »

Newsflash!

It's not actually that much better in college.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: September 25, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »

I have a group project in Engineering.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: September 25, 2011, 02:19:47 pm »

Yeah, it's precisely for that reason that I made the claim.  Fucking engineering group projects.  The compsci people I worked with really weren't that much better.

(I used to be in mechanical engineering, actually.  Pretty odd, huh)

I can't say much about math or rhetoric, though, since we haven't done much at all in the way of group work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: September 25, 2011, 02:21:07 pm »

My math professor is pretty badass.  I'm absolutely terrified of him and he doesn't give any assignments whatsoever.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 3345